User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 03-Dec-11 14:03:28
Print Post

Re: What decides which exchange to unbundle?

[re: Myth] [link to this post]

He probably replied in flat mode to the last post in the list. A lot of web forums work like that.

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User Myth
(member) Sat 03-Dec-11 14:09:03
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I almost said that also, as I prefer flat mode but have realised I need to click reply on the correct earlier post after I finish reading the thread.

In theory, theory and practice are identical.....in practice they aren't!
Standard User huwwatkins
(member) Sat 03-Dec-11 14:10:56
Print Post

[re: Myth] [link to this post]

Yup - flat mode, dont like the other mode tongue Not used to replying to individual posts laugh

Edited by huwwatkins (Sat 03-Dec-11 14:12:50)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WelshWArrior
(experienced) Wed 14-Dec-11 11:48:57
Print Post

[re: Deadbeat] [link to this post]

Deadbeat:

I live in Tenby and couldn't believe it myself. I recently asked a BT engineer friend who said there's alot more than that but doesn't know why that lst doesn't show it. May explain why we're due to have 21CN WBC by end of Jan.
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Dec-11 15:14:18
Print Post

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

Same here.. BT engineer I talked to said that the figures for Pembroke exchange were well short of the reality.At least you have some hope. We have nothing here, and talktalk don't seem keen on communicating with potential customers about the likely time frame from "targeted" to actually setting a date for RFS... So I guess thats not a good omen... it certainly doesn't show their CS reps in a good light, I have tried emailing, asking here and Twitter... Nothing.... Not even a "sorry we dont yet have that Information."

Its a joke.... we seem to be in the middle... Too small for early LLU... and now too big for this phase... while Cornwall gets covered with Fibre.. we are still stuck in an adsl timewarp.

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed My Broadband Speed Test
Market 1 (IPSC) - a BT group investment NOT Spot
(experienced) Wed 14-Dec-11 15:20:07
Print Post

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

Yeah no good is it? Even though our LLU date has passed, we're still awaiting activation according to the map on this page.

Same BT Engineer said we'll be getting Fibre before we think but I'll take that with a pinch of salt wink
Standard User vodoun
(regular) Wed 14-Dec-11 15:27:40
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
He probably replied in flat mode to the last post in the list. A lot of web forums work like that.

Thinkbroadband needs to get with the times on forums. Browsing this site feels like the late 90's. Sometimes I feel like I'm browsing a newsgroup.

--------
Too much knowledge is dangerous!

Edited by vodoun (Wed 14-Dec-11 15:28:18)

Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Dec-11 15:36:10
Print Post

Getting Fibre? Only if its in your breakfast cereal laugh

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed My Broadband Speed Test
Market 1 (IPSC) - a BT group investment NOT Spot
(experienced) Wed 14-Dec-11 15:41:02
Print Post

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

Yeah that's what I reckon too wink
(experienced) Wed 14-Dec-11 15:42:46
Print Post

What annoys me though is that there's already fibre in our exchange and your too. The County Council have it installed there for all the School/Libraries. We have 2 10meg Fibre lines coming into Greenhill School.

Surely having fibre already in the exchange should bring down costs for BT?
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to