User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Mon 17-Oct-11 15:47:52
Print Post

Re: Would TalkTalk be for me?

[re: PiKe] [link to this post]

hi All,

To clarify if you cancel any contractual agreements when the line is returned to BT woud be the end users reposnsbility to discuss with BT. We cannot give advice in regards to BT procedures on this matter.

Regards

Mark
TalkTalk Online Community Executive
TalkTalk Online Community Department

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 17-Oct-11 18:43:34
Print Post

Although may sound strange, you couldn't move from Talk Talk to our Talk Surf packages.

Talk Talk's systems do not allow this. You'd have to first return the line back to WLR3 and then we could take it over again, yet this process end to end could be about 4-5 weeks.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User 4M2
(committed) Mon 17-Oct-11 20:56:13
Print Post

PiKe,

Guess you could try TT LLU and then if you wish to cancel go with http://www2.postoffice.co.uk/broadband-phone/home-ph... - no minimum term:

"Install or activate a new line – depending on your situation, we may have to install a new phone line or activate an old one. The standard cost for a new line is £112.34, subject to survey. However, for all orders placed from 17 August through to 16 November, this will be reduced to only £60. Of course, if there’s an old line that’s still active, we will try to reconnect this and you might not have to pay"

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gmoorc
(member) Mon 17-Oct-11 21:11:21
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Is this also the case if transferring to one of your non full llu or BT based products?

For example is it possible to do a return to donor and a simultaneous provide order to avoid the downtime?
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 17-Oct-11 21:12:21
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

No, just the TTB MPF products.

We can do a SIM provide to everything bar Pro 24.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
Standard User gmoorc
(member) Mon 17-Oct-11 21:26:38
Print Post

Thanks Matt.

It would be interesting to hear how successful the SIM provides are from TTB MPF products as generally on these boards the advice is to avoid full LLU due to the loss of broadband for a period of time while transferring the phone line back to BT?

Maybe not such an issue after all?

Gary
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 17-Oct-11 21:28:45
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

We've done it a few times that I can recall without any problem at all.

The process for us to do this is no different for a line that has not yet been installed (i.e one that BT/other telco) have ordered but not yet activated.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 17-Oct-11 22:24:12
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
In reply to a post by PiKe:
Ok cheers, still apprehensive to go with TalkTalk because of the potential headaches.

Don't blame you frown Back in Sept 2010, I was dilly-dallying between Xilo (resold Talktalk LLU) and signing up direct with TT. I bravely chose TT and in the 2 weeks before going live I was really anxious and convinced 100% i had made the biggest balls-up in my life. Luckliy it didn't turn out that way, but i suspect plenty of people won't take the risk.

Anyway best of luck whatever you decide smile

Even if I liked Talk Talk as a company, which I don't,, I doubt very much if I would risk going with Talk Talk because of all the problems I hear about and also problems I see other people having.

Also I like to talk directly with Customer service if I have problems, not have to use a forum.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 17-Oct-11 22:30:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by uno:
Although may sound strange, you couldn't move from Talk Talk to our Talk Surf packages.

Talk Talk's systems do not allow this. You'd have to first return the line back to WLR3 and then we could take it over again, yet this process end to end could be about 4-5 weeks.

Matt

and this is why the whole broadband system in this country favours BT. It is a mess, it really is.

going from a fully LLU service to another service should be as simple as going from IP stream to IP stream. It is pathetic it really is.

Can you imagine what it would be like if we had to pay or wait for connection if you went from British Gas to Npower? there would be outrage, yet no one gives monkeys about broadband.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 17-Oct-11 22:33:24
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
going from a fully LLU service to another service should be as simple as going from IP stream to IP stream. It is pathetic it really is.

If you do a SIM provide, it is. We are talking about Talk Talk MPF to their wholesale offering on the same equipment - that is just not possible. From discussing this in more detail, they've explained it is due to there being no implementation of an authority system (i.e MACs) to complete a transfer.

The issue isn't unique to them either. C&W until a few months back, could not do C&W to C&W migrations (i.e say a user with Tesco or Virgin wanted to move to us).

Matt

-
uno Broadband

Edited by uno (Mon 17-Oct-11 22:33:56)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to