User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Jan-12 11:59:39
Print Post

Re: Has my exchange been LLU'd?

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

Interestingly - ALL of the TalkTalk dates have disappeared off of the Pembrokeshire Exchange details on samknows.com

Recently I posted RFS dates that had been published on that site for every exchange in this county except mine (the largest) and a few smaller exchanges)

Checking back after reading your post I discovered that they have all disappeared, including Johnston Tenby Saundersfoot and Haverfordwest all of which are past thier RFS dates, with another 4 due in February.

Assuming talkTalk haven't got lost on their way here we could soon be in the ludcrous situation of the Milford and Neyland areas on the 01646 code having ADSL2/2+ while the rest on Pembroke are still stuck in the slow lane - and paying a premium for it.

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed My Broadband Speed Test
Market 1 (IPSC) - a BT group investment NOT Spot
Standard User WelshWArrior
(experienced) Thu 26-Jan-12 12:34:56
Print Post

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

Warweezil

I know TalkTalk have done the Tenby exchage as a friend of mine is with them. Tenby's exchange has also gone live with ADSL2+ as of Monday this week. I've now got 14meg where I live.

Good news for the Dock exchage is that a BT Openreach engineer told me (off the record) that it should be done later this year.

If you look at this page, you'll see that several Pembrokeshire exchanges have been LLU'd by TT but the status hasn't been updated.

(experienced) Thu 26-Jan-12 14:04:33
Print Post

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

TalkTalk have removed all of their West Wales RFS dates which is annoying!

If you look at this page the Tenby exchange (mine) and possibly the Aberystwyth ones are showing as yellow - which means they're been upgraded but are awaiting Activation.

I just got ADSL2+ in Tenby yesterday and it's much better than I thought. If you don't get LLU, it's worth waiting for if your ADSL2+ date is end of April.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Jan-12 15:04:49
Print Post

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

Would you blame me for saying I will believe it when it happens... Have seen promises come to nothing too often now.

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed My Broadband Speed Test
(experienced) Thu 26-Jan-12 15:11:17
Print Post

Don't blame ya at all mate. I knw it's really frustrating and I didn't believe it myself when I found out we were gettng ADSL2+.

Just noticed that the TalkTalk LLU map i link to above now says there aren't any Activations pending! Perhaps they're going bust!!

Standard User ccxo
(member) Thu 26-Jan-12 15:12:04
Print Post

My exchange and a neighjbouring one in Berkshire have both lost their TT dates, me exhcange was due to go live last year- furthest i found out was the work was done just waiting to sign off but theres been a problem with the exchange for a while. Now the date has gone, along with another exchange that was due to be upgraded in March.

My Broadband Speed Test
(experienced) Thu 26-Jan-12 15:14:39
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Same thing in Tenby where I live - work is done but not activated.

Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Jan-12 19:43:46
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Dates have definitely been pulled from Samknows. I will be calling a couple of friends later to let them know that the February RFS date on both their (adjoining) exchanges have been pulled from the list, so they may as well stop looking at options (including resellers I have pointed them towards).

Its getting frustrating being "teased" like this, First it was BT with disappearing RFS dates that vanished just about the time that the FTTx roll out started (conspiracy theory anyone?) Then we had Sky flagging exchanges in this area as "about to be upgraded" - it was only when we looked into it we discovered that this included even a 40 residential line exchange near here that we smelled a rat, and now once again we have disappearing RFS dates this time from TalkTalk which is a complete - I cant use my usual expression to describe it - and again I'm sure no one will have the basic courtesy to tell us what is going on.

This industry really does treat its customers (and would be customers) with something like contempt.

As for BT - I expect they may get round to us after they bring forward the fabled 80 meg Fibre upgrade... or maybe it will be the step after that before they finally get us off of 8Mbps.... but I wont hold my breath

Edited by warweezil (Thu 26-Jan-12 19:46:28)

(experienced) Fri 27-Jan-12 10:00:42
Print Post

Talking to Openreach Engineers again just now and they know nothing about the Fibre Link you speak of. Also they did say again that Pembroke Dock Exchange WILL get ADSL2+ later in the year (all off the record of course wink )

Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 27-Jan-12 14:34:22
Print Post

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

The reference to fibre upgrade was an item I saw somewhere about BT trialling 80 megs in some infinity areas later this year - the inference being that on sub 8 megs - we will be EVEN FURTHER behind later this year if that comes to fruition.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to