User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User vivaciti
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Oct-11 09:05:40
Print Post

Re: Would TalkTalk be for me?

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

We can (and do) provide SMPF on Talk Talk exchanges.
So the phone would stay with the current provider.
I don't know if Uno/Xilo or ADSL24 can offer this package or not, but we can.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User vivaciti
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Oct-11 09:07:54
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

We can offer SMPF on these exchanges, and have been for some time.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User PiKe
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-11 10:02:42
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Xilo only offered me MPF, but then the attraction of lower line rental is too good to pass up.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vivaciti
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Oct-11 10:13:42
Print Post

[re: PiKe] [link to this post]

We do also offer MPF with a FUP of 100GB for £26.40 per month, but SMPF gives people the choice if they do not want or cannot move their line rental away, and as we already do phone line services and have done for some time, its all very easy.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User 4M2
(committed) Thu 20-Oct-11 11:22:02
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

baby_frogmella,

You stated: "As for not being able to access the forums when your connection is down...ever heard of internet on smartphones? Nearly every Tom/Dick/Harry has one and even if you don't, all you have to do is pop over to your neighbours or friends."

I think most people would just pick up a landline or mobile phone and call telephone support, then whilst on the phone the broadband, internet and phone connections could be tested for faults. An ISP technician may then talk the customer through any tests and resettings that they can do with their wiring/router/computer. This I've done on several occasions with low cost ISP's: a couple of years ago I tried O2 access for a few weeks (rubbish!) and the technicians, on three occasions, accessed my pc remotely and went into the O2 router in a vain attempt to diagnose/correct very poor peak time speeds.

Can this be done via the forum in real time? I think not!
Standard User 4M2
(committed) Thu 20-Oct-11 11:40:56
Print Post

vivaciti,

But I guess the line rental would be paid to you and one would lose the benefits of, for example, a BT contract where caller display and evening/weekend calls are free?

If that is the case do you offer a deal on evening/weekend calls and caller display as part of your phone package that is comparable with BT's?
Standard User PiKe
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-11 12:06:55
Print Post

I highly recommend Voipfone btw, I use them in both a business and home environment and they're faultless.

(committed) Thu 20-Oct-11 12:27:04
Print Post

[re: PiKe] [link to this post]

PiKe,

Looks good, but I would need something like this http://www.voipfone.co.uk/shop.php?method=view&pid=12 and I sometimes make landline calls that last nearly an hour and their 0845 tariffs are not so cheap (BT free evening and weekend includes 0845, also one can be kept on hold with 0845 numbers for extended periods as you probably know.)

From £2 per month (?) looks pretty good though...
Standard User vivaciti
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Oct-11 12:58:27
Print Post

For the SMPF service then the phone would stay with BT (or whoever you have it with now)
Our Caller Display is 99p per month, and comparing our line rental with BT's and looking at our call prices of around 1p per minute then you would have to make a lot of call minutes per month for it to be cheaper.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User 4M2
(committed) Thu 20-Oct-11 13:06:02
Print Post

vivaciti,

Just been on the phone to your office and keeping the BT line rental is fine for the partial LLU service and since I'm currently using broadband there is no activation charge.

However leaving vivaciti partial LLU could be a costly problem and unlike the xilo/uno full LLU deal you would not handle the change back to adsl1 (or perhaps to another partial or full LLU supplier?) for a minimal fee.

4M2.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to