User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ian007jen
(member) Fri 09-Mar-12 21:05:20
Print Post

Re: What decides which exchange to unbundle?

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

Time to change your sig.

Good luck, i think i will have a long wait here http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/SWRSO

IAn
Standard User huwwatkins
(member) Fri 09-Mar-12 21:15:03
Print Post

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

Same thing happening with the Aberytwyth exchange, no annoucements just the option popping up on the checker.
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 09-Mar-12 22:18:05
Print Post

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

I recently had a conversation with someone at the Welsh Assembly who was talking about grants being available for areas with low speeds, May be worth you putting in a call... I just asked to speak to someone regarding the lack of investment in fast services in my area.

The sig... well that will change when my connection goes over.

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
Market 1 (IPSC) - a BT group investment NOT Spot
VP status Yellow - About time BTw rewarded us for our over priced 8 meg crawl with some investment!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fpcat
(newbie) Sat 10-Mar-12 19:21:32
Print Post

[re: dave76] [link to this post]

We received a letter this morning from TT informing us that from 20 March 2012 we would be connected to TT Next Generation Network. "New equipment installed at exchange means service will be running on very latest technology, bringing us faster broadband speeds and better package prices." This is the Pembroke exchange.
The letter asks us to refer to an enclosed leaflet for help if we have any problems, otherwise call them on their 0871 number, but no leaflet enclosed! Typical, I'll wait to see how it pans out re. speed and costs, before I renew my contract in May.

Edited by fpcat (Sat 10-Mar-12 19:22:57)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 10-Mar-12 20:03:00
Print Post

[re: fpcat] [link to this post]

If you are on IPstream now and wait until they move you to full LLU, then you will find it costs more to move to another provider, and can result in a couple of weeks without internet.

If not sure about the benefits then moving now might be better.

TalkTalk speeds in terms of connection are fairly predictable based on attenuation, and their LLU network generally has better peak time performance than what they offer on IPStream

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 10-Mar-12 20:52:43
Print Post

[re: dave76] [link to this post]

You may have seen posts elsewhere in this thread that Pembroke now has LLU I signed up with Vivaciti yesterday and am looking forward to escaping BTws clutches including the congested crawl on upto 8 megs.

Seems Neyland also has LLU availlability too.

Things are looking up in this area at last!

VP status Yellow - About time BTw rewarded us for our over priced 8 meg crawl with some investment!
Standard User mrdaveyk
(newbie) Wed 14-Mar-12 19:43:12
Print Post

Recently come across this thread and have been trying to follow it with interest regarding Pembroke and Pembroke dock speed upgrades

excuse the ignorance but hopefully you can give me a quick answer, is there any proposed dates to speed upgrades, apparently the hardware is in place its just waiting to be placed on-line?

I'm not completely clued up the acronyms hence why i cant find my answers by reading through
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 15-Mar-12 11:10:55
Print Post

[re: mrdaveyk] [link to this post]

No problem. I am in Pembroke - Close to Bush Hill so 3 km physical line length from the exchange at Waterloo Roundabout In Pembroke Dock.

My line moves to Vivaciti Surfwise LLU on 20th. It seems a well kept secret at this stage, even very recently TalkTalks own Customer services couldnt give me a date for LLU at Pembroke. I got a tip here from someone who had looked it up for me when his exchange suddenly had availability and he tipped me off that I could get upto 24meg through Vivaciti.

I called them and they confirmed it. I have heard reports that Talktalk are writing to customers now about an upgrade but have no first hand knowledge of that, To be honest after dealing with Talktalk sales team I think Vivaciti is my best option, even if it costs more, Regardless of whose network this is on Vivaciti will be running the connection, support and billing, which has to be a good thing, having experienced a complete lack of response from my Enta reseller recently. Like my current ISP, this is a monthly contract - no long tie in. I always believe that if an ISP is any good they wont need to shackle you with a long contract... you will stay because the service suits you.

For the same as I now pay an Enta reseller, I will have better speed.

Hope this is useful. PM me if you think I can help you with anything else.... or watch THIS THREAD in the resellers forum which is about the experience of migrating to Surfwise.

BT seem to have lost interest in Pembroke so as no speed increase is on the cards from them, so the only way to go faster will be through the limited LLU at Pembroke now.

VP status Red
Leaving the BTw 8 meg crawl behind thanks to Vivaciti LLU from 20th March

Edited by warweezil (Thu 15-Mar-12 11:12:33)

Standard User mrdaveyk
(newbie) Thu 15-Mar-12 23:03:33
Print Post

Having checked vivaciti it looks pretty promising.

However this is where im failing to follow

After checking this website http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/SWPM the exchange at waterloo is owned by BT and supports only ADSL. Changing to Vivaiciti on a LLU contract wont benefit you if the exchange doesn't physically support it?

I'm sitting here scratching the nogging, surely i've missed something in the last few posts......
Standard User ian007jen
(member) Thu 15-Mar-12 23:41:49
Print Post

[re: mrdaveyk] [link to this post]

Hi

Yes previous posts do not clarify anything, so in simple terms;

Talk talk have installed their own kit in the Pembroke BT exchange (called LLU)

SamKnows website has not been updated yet to show this.

You can migrate from your current connection to Talk Talk.

Vivaciti re-sell bt connections and talk talk connections, this is good as support from them is excellent, or you could use many other re-sellers, sign up for talk talk business (good support), or go directly with talk talk if you do not require (UK) support.

Hope that helps

Ian
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to