User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Sat 15-Oct-11 14:59:50
Print Post

Re: DONT EVEN CONSIDER THAT SHAMBLES !!

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
In other words, you have no dispute with my points!

I refer to my earlier post - http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/talktalk/t/4053509-...
Standard User 4M2
(committed) Sat 15-Oct-11 15:17:59
Print Post

Re: DON'T EVEN CONSIDER THAT SHAMBLES !!

XRaySpeX,

"It's not just their customers who get silent calls, but anyone who visits their website and asks for an estimate of speed with them."

I'd rather get a silent call than a sales call where "LLU subject to availability" and "limited LLU capacity at the exchange" are conveniently not mentioned because the sales person was so keen to make a sale and has not checked the exchange status!!! Only when the first bill arrived did one realise than the connection is still IP stream and subject to the £15 surcharge, also this may not even have been mentioned in the "welcome letter" that came with the router.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 15-Oct-11 18:16:45
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

Your ice is getting thinner, you can disagree with people thats fine, but doing it in the fashion you have just done is not acceptable.

Any phrases like you use are going to increase the likelihood that people will disregard what you say.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(committed) Sun 16-Oct-11 05:07:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
Talk Talk line management seems to be pretty aggressive and I think Sky is as well, but at least Sky will change it, Talk Talk when asked, don't seem to care.

TalkTalk will switch off DLM if you ask on their forums...shock horror! I had it switched off within 30 mins of asking smile

[]One doesn't need to be a TT customer to be able to read reports by respected consumer champions and to be able to fathom out the drawbacks of Full LLU.

Actually going on full LLU with Talktalk has more advantages than drawbacks.

PROS
Significantly lower cost for BOTH broadband and tel calls
One bill for both services
ISP cannot blame BT for broadband/tel service faults (unless line physically is faulty)

CONS
Not so easy to leave

In a nutshell, if you plan on changing ISPs every 2 weeks or have a gypsy lifestyle then full LLU is a definite no-no. However if you want the cheapest quality broadband with cheap UK/intl/mobile calls then going full LLU makes much more sense. In my case, i pay TalkTalk 25 notes a month for 18 meg broadband (fully unthrottled with at least 100gb data per month), unlimited UK landline/0870/0845 calls and 500 mins of landline/mobile calls per month to 100 int'l countries. Try getting all of that from BT for 25 quid a month...you're more likely to get the middle finger from them! frown

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ connected @ 18015/1019 kbps
Attenuation 27db down / 9db up
Noise Margin 2.9 db down / 12db up
Powered by Billion BiPAC 7800N
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sun 16-Oct-11 10:51:53
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
PROS
They are not down to Full LLU, but commercial competitiveness. You get most of these Pros from a Partial LLU ISP offering line rental and calls on a BTw WLR line.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User baby_frogmella
(committed) Sun 16-Oct-11 12:24:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
PROS
They are not down to Full LLU, but commercial competitiveness. You get most of these Pros from a Partial LLU ISP offering line rental and calls on a BTw WLR line.

In that case why do Talktalk/Sky/O2 charge extra for BTw based ADSL1 connections? Why do BT and other ISPs offering BTw tel lines (eg IDNet) not able to match TalkTalk's call package prices? Answer: because BT dictates the pricesfrown

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ connected @ 18015/1019 kbps
Attenuation 27db down / 9db up
Noise Margin 2.9 db down / 12db up