User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PiKe
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-11 14:07:00
Print Post

Re: Would TalkTalk be for me?

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

You take a 12 month contract with BT and they reconnect for free usually.

I should have maybe researched this before going full LLU but I don't expect anything better to be available to me for some years (no 21cn RFS on my exchange!)

Edited by PiKe (Thu 20-Oct-11 14:08:41)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-11 14:10:57
Print Post

@ Vivaciti: Perhaps you can answer this; Isn't the free MAC process applicable and obligatory for leaving your SMPF to BT or other Partial LLU ISP?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Thu 20-Oct-11 14:13:29
Print Post

[re: PiKe] [link to this post]

Hi All,

Just to calirfy a few points regarding the TalkTalk Members Forum.

Firstly you should be able to get the smae quality support from telephony contact. At no point do we in the Online Community Department claim anything otherwise. We act as an addition option to contact TalKTalk, not as a replacement to the tlephony support teams.

The Online Community department strive to deliver the best possible service we can and support customers through to the complete resolution of their issues. There is no reason our colleagues in telephony support should not do the same.

We do have a number of customers who use only the forum for support as they prefer this medium of contact. The use of forum (as is evident form the length of this thread) is becoming more and more prevelant and providing support via this medium is jsut a natural progression for many ISP's.

However in terms of offering the forum as a support tool we only do so to customer who we engage with via online forums and media such as facebook and twitter. By Default if these customers are posting in the Online domain its obvious that they have some form of internet access. Therefore referring to the forum is not seen as adverse as customers are able to get some from of internet access, otherwise our department would not be picking up their issue from the online domain.

We openly state on the form that we are not a real time response system. Where realtime respons eis necessary we advise to call telephony support for this very reason. However many customers choose to jsut post the details of the issue and subscribe to the thread. This way they receve an email notification when they have a reply and neednt spend time on hold... This is just a matter of preference and by giving multiple contac toptoins we are merely maximising the availability for customers to choose their prefered method.

Regards

Mark
TalkTalk Online Community Executive
TalkTalk Online Community Department

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(committed) Thu 20-Oct-11 14:16:37
Print Post

PiKe,

Sorry I think we are going around in circles with this one smile

But what if I don't want a 12 month contract with BT or pay a 60 quid fee to the Post Office for a line reconnection?

You'll be fine: I think Matt said that if you leave xilo/uno full LLU, for less than a fiver, they will reconnected you back to BT's kit smile
Standard User PiKe
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-11 14:18:43
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

MAC process or not, it's free to migrate to, or from SMPF.

(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Oct-11 14:22:48
Print Post

Move the line back to a WLR line, £5.00 + VAT

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User 4M2
(committed) Thu 20-Oct-11 14:32:10
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

vivaciti,

Sounds good but I've got an ongoing contract with BT for line rental at the moment - any chance of a reduced monthly fee for 20-25GB per month usage from your current 100GB http://www.vivaciti.net/product/1/home-internet/13/b... in the future?
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-11 14:40:00
Print Post

There are many ISPs who charge you if you don't use MAC process to leave.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User PiKe
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-11 15:04:24
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

It's not always possible, as I found out, but as long as the gaining ISP raises the correct cease type, you will not be charged.

(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-11 15:15:10
Print Post

Nowt to do with gaining ISP; it's a condition of the leaving ISP's contract, e.g. BT & Orange both charge you for leaving w/out a MAC.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to