User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User huwwatkins
(member) Fri 27-Jan-12 15:47:26
Print Post

Re: Has my exchange been LLU'd?

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

I often wonder if companies like TT and C&W (who also posted then removed an LLU date for my exchange) stick these RFS dates up then actually look at the logistics of the individual locations and realise that there isn't enough back haul capacity to make it work.
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 27-Jan-12 15:56:38
Print Post

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

I wish I knew... then I would know not to take them seriously.

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed My Broadband Speed Test
Market 1 (IPSC) - a BT group investment NOT Spot
Standard User huwwatkins
(member) Fri 27-Jan-12 16:17:11
Print Post

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

BT are supposed to be installing ADSL2+ by the end of march - but I've been here before with BT in 2010. You would thing they would be installing spare back haul capacity that could then be rented by the likes of TT to use.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WelshWArrior
(experienced) Fri 27-Jan-12 17:51:13
Print Post

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

Same here in tenby but as per my sig at the bottom, you can see it's actually happened this time so there's no reason not to believe it'll happen for you in March Huw and you Warweezil later in the year as I told you I've been told by Openreach.

Ours was actually finished 2 weeks early aswell so you may get it even sooner wink

plusnet My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 30-Jan-12 20:56:32
Print Post

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

Well I'm still not optimistic. the only RFS dates I can find for WBC are for Haverfordwest (31/03), Milford Haven 31/08 and of course Saundersfoot 31/05, so it looks like they have mapped out the upgrades as far as the end of summer.

Maybe you can see why I am not optimistic. All the smaller exchanges, and of course one that already has LLU have dates.

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed My Broadband Speed Test
Market 1 (IPSC) - a BT group investment NOT Spot
Targeted for avoidance by TalkTalk
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to