User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User atj003
(committed) Wed 12-Oct-11 20:10:23
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk,what are they really like?

[re: anything_but] [link to this post]

I had to change my ISP 100% down to cost.
moving both my phone and Internet to talk talk has already started saving me money.
simply because i make a lot of calls to the hospital in london (daytime hours)

I wont lie I was dreading the move for obvious reasons you hear so much about how bad talk talk are.But ive been with them now nearly 4 months and its been good.
Ive got a stable internet its around 1MB less than I got with Xilo.My pings in Wow are amazing most of the time it does not go above 38.

im synced at 5.5mb with a download speed of 561KB You tube and all streaming services are working fine,So are the Xbox services.

the one thing i would really suggest.dont bother with Talktalk CS via the phone.the users forum is the only place to get common sense on anything,its a lot less stressful that area of talk talk IMHO is the reason theres so many complaints.I phoned them once about a billing question and it was just madness.I got the answer I was looking for via the members forum within the hour and no hassle.

Edited by atj003 (Wed 12-Oct-11 20:19:55)

Standard User tgv
(committed) Wed 12-Oct-11 21:11:35
Print Post

Re: DONT EVEN CONSIDER THAT SHAMBLES !!

[re: Allnm] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Allnm:
Well my TT line goes live tomorrow. I am leaving Pipex after 9 years so anything is better! Trolls aside, I am looking forward to using TT, my Dad has been using it for 2 years and is more than happy.
I did consider Sky but my neighbours had so much trouble with them, I decided to stay clear. I even cancelled my Sky tv (as they did) and went with freesat. Now I can watch all that rubbish satellite tv for free.

Allan

It will only be better if you are migrating to LLU otherwise I suspect you will be disappointed.

Moving to Freesat is a good move. Thing is if you do miss any programs shown on the pay sites it still works out cheaper to get the series on DVD and you have the added bonus of no ads. I also recommend going to your local library as at my library box set DVDs only cost £2.50 to hire for three weeks!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 12-Oct-11 21:14:06
Print Post

Re: DONT EVEN CONSIDER THAT SHAMBLES !!

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

Stop labelling people, it is for us to decide who is giving reasonable feedback, and those who are being overly positive or negative.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tgv
(committed) Wed 12-Oct-11 21:20:11
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:
In reply to a post by woweebert:
And the same rules applies 1: not actually a TalkTalk customer 2: probably never been a TalkTalk customer and 3: jump on any thread that's asking what TalkTalk are like as a ISP , even though they don't actually know , see rule 1 .

nothing ever changes !

I have my second wind now so let the trolls bring it on. grin

I'm sure that Jack and Woweebert will keep me entertained in the coming weeks.

By the way I spoke to a lady yesterday who had a bad experience with TT. She obtained a MAC code from TT and signed up with Plusnet. Unfortunately a few days before she was to go live with Plusnet she discovered that TT had cancelled her order with Plusnet. Apparently this was because they had offered her a new deal which meant she would get free internet access. The only problem is she had not agreed to the new deal!

To cut a long story short, she was without internet for a few weeks and compensation was only forthcoming after Ofcom was involved.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 13-Oct-11 06:30:19
Print Post

[re: tgv] [link to this post]

I do believe you have just made that up , friends of friends , somebody i met down the pub . we have been here before , everything goes full circle (it would seem ) .

A bit to convenient and not actually making sense , TalKTalk offering free broadband to a customer connected to resold BT and not there LLU network ?

Anyway , i do need a holiday , so i'm taking one of my own accord and not somebody else .

With TalkTalk , not as bad as some might have you believe
Standard User tgv
(committed) Thu 13-Oct-11 08:23:20
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by woweebert:
I do believe you have just made that up , friends of friends , somebody i met down the pub . we have been here before , everything goes full circle (it would seem ) .

A bit to convenient and not actually making sense , TalKTalk offering free broadband to a customer connected to resold BT and not there LLU network ?

Anyway , i do need a holiday , so i'm taking one of my own accord and not somebody else .

Sorry to disappoint you Woweebert, but it is a true story. The person I spoke to did not give me the full technical details so I don't know what kind of connection they had, however she was clearly angry with Talk Talk. But if you don't believe me that your problem. Are you suggesting Ofcom make up false stories?
Standard User ash76
(regular) Thu 13-Oct-11 09:36:25
Print Post

Instead of using a small, self selecting, sample why not use this tool:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/compare.html

Compare your existing ISP with a couple of others you are considering.
The Compare tool uses a large 6 month sample to evaluate ISPs over
three key categories. It is easy to use but look carefully at the data as
the screen design tends to flatten out some big differences.
Standard User 4M2
(committed) Thu 13-Oct-11 12:45:15
Print Post

anything_but,

I was using my cousin's computer last night and he uses TalkTalk full LLU. He is on their cheapest deal and lives a fair distance from the exchange. I got a download speed of 6.5Mbps and pings of 30ms to bbc.co.uk at 9pm which he says is normal at peak times and adequate for his needs. Seemed very good to me - however he has had a few problems with TalkTalk in the past but they were resolved by using the forum, took a while to be fixed but he is happy with the low cost TalkTalk deal.

I wouldn't want to use Talktalk full LLU myself though because of issues with line rental that have been discussed at length in these TBB forums many times before.

4M2.
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Thu 13-Oct-11 13:38:52
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

HI All,

If any customers are experiecing specific issues we can look into this in mroe depth via the TalkTalk Members Forum. Please register and post the details of your issue and we can look into this in more depth.

Regards

Mark
TalkTalk Online Community Executive.

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User 4M2
(committed) Thu 13-Oct-11 13:56:00
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

TALKTALK_SUPPORT,

I don't need 'specific issues we can look into this in mroe depth via the TalkTalk Members Forum' - I left Tiscali, a good £15 per month ADSLmax service, just in time before they were swallowed up a couple of years ago smile

Edit: if you are OCE_Mark you did nothing to help my cousin, eventually his problem was fixed by OCE_Emma http://talktalkmembers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4...

Edited by 4M2 (Thu 13-Oct-11 14:13:23)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to