User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Thu 13-Oct-11 15:18:42
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk,what are they really like?

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Hi 4m2,

As is evident form my presence here OCE reposnsil;bities can change form day to day and although at the intiation of the thread youve linked I was responsible for that section, OCE Emma picked up this thread as responsibilities were adjusted in the three months between 8 July 2010 and 11 Oct 2010 when Emma took over the issue.

The Online Community Department work as a team not individually and I can see that the thread you have quoted has been resolved by the Online Community Deparment

Regards

Mark
TalkTalk Online Community Executive
TalkTalk Online Community Department

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."

Edited by TALKTALK_SUPPORT (Thu 13-Oct-11 15:21:26)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User 4M2
(committed) Thu 13-Oct-11 16:20:20
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

Mark,

Please review that forum thread and note in my cousin's opening post where he said "at no time was i informed that i would not be entitled to free broadband when it became available... am i being ripped off by a firm that i have always respected and have on several occasions reccomended to friends and family."

It appears that you did not investigate the situation where my cousin claims that he was mis-sold full LLU - he believed that he would not have to pay the £15 surcharge but in reality he was still paying it for many months.

Happily Emma helped him get a full refund for the £15 overpayments smile
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Thu 13-Oct-11 18:46:48
Print Post

Re: DONT EVEN CONSIDER THAT SHAMBLES !!

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Stop labelling people, it is for us to decide who is giving reasonable feedback, and those who are being overly positive or negative.

I am sure you will remember these are the same people that labelled me a TT fanboy the last time i was here.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User anything_but
(newbie) Thu 13-Oct-11 19:29:02
Print Post

[re: NilSatisOptimum] [link to this post]

Well,i seemed to have stirred up a nest here with what i thought was a innocent question smile

Most of my questions have been answered in one way or the other apart from the speed issue.
Synced at 4830 with a 5.9 sn,would going LLU see that raised? Like i said in a previous post just a few doors down are synced at 6800+ although i seem to remember they`re on a different cab do me.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Thu 13-Oct-11 19:59:22
Print Post

[re: anything_but] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by anything_but:
Synced at 4830 with a 5.9 sn,would going LLU see that raised?
But what is your attenuation? Post your router stats.

If it's about 50 dB, you'll lose about 0,5 Megs on ADSL2+ LLU. If it's not you've got a wiring problem. Either way frown.

PS: I find TT users on here the most partisan of all ISP's. Don't mind them! smile The consumer organisations & Ofcom give you the facts and remember that going Full LLU with your phone line creates difficulties when you want to switch in the future.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User Myth
(member) Fri 14-Oct-11 00:47:02
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
PS: I find TT users on here the most partisan of all ISP's.

I would say TalkTalk's service has gone through a wide swing of quality in it's short history, probably more than most other ISPs.

My parents (and therefore me as their tech) have been with TT from the inception when I recommended it (international calls was a driving force back then), and I've seen the change from 1.8mbit datastream to a very unstable 4.2mbit LLU (that had to be restricted to 2272kbps) that has gradually improved over the years. The connection to the exchange is now pretty solid at 3.9mbit.

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Fri 14-Oct-11 09:46:33
Print Post

[re: Myth] [link to this post]

HI All,

4m2 - Ive read the thread as I did at the time of my posting, the intial advice given was generic advice as is clear from the nature of my post. Subsequently upon reply further investigation was conducted and at this time that section of the forum was being managed by Emma not myself. Emma implemented the correct resolution to the issue to the satisfaction fo the OP.

Anythingbut - If you join the TalkTalk Members Forum we can look into your issue for you.

Regards

Mark
TalkTalk Online Community Executive
TalkTalk Online Community Department.

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User anything_but
(newbie) Fri 14-Oct-11 18:04:44
Print Post

Not a issue,not a member laugh

If you read my op i`m just getting all the info i can via everyone here about your service as my exchange goes live for you in january. smile
Standard User 4M2
(committed) Fri 14-Oct-11 19:36:09
Print Post

Mark,

Your "generic advice" lead to my cousin to be being given the most ridiculous and misleading information from telephone support before he returned to the forum for help - he was even sent a router (an unsuitable single ethernet port thing) despite his problem being account related and not a technical issue for him locally.

He was not told, when he agreed to a new contract, that he would be subject to the £15 surcharge and believed it to be full LLU, you did not investigate his problem but left him to the vagaries of phone support.

Edited by 4M2 (Fri 14-Oct-11 19:39:39)

Standard User supfly51
(newbie) Sat 15-Oct-11 10:23:22
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

What are talktalk really like? hmmm as a new victim i wonder if i can answer this?

See here for issue ive had, i forgot i registered here a few years back so now have signed in to access here :

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/which_isp/f/4047280...

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, ive had to sign into an independent outside forum in the vain hope of a talktalk rep seeing my issues as i cant get access to TalkTalks own forum! Unbelieveable!!!!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to