User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PiKe
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-11 15:27:35
Print Post

Re: Would TalkTalk be for me?

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Most ISP's require notice, the MAC serves as this notice, but is not completely necessary and doesn't need to be used, with MPF migrations the MAC is useless.

Some ISP's will try to charge a cease fee, this is where the correct migration procedure from the gaining ISP is important.

(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Oct-11 15:57:03
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Yes, a mac would just be requested as normal.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-11 19:22:32
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Talk Talk basic broadband is a fiver a month, how they do it that cheap I have no idea, so you must be getting a reduction so you will stay with them. Talk Talk no doubt is hoping to get money back on phone calls

I get free calls to all 01, 02 and 03 numbers and 40Gb allowance for £3 per month, i don't care if it discounted all i care about is it works and for two years it has.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-11 19:30:21
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
Jack,

But what about the poor folks who have a basic problem and can not diagnose it themselves? They would surely turn to phone support where, I quote: "Free help - Our experts (real humans) are well-qualified and delighted to provide all the support you need." Taken from "Why choose TalkTalk?" on the TT web site. Perhaps that is a reference to the forum rather than phone support though...

As we all know forums are used to vent anger, there is no figure for people who phone support and do get help or do not get help but anyone thinking no one ever gets help (as some would suggest) needs their head read.
Standard User 4M2
(committed) Thu 20-Oct-11 19:44:20
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

Jack,

But you have used phone support zero number of times, does that = 100% success or 100% failure?

If you had called phone support about your router problem I wonder what would have happened...you were able to diagnose the problem yourself and got it sorted via the forum, others may not have realised what the problem was and would probably and naturally have gone to phone support where there is "Free help - Our experts (real humans) are well-qualified and delighted to provide all the support you need." smile
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-11 20:22:07
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
Jack,

But you have used phone support zero number of times, does that = 100% success or 100% failure?

If you had called phone support about your router problem I wonder what would have happened...

Well i might have spoken to a support worker who offered to send me a new router to try (as they do in the forum) and i would be here singing their praises. wink
Standard User 4M2
(committed) Thu 20-Oct-11 20:31:38
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

Jack,

You probably would have been OK with phone support, but as you say people who have tough time with it do shout the loudest. But what is the loudest: a scream of frustration or you singing their praises? LOL!
Standard User Myth
(member) Fri 21-Oct-11 05:15:25
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
3) Assuming you don't have any line faults or wiring issues, you will get line speeds 24/7 on their LLU service.

Do I claim my refund from you direct or from TalkTalk for not getting what you guarantee? wink

Just remember, yours is only one opinion of one brand of LLU at one exchange. Just like my opinion. And mine disagrees with yours. I don't however guarantee that someone will have issues, I'm quite happy for you and Jack. But over my many years with ISPs using various technologies and companies, I know when I'm seeing the influence of the last mile equipment and when I'm seeing the influence of the ISP. The slight intermittent issues I am seeing with this TT connection are not last mile, and therefore TT are not transparent, and therefore I feel it is right to rebutt your statement somewhat. Previous to this I have to go back to 2002-3 to a Tiscali 1mbit line to see a non-transparent ISP.

In theory, theory and practice are identical.....in practice they aren't!
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 21-Oct-11 08:22:00
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gmoorc:
In reply to a post by zyborg47:
since when? i thought all Talk Talk LLU was full LLU.

Some info in this thread.

i see, thanks for clearing that up, but I think I will stick with what I got, i don't want to give Talk Talk any of my money.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Fri 21-Oct-11 08:33:54
Print Post

[re: Myth] [link to this post]

HI Myth,

It is correct that not all issues are solely related to wiring of line faults. If there are any issues surrounding congestion etc we would need to look into this in more detail. Investigating further would allow us to establish if is this is a known issue with necessary resolutions being implemented (sometimes increased capacity can take a little time with planning and implementation) or if it is something we need to bring to the attention of the network teams so necessary action can be taken.

Please feel free to join the Members Forum where we can investigate into the issues for you and advise further.

Regards

Mark
TalkTalk Online Community Executive
TalkTalk Online Community Department

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to