User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User huwwatkins
(member) Mon 05-Mar-12 16:44:31
Print Post

Re: What decides which exchange to unbundle?

[re: NilSatisOptimum] [link to this post]

Yup it does! Surprised they finally managed it.
Standard User ntm1275
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-12 18:08:45
Print Post

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

Spoke to Talk Talk Business 30 minutes ago about the Neyland exchange being unbundled, and they confirmed it was, so I have signed up for the up to 24meg package

freedom2surf Pro 8128 Wires Only
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Mar-12 19:35:04
Print Post

[re: ntm1275] [link to this post]

Just passed that on to a happy man in Neyland who will be calling talk talk later today

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
Market 1 (IPSC) - a BT group investment NOT Spot
VP status Yellow - About time BTw rewarded us for our over priced 8 meg crawl with some investment!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User andrewdb
(committed) Mon 05-Mar-12 19:51:51
Print Post

TalkTalk Business is a 24month contract.
I went with Vivaciti Variety LLU package (Uses TalkTalk LLU equipment) with 1 month contract. It's no longer 100GB FUP but 300GB not that most are likely to come anywhere near close. Plus you can keep your line as a BT Wholesale one elsewhere (Post Office 1 month contract for me). Decemt support too.
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Mar-12 20:19:47
Print Post

[re: andrewdb] [link to this post]

For me on Pembroke exchnage it seems that upto 8 meg is still the order of the day, The TT checker doesnt offer me anything faster, so I guess when sales call me later we will have another of those circular conversations with me telling them there is no way i will comiit to a long contract just to stay on 8 meg - while the sales droid tries to sell me on "you will save so much money with our bundle".

*sigh*

VP status Yellow - About time BTw rewarded us for our over priced 8 meg crawl with some investment!
Standard User dave76
(newbie) Wed 07-Mar-12 22:57:25
Print Post

Doesn't look like Pembroke will be getting 21cn anytime soon either - Milford Haven and Saundersfoot have been put back to Jan 2013 in the latest update from BT for ADSL2+.
No mention of Pembroke at all!
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 08-Mar-12 19:23:07
Print Post

[re: dave76] [link to this post]

Someone recently suggested that the Yellow VP's here that need attention but as yet have no fix date are being left due to an imminent unbundling. Well we have no date for WBC and no suggestion that any LLU is likely to hit town soon apart from some vague mention in the past of being "targetted" by TalkTalk, but that far all it is is talk...

Its bad enough having to suffer the IPSC price rip off, but 8 megs or anything near it is pretty much impossible for m,e and many of my neighbours most eveniings and for large chunks of the day too so as well as being fleeced for being on old tech equipment, BTw rob us of what little speed we have by failing to provide an acceptable level of service due to exchnage congestion of which they are well aware.

Of Course the regulator is as ever useless in this matter, and should be replaced by somthing with real teeth.

Standard User huwwatkins
(member) Fri 09-Mar-12 01:31:21
Print Post

I just put a pembroke number (royal oak pub) in to the vivcity number checker and it gave me LLU option.
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 09-Mar-12 20:06:29
Print Post

[re: dave76] [link to this post]

Well BTw can poke it.... I have just ordered LLU through Vivaciti which is newly available on my exchnage. It seems it was a well kept secret... altho Vivaciti tell me they are getting a lot of sign ups from here.

Happy bunny!

Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 09-Mar-12 20:15:34
Print Post

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

Thank you Thank you Thank yoiu........ Order placed migration expected 20th March... Enta Billing cycle ends 20th... happy timing!

Had a couple of chats with Vivaciti, seems word is getting out as they have had a number of calls from people on my exchnage.

Tonight I am a happy bunny!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to