User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 30-Nov-11 20:28:08
Print Post

What decides which exchange to unbundle?

[link to this post]

Been looking at Sam Know for my county (Pembrokeshire) and it seems TalkTalk are unbundling every exchange over a couple of thousand lines - except mine - which is the largest in the county, even one at 3,780 lines which already has Sky LLU (so slim pickings for another LLU operator)

What I'm trying to work out is why SWPM doesnt seem to get a look in?

I tried emailing TalkTalk a while back, but while up till last year they were happy to button-hole me a few times a week in the Supermarkets to try to persuade me to sign up - now they seem to have lost the will to communicate. Someone at TalkTalk must know why we are being left out here.

I'm not interested in signing up for promises of Jam Tomorrow, I nearly fell for the Sky con last year when the line checker on the Sky site claimed that every single exchange in this county was "about to be unbundled". I wont move any service to a company until they show me that they are bringing something better to what will soon be a lone large Market One exchange in the county.

So how about it TalkTalk reps? Can you tell me what is so wrong with SWPM that we dont figure in the LLU roll out thats happening in most other exchanges around here??

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed My Broadband Speed Test
Market 1 (IPSC) - a BT group investment NOT Spot
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 01-Dec-11 08:41:28
Print Post

Re: What decides which exchange to unbundle?

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

Looking at a map once I figured out it is Pembroke, lots of other exchanges in the area with no LLU, so perhaps it is case of being the end of the line, and might make it eventually

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(member) Thu 01-Dec-11 10:01:31
Print Post

I doubt very much you will get the answer you are looking for from any ISP until it happens. Although from my experience on WNNN, there was TT sales pitched up at a supermarket, Sky man in the precinct, in the summer of 2010, TT had RFS date come and go for 3years prior. Then in Late August 2010 TT went live, Sky a week or so later, the only conclusion that I could draw and make sense of, TT had massed enough customers to LLU and Sky also, trying to get answer before hand of exact date was impossible, to the point it was more unlikely!

However 21cn is another matter.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 01-Dec-11 13:40:03
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thats the thing..
Milford Haven 6,627 lines TT RFS 27/02/12
Neyland 2,574 lines TT RFS 27/02/12
Johnston 1,787 lines TT RFS 30/11/11
Haverfordwest 6,992 lines TT RFS 12/01/12
BT WBC RFS 31/01/12
Fishguard 2,944 lines TT RFS 27/02/12
Narberth 1,844 lines TT RFS 27/02/12
Saundersfoot 3,780 lines TT RFS 20/12/11 (sky unbundled this earlier this year - first llu in the county)
Tenby 3,240 lines TT RFS 22/11/11
BT WBC RFS 31/1/12
Pembroke 7,997 lines........................................ Nothing and no prospect.

Neyland and Milford are probably further west than Pembroke

Pembroke is twice the size of Saundersfoot, which serves a large rural area of small villages where as Pembroke serves 2 towns that sit either side of the hill... one the Historic settlement town.. the other.. a Victorian Dockyard town, so Im In the Historic town but still under 3 km from the exchange which was sited to be able to serve both towns in the early 60's when they took out Pembroke's own exchange

For years people on TBB have been telling me "your exchange is too small to be interesting to ISPs.. well that has been shot down in flames now... it seems size doesn't decide this, especially as several of the "to be unbundled" areas are touristy places that have a fair number of holiday homes and tourist lets..... so what is wrong with Pembroke which has a large resident population and business parks etc?

It makes no sense.. we pay too much for what we get bue to BTw's pricing, please don't hold up that OFCOM forced a cut in the price of 20cn.. whoop de do!!!! We saw NOTHING out of that... I know of No one here that has seen a price drop... or an increase in data allowance.. and speeds are no better.. if anything browsing is slower in the evening now.

As ever.. it makes no sense. some areas are spoon fed while the rest of us are left behind paying what seems over the odds for a 2nd rate service.

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed My Broadband Speed Test
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 01-Dec-11 14:31:45
Print Post

TalkTalk with 89% UK coverage is slowly adding more exchanges, but at the rate they are doing there are going to be ones who miss out, but it may be you are due in another list that is yet to be announced.

TalkTalk may also be looking at the number of existing customers they have on each exchange, combined with costs from BT which can vary from exchange to exchange, e.g. the need for extra building work to accomodate the LLU kit

It is guesswork, really as TalkTalk will not say about specific rules, as it would allow a competitor to figure it out.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-Dec-11 00:17:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by warweezil:
Saundersfoot 3,780 lines
Tenby 3,240 lines

That surprises me. I'd have thought that Tenby serviced far more lines than Saundersfoot.
Standard User huwwatkins
(member) Fri 02-Dec-11 10:22:03
Print Post

[re: Deadbeat] [link to this post]

Take the RFS takes with a huge pinch of salt. Just up the coast here in Ceredigion both the Cardigan and Aberystwyth dates have been and gone with no sign of an LLU service.
Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Fri 02-Dec-11 13:54:33
Print Post

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

I think you replied to the wrong post. However, it's correct what you say about RFS's. a tiny exchange near me has just been unbundled by Sky and TT withouit any notice whatsoever whilst other much larger exchange dates have have passed by years.
Standard User huwwatkins
(member) Fri 02-Dec-11 17:53:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by Deadbeat:
I think you replied to the wrong post. However, it's correct what you say about RFS's. a tiny exchange near me has just been unbundled by Sky and TT withouit any notice whatsoever whilst other much larger exchange dates have have passed by years.

No - I was referring to the RFS dates in the previous posts.
Standard User Myth
(member) Sat 03-Dec-11 13:59:38
Print Post

but you replied to deadbeat's post, which is why he said the wrong post (not the wrong thread smile)

In theory, theory and practice are identical.....in practice they aren't!
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 03-Dec-11 14:03:28
Print Post

[re: Myth] [link to this post]

He probably replied in flat mode to the last post in the list. A lot of web forums work like that.

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User Myth
(member) Sat 03-Dec-11 14:09:03
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I almost said that also, as I prefer flat mode but have realised I need to click reply on the correct earlier post after I finish reading the thread.

In theory, theory and practice are identical.....in practice they aren't!
Standard User huwwatkins
(member) Sat 03-Dec-11 14:10:56
Print Post

[re: Myth] [link to this post]

Yup - flat mode, dont like the other mode tongue Not used to replying to individual posts laugh

Edited by huwwatkins (Sat 03-Dec-11 14:12:50)

Standard User WelshWArrior
(experienced) Wed 14-Dec-11 11:48:57
Print Post

Deadbeat:

I live in Tenby and couldn't believe it myself. I recently asked a BT engineer friend who said there's alot more than that but doesn't know why that lst doesn't show it. May explain why we're due to have 21CN WBC by end of Jan.
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Dec-11 15:14:18
Print Post

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

Same here.. BT engineer I talked to said that the figures for Pembroke exchange were well short of the reality.At least you have some hope. We have nothing here, and talktalk don't seem keen on communicating with potential customers about the likely time frame from "targeted" to actually setting a date for RFS... So I guess thats not a good omen... it certainly doesn't show their CS reps in a good light, I have tried emailing, asking here and Twitter... Nothing.... Not even a "sorry we dont yet have that Information."

Its a joke.... we seem to be in the middle... Too small for early LLU... and now too big for this phase... while Cornwall gets covered with Fibre.. we are still stuck in an adsl timewarp.

(experienced) Wed 14-Dec-11 15:20:07
Print Post

Yeah no good is it? Even though our LLU date has passed, we're still awaiting activation according to the map on this page.

Same BT Engineer said we'll be getting Fibre before we think but I'll take that with a pinch of salt wink
Standard User vodoun
(regular) Wed 14-Dec-11 15:27:40
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
He probably replied in flat mode to the last post in the list. A lot of web forums work like that.

Thinkbroadband needs to get with the times on forums. Browsing this site feels like the late 90's. Sometimes I feel like I'm browsing a newsgroup.

--------
Too much knowledge is dangerous!

Edited by vodoun (Wed 14-Dec-11 15:28:18)

Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Dec-11 15:36:10
Print Post

Getting Fibre? Only if its in your breakfast cereal laugh

(experienced) Wed 14-Dec-11 15:41:02
Print Post

Yeah that's what I reckon too wink
(experienced) Wed 14-Dec-11 15:42:46
Print Post

What annoys me though is that there's already fibre in our exchange and your too. The County Council have it installed there for all the School/Libraries. We have 2 10meg Fibre lines coming into Greenhill School.

Surely having fibre already in the exchange should bring down costs for BT?
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Dec-11 18:36:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by WelshWArrior:
What annoys me though is that there's already fibre in our exchange and your too. The County Council have it installed there for all the School/Libraries. We have 2 10meg Fibre lines coming into Greenhill School.

Surely having fibre already in the exchange should bring down costs for BT?
Ah I think you are referring to services operated by "Updata" for the County Council offices and the Schools. I'm quite curious about the DWP call centre at Pembroke Dock, I guess they must have a decent service there too, not to mention Friday-Ad - Im not sure if the other call centre in the old Dockyard is still open. Then theres the "Technium" at the Cleddau Bridge Business Park, I seem to recall them boasting "state of the art communications" for that when it was opened. so I shouldn't think that place is hanging off of some creaking old up-to 8 meg copper line, but like most things in Pembrokeshire - Pembroke Dock is the poor relation.

As I said... it would be nice of TalkTalk to at least tell us why we have been bypassed, in what is pretty much a county wide roll out that isnt too much to ask surely? I notice this thread have been ignored by the TT reps, who have answered other threads recently - so it isn't because they are not here...

Go Figure!

Standard User techwest
(newbie) Thu 15-Dec-11 00:09:36
Print Post

The situation really is pretty dire for you in Pembroke and Pembroke Dock. It doesn't make any sense at all, particularly looking at TalkTalk's rollout: why the hell would TalkTalk (or any company, for that matter), choose to unbundle 10 or so tiny exchanges such as Johnston and Narberth - both small villages in the rural Pembrokeshire countryside with less than 2000 premisis per exchange - as opposed to the Pembroke exchange, covering 2 large towns with 10000 premisis or more?

Just look at the pictures - this is Johnston exchange, which had TalkTalk LLU installed in November (according to SamKnows): http://i40.tinypic.com/11v06zb.png - it's literally just a garden shed.

Then look at Pembroke - no LLU, no WBC ADSL2+, no FTTC (as if that needed to be said!) and no prospect of any change in the coming months - not even a sniff of an RFS date. Yet this is a ginormous exchange in comparison to Johnston: http://i41.tinypic.com/11rvkp5.png - and the picture doesn't even convey it's size very well; it extends quite a way to the rear (pictures from Google Street View).

I believe Pembroke actually had an RFS date for BT's WBC ADSL2+ product several years back (2008 maybe?) but that disappeared and still hasn't reappeared, which is yet another bizarre "development".

Even worse is that earlier this year, as you've mentioned, Sky suddenly and totally unexpectedly unbundled Saundersfoot's exchange - another small village exchange with only around 3000 lines - and that's the only exchange in the entire county they've touched! Tenby, with around 5000 lines (ignore the SamKnows figures), is literally just a mile or two down the road and is a far larger town with many more homes and businesses, yet Sky ignore it. The same goes for Haverfordwest, Milford Haven and Pembroke (again) - all large towns with around 10000 lines, but no sign of Sky in any of them. I actually got in contact with Sky's Chief Executive regarding their decision to only unbundle Saundersfoot - all they could tell me was that Saundersfoot represented the best investment for them (how?!), and that there were no plans to enable any further Pembrokeshire exchanges for at least another year.

At least now with TalkTalk's LLU offering it appears that some of the county's exchanges will finally have a choice of something greater than "up to 8Mbps", even though a choice between TalkTalk and an ageing BT product is obviously still a pretty dire choice to have. But unfortunately even TalkTalk don't seem that bothered - Tenby's TalkTalk RFS date was nearly a month ago but it still isn't enabled, and it's the same in other places in the county where TalkTalk's RFS date has come and gone.

At least Haverfordwest and Tenby do have WBC ADSL2+ to look forward to in January, although the date could slip. It also appears that in the last few days Milford Haven and Saundersfoot have been given WBC RFS dates towards the middle of 2012, which again is better than nothing, but still no sign of anything for Pembroke. I do have it on good authority from a contact very high up in BT (as in, one of the highest!) that BT are pushing for funding to roll out fibre to the vast majority of Wales by 2015 at the latest, similar to what is being done in Cornwall with the whole county getting FTTC or FTTP. However whether or not any funding gets secured remains to be seen, so that plan could possibly end up dead and buried before it even gets off the ground. Unfortunately the fibre in the schools is completely unrelated to the commercial public rollout of fibre and uses totally different systems (leased lines direct to the school rather than the public telephone network) so that won't make the rollout happen any faster i'm afraid.

But hey, here's hoping we see some change soon. It's about damn time!

Apologies for the lengthy post.
(experienced) Thu 15-Dec-11 08:23:33
Print Post

[re: techwest] [link to this post]

TechWest

Good info there fella. I can confirm that the Schools do use the local exchanges for their Internet. The company that provide the Fibre have their own kit installed as you can see by the diagram and case study on their site

I work in one of them and BT are here quite often when there is a problem to check the kit in our POP room and also back at the exchange. I can also confim that we have fibre direct from the exchange.
Standard User Bob_s2
(member) Thu 15-Dec-11 09:30:32
Print Post

They will make a commercial decision as to whether it will be viable to unbundle an exchange. Factors they will consider are the number of lines on an exchange, the number of users they have on that exchange. The overall take up of Broadband on that exchange and the number of users they may gain if it is unbundled
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 15-Dec-11 16:15:31
Print Post

[re: Bob_s2] [link to this post]

There seems to be more to it than that... a largest exchange in the county here.. a town where TT have been actively selling services for a long time via supermarket stands etc... so they must have a lot of people on those costly BTw arrangements.. make a lot of sense to move them on network and maybe mount another push as the only company that offer the possibility of above 8 meg,

Something doesnt add up.

Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 15-Dec-11 17:04:00
Print Post

[re: techwest] [link to this post]

Why would you need to apologise for such a comprehensive post? Thanks for both backing up some of my points - and for bringing some clarity to others. Its strange that Google street view can place our exchange so accurately when Google maps cant - maybe thats why it isn't getting unbundled.. talktalk have looked at the wrong end of the miss-named area. laugh (according to Google maps the exchange is about 2/3rds of a mile west of its actual location)

I am very familiar with the shed at Johnston, and its younger brother at Neyland, I'm wondering Who lives in Saundersfoot lol ..... someone there seems to have some pull, and we all know how things often work in this corner of Wales... I spoke to a guy at Cardiff Bay who rambled on about them talking to people about how to move forward... so I'm guessing talks about talks, Carmarthen has an entry on the WBC list - about the same size as Pembroke and also has 2 LLU operators already in place. I'm dubious about fibre reaching here anytime soon... I guess it will go to the north Wales urban locations first.. the the uni towns like Carmarthen and Aberystwyth, we will be a long way down the list - as usual.

Given the plague of Talktalk reps haunting our local supermarkets last year - and the number of Tiscali/AOL refugees in the area (I know several - a fact I am not proud of lol ) there must be a financial incentive to get them off the BT infrastructure and onto the TT network. Also there is the point of being able to say we are the only "above 8 meg" game in town", the list I have seen for BT WBC shows up to mid 2012 and Id guess we wont see any moves at Pembroke till after that, so we will have the situation where part of the 01646 area is on WBC.. and the rest isn't, that might confuse some people. Im not even sure about the health of my Exchnage now as evening speeds are down.... and my ISP isnt showing contention on my IPSC bodge... sorry I mean node... maybe my data is running out of steam by the time it reaches the Birmiingham bodge.... sorry I meant IPSC Node

The silence from the Talktalk reps has decided me that if there ever get here (and arrive before WBC or another LLU Operator) there is no way I would buy from them direct, The communication with them doesn't seem to be any good. I think I would stick with the plan of keeping my voice line Post Office (the US and mobile weekend calls are useful) and buy Talktalk broadband service via a reseller.

Amusingly I can no longer access the page on the Talktalk site that listed Pembroke as "targeted". I think "noted for avoidance" may be closer to the truth. Having put all that effort iinto selling to people locally, it makes no sense to leave Pembroke out, especially when BTw have shown no signs of reinstating out WBC RFS. Someone must know why... its a shame they wont share the knowledge with us, I guess i will have to advise friends locally that there is no point in hanging on with TT when their contracts expire.

No apologies for the long post laugh

(experienced) Fri 16-Dec-11 10:36:47
Print Post

Hi mate

Had reply from TT about the LLU situation in both Tenby and Dock - made no sense at all and was trying to get me to ring them to sign up! My internet during evening is also rubbish with the BT Speedtester telling me to ring my ISP! But that's down to VP being at Amber and contention according to Engineer yesterday as you can see here. Your exchange looks ok though - see..

Mine has been either Amber or Red since early 2010 - maybe that's one of the reasons we have 21CN RFS date in Jan? Size wise, our exchanges are pretty much equal so doubt it's anything to do with size. Your is wider and mine is longer with 3 stories.
Standard User sirbenfro
(newbie) Sat 14-Jan-12 12:20:28
Print Post

Just joined looking for some info re my pathetic speeds. I'm in Pembroke and evenings I'm getting something like .5-.6mbps, it's impossible even to watch a youtube video. I e-mailed TT, thinking I'd hear nothing, but they did phone me yesterday, and proudly told me they had unbundled 95%, but Pembroke wasn't one of them! I asked what sort of time scale I could expect before they got around to us, and of course, no idea. "The best thing you can do is check every quarter". If someone could offer me some reasonable speeds at twice what I'm paying now, I'd rip their hand off!
(member) Sat 14-Jan-12 13:24:26
Print Post

[re: sirbenfro] [link to this post]

Hi,

Memebrs would need some info, in particular your router stats, such as attenuation.

I'm alright Jack....
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 14-Jan-12 15:08:37
Print Post

Must be on the fringes of Pembroke with those speeds, I'm not far from Bush Hill, but even with the speedtest result in my sig I often have issues with youtube and other video streaming, I keep checking but according to the plus net checker the exchange doesn't have contention issues. The last time I saw speeds like that from Pembroke exch was a friend on AOL who lived at the top of Grove Hill.

Talktalk also called me after a speedtest, and kept banging on about the cost saving, couldnt answer my question about when SWPM will be unbundled. I told the guy I wont sign on the promise of "eventually" at the moment im in a 30 day contract so if another option opened up here I can move to it with minimal fuss and no way will I lock myself into a long term contract on upto 8Mbps. He seemed to be having problems understanding that lol

Its a shame that Talktalk as a company are not as keen to talk to potential customers as they are to sign us up to long term contracts on the same (or worse) slow service as we get now, I just hope they got the hint and don't phone again. I have raised the issue that they claim to deliver 24Mbps "to my exchange"... Really? On an exchange not yet on WBC or LLU? !

I'm wondering what the issue with Pembroke is, no Talktalk, no WBC and no one is saying why, yet a tiny place like Saundersfoot gets 2 LLU operators and WBC

It makes no sense

Edited by warweezil (Sat 14-Jan-12 15:14:02)

Standard User sirbenfro
(newbie) Sat 14-Jan-12 17:46:39
Print Post

Must be on the fringes of Pembroke with those speeds, I'm not far from Bush Hill, but even with the speedtest result in my sig I often have issues with youtube and other video streaming, I keep checking but according to the plus net checker the exchange doesn't have contention issues. The last time I saw speeds like that from Pembroke exch was a friend on AOL who lived at the top of Grove Hill.

Talktalk also called me after a speedtest, and kept banging on about the cost saving, couldnt answer my question about when SWPM will be unbundled. I told the guy I wont sign on the promise of "eventually" at the moment im in a 30 day contract so if another option opened up here I can move to it with minimal fuss and no way will I lock myself into a long term contract on upto 8Mbps. He seemed to be having problems understanding that lol

Its a shame that Talktalk as a company are not as keen to talk to potential customers as they are to sign us up to long term contracts on the same (or worse) slow service as we get now, I just hope they got the hint and don't phone again. I have raised the issue that they claim to deliver 24Mbps "to my exchange"... Really? On an exchange not yet on WBC or LLU? !

I'm wondering what the issue with Pembroke is, no Talktalk, no WBC and no one is saying why, yet a tiny place like Saundersfoot gets 2 LLU operators and WBC

It makes no sense

Thanks
I'm at the bottom of Bush Hill. I'm no expert on this subject (read numpty!) but my router is plugged into the main BT socket and I did the tests with my laptop connected by ethernet cable. At nights I might get 1mbps at times, but as I say, other times, around .6, although it's a bit better during the day. I bought this recently (before I actually found out my speed was so dire) to try and boost my signal upstairs, but of course I'm trying to boost something that isn't there! ;-(
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 14-Jan-12 18:50:50
Print Post

If you are at the bottom of Bush Hill something is wrong, as you are within a quarter of a mile of me, as I am actually close to the railway bridge at Golden Lane - so in terms of physical cable length I am likely to be further from the exchange than you, although you may well be connected to the same cabinet as me.

Numpty? no you are just innocent of the ways that adsl tech has to torture us. I guess the basic question is have you tried the router directly into the Test socket - assuming you have an NTE5 which is the type where the bottom half of the faceplate can be unscrewed. The test socket is the one hidden behind the bottom half of the faceplate. Testing with Ethernet is the right thing to do.

It may be more appropriate to move the discussion about you line speed away from the Talktalk thread, I'm no expert, but I'm happy to help another reject on the Pembroke exchange to screw as much as possible out of our old tech service.

Drop me a PM if you like and we can discuss what is possible, You may find some help in the useful resource Here it is operated by one of the regular contributors to the forum.

Edited by warweezil (Sat 14-Jan-12 18:56:05)

Standard User sirbenfro
(newbie) Sat 14-Jan-12 21:25:17
Print Post

If you are at the bottom of Bush Hill something is wrong, as you are within a quarter of a mile of me, as I am actually close to the railway bridge at Golden Lane - so in terms of physical cable length I am likely to be further from the exchange than you, although you may well be connected to the same cabinet as me.

Numpty? no you are just innocent of the ways that adsl tech has to torture us. I guess the basic question is have you tried the router directly into the Test socket - assuming you have an NTE5 which is the type where the bottom half of the faceplate can be unscrewed. The test socket is the one hidden behind the bottom half of the faceplate. Testing with Ethernet is the right thing to do.

Drop me a PM if you like and we can discuss what is possible, You may find some help in the useful resource Here it is operated by one of the regular contributors to the forum.

Yes, I have tried it with the test socket, but it was some time ago, I'll give it another try. The thing is it's not always been this slow, I never had a problem in the past, so I assumed it was down to contention. Admittedly, I'm upstairs now using the laptop with the new wireless adaptor and a speed test gives me Ping 63ms, download speed .66mbps, Upload .22mbps. ;-(
Thanks
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Sun 15-Jan-12 11:02:18
Print Post

Yes, I have tried it with the test socket, but it was some time ago,
Thanks

Have you tried the members forum ?

http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/index.php
(experienced) Sun 15-Jan-12 11:08:35
Print Post

SirBenfro

I'm from Tenby mate and know a couple of people living very close to you. Can you post your Router Stats on here? This will give us a good indication whether there's something wrong with your line.
Standard User sirbenfro
(newbie) Mon 16-Jan-12 08:35:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by WelshWArrior:
SirBenfro

I'm from Tenby mate and know a couple of people living very close to you. Can you post your Router Stats on here? This will give us a good indication whether there's something wrong with your line.

Is this what you want? As I said, I know very little about this! ;-(
http://omeyas.f2s.com/2012-01-15_145547.jpg

Thanks
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 19-Jan-12 23:39:22
Print Post

I had an email back today from the ASA in response to an issue I raised with them. Recently, when I ran the Talktalk line checker I was led to a page which claimed that TT would deliver 24 Mbps to my 20 cn market 1 exchange, That had to be wrong. So I felt that as TT were making claims they couldn't back up on an exchange which doesn't figure in current RFS dates issued across this county, the claim should be subject to some scrutiny to ensure that people on my exchange don't sign up to TT on the basis of an inflated speed claim
Thank you for contacting the ASA with your concerns about claims appearing on the Talk Talk website. I understand you feel the claim “We’ll deliver superfast 24Meg broadband to your exchange” is misleading.

We contacted the advertiser for clarification on the issue and they confirmed that not all exchanges can receive 24Meg broadband. On this basis we considered the ad was in breach of the CAP Code rules relating to misleading advertising we asked them to amend the claim. Talk Talk have confirmed that they will change the claim to ““We’ll give you the fastest speed your line can handle.” This should be amended shortly.

At least now if they make 24 meg claims for my exchange they will have to upgrade it first. For ages people have been telling me that my exchange was too small to be of interest, and yet TT are unbundling exchanges locally to me that are a quarter of the size of mine, Narberth SWNB being one such exchange. After the lies a couple of years back when TTs supermarket sellers tried to tell me that my exchange couldn't be done "because BT wont let them in" I felt that enough was enough, I have emailed TT to see if I can find out why we have been excluded, and tweeted them, neither of which was even acknowledged. Even when TT called after the line test and I asked the sales guys why my exchange lacks an RFS date they couldn't answer and were not interested in helping me find out.. At least now they cant deceive people on this - or other 20cn exchanges - with fairy tales of 24 megs at the exchange

Edited by warweezil (Thu 19-Jan-12 23:50:23)

Standard User dave76
(newbie) Fri 17-Feb-12 13:06:45
Print Post

Well apparently Haverfordwest, Narberth, Fishguard, Neyland are now unbundled (on talktalk), according to:
http://sales.talktalk.co.uk/
and
http://www.talktalkmembers.com/content/view/151/93/

Nothing on samknows yet
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 17-Feb-12 16:05:09
Print Post

[re: dave76] [link to this post]

I cant access one of those pages - log in required, the speed checker on the sales page has recently been the subject of a successful ASA complaint, and I'm not sure if they have yet updated the claim to deliver 24 megs to exchanges - that seems to have been a default claim they were making on ALL exchanges regardless of the status - mine being a 20cn market 1 exchange was the one that backed up the complaint. I note that the wording appears to have changed and the claimed 24 megs at exchange has been dropped

Im dubious about taltalk claims.. I will run it by a friend of mine on the Neyland exchange later, see if he can learn anything by actually talking to sales about a live line that is already with them

VP status Yellow - About time BTw rewarded us for our over priced 8 meg crawl with some investment!

Edited by warweezil (Fri 17-Feb-12 19:49:55)

Standard User dave76
(newbie) Mon 27-Feb-12 02:07:28
Print Post

The Pembroke Dock, Saundersfoot, Tenby and Johnston exchanges are now showing as live - I checked last week, using the same details and they weren't live then (not even planned!). But given what has previously been said by other forum members I know that all claims should be taken with a large pinch of salt!

Still nothing showing for Milford Haven.

Any word from your contact in Neyland?
Standard User huwwatkins
(member) Mon 27-Feb-12 08:12:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by dave76:
The Pembroke Dock, Saundersfoot, Tenby and Johnston exchanges are now showing as live - I checked last week, using the same details and they weren't live then (not even planned!). But given what has previously been said by other forum members I know that all claims should be taken with a large pinch of salt!

Still nothing showing for Milford Haven.

Any word from your contact in Neyland?

Is that after the dates dropped off samknows? could you check the Aberystwyth exchange for me please?
Standard User dave76
(newbie) Mon 27-Feb-12 10:22:21
Print Post

Not showing anything for Aberystwyth - but as other forum members have previously said - don't assume this is 100% accurate all the time.
Standard User dave76
(newbie) Fri 02-Mar-12 00:04:48
Print Post

Aberystwyth is now showing as live, but as others have said - this information may not be accurate!

Milford Haven still showing nothing.
Standard User dave76
(newbie) Fri 02-Mar-12 12:05:02
Print Post

Mlford Haven showing as live this morning!
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 02-Mar-12 17:28:56
Print Post

Keep rubbing it in!!!

Looks like we have a digital divide in this county now. It has been suggested that the lack of a fix date for the yellow VPs on my exchnage are due to impending unbundling... Thats news to us.. Pembroke didnt feature in the roll out that was announced a while back.

Any News on Neyland and Johnston?

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
VP status Yellow - About time BTw rewarded us for our over priced 8 meg crawl with some investment!

Edited by warweezil (Fri 02-Mar-12 19:18:49)

Standard User ian007jen
(member) Sat 03-Mar-12 08:36:49
Print Post

Amber VP's may not be fixed due to 21C upgrades.

An openreach engineer I spoke to this week even mentioned Martletwy (about 300 lines) is in the process of being upgraded

IAn
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 04-Mar-12 10:24:48
Print Post

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

I'm dubious. It may fit with the published upgrade of Haverfordwest at rthe end of this month and Milford Haven in May, but then there are no dates published for the larger exchnages at Neyland, Johnston and of course Narberth - Martletwys much larger neighbour.

According to a BT "SFI" (I have my doubts that he was) that came out to my premises a couple of weeks back, "21cn" equipment is in place at Pembroke Dock, but has not yet been comissioned. Of course he could be talking Telephony hardware rather than Braodband.

All I do know for sure is no one is telling us anything.

(member) Sun 04-Mar-12 10:56:58
Print Post

If it’s anything like counties Powys and Gwynedd, on some exchanges, it does not look good, 21cn falls from May 2012 to January 2013 and LLU's falling off the radar completely.

I'm alright Jack....
Standard User huwwatkins
(member) Mon 05-Mar-12 15:45:08
Print Post

[re: NilSatisOptimum] [link to this post]

Can you check Aberystwyth again please ? Its starting to show on some of the talktalk reseller checkers as being enabled - so i hope so!
(member) Mon 05-Mar-12 16:42:00
Print Post

Put your number in vivaciti checker if it comes back ADSL2+ LLU 100GB FUP etc you should be good to go.

I'm alright Jack....
Standard User huwwatkins
(member) Mon 05-Mar-12 16:44:31
Print Post

[re: NilSatisOptimum] [link to this post]

Yup it does! Surprised they finally managed it.
Standard User ntm1275
(newbie) Mon 05-Mar-12 18:08:45
Print Post

Spoke to Talk Talk Business 30 minutes ago about the Neyland exchange being unbundled, and they confirmed it was, so I have signed up for the up to 24meg package

freedom2surf Pro 8128 Wires Only
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Mar-12 19:35:04
Print Post

[re: ntm1275] [link to this post]

Just passed that on to a happy man in Neyland who will be calling talk talk later today

Standard User andrewdb
(committed) Mon 05-Mar-12 19:51:51
Print Post

TalkTalk Business is a 24month contract.
I went with Vivaciti Variety LLU package (Uses TalkTalk LLU equipment) with 1 month contract. It's no longer 100GB FUP but 300GB not that most are likely to come anywhere near close. Plus you can keep your line as a BT Wholesale one elsewhere (Post Office 1 month contract for me). Decemt support too.
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Mar-12 20:19:47
Print Post

[re: andrewdb] [link to this post]

For me on Pembroke exchnage it seems that upto 8 meg is still the order of the day, The TT checker doesnt offer me anything faster, so I guess when sales call me later we will have another of those circular conversations with me telling them there is no way i will comiit to a long contract just to stay on 8 meg - while the sales droid tries to sell me on "you will save so much money with our bundle".

*sigh*

Standard User dave76
(newbie) Wed 07-Mar-12 22:57:25
Print Post

Doesn't look like Pembroke will be getting 21cn anytime soon either - Milford Haven and Saundersfoot have been put back to Jan 2013 in the latest update from BT for ADSL2+.
No mention of Pembroke at all!
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 08-Mar-12 19:23:07
Print Post

Someone recently suggested that the Yellow VP's here that need attention but as yet have no fix date are being left due to an imminent unbundling. Well we have no date for WBC and no suggestion that any LLU is likely to hit town soon apart from some vague mention in the past of being "targetted" by TalkTalk, but that far all it is is talk...

Its bad enough having to suffer the IPSC price rip off, but 8 megs or anything near it is pretty much impossible for m,e and many of my neighbours most eveniings and for large chunks of the day too so as well as being fleeced for being on old tech equipment, BTw rob us of what little speed we have by failing to provide an acceptable level of service due to exchnage congestion of which they are well aware.

Of Course the regulator is as ever useless in this matter, and should be replaced by somthing with real teeth.

Standard User huwwatkins
(member) Fri 09-Mar-12 01:31:21
Print Post

I just put a pembroke number (royal oak pub) in to the vivcity number checker and it gave me LLU option.
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 09-Mar-12 20:06:29
Print Post

Well BTw can poke it.... I have just ordered LLU through Vivaciti which is newly available on my exchnage. It seems it was a well kept secret... altho Vivaciti tell me they are getting a lot of sign ups from here.

Happy bunny!

Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 09-Mar-12 20:15:34
Print Post

Thank you Thank you Thank yoiu........ Order placed migration expected 20th March... Enta Billing cycle ends 20th... happy timing!

Had a couple of chats with Vivaciti, seems word is getting out as they have had a number of calls from people on my exchnage.

Tonight I am a happy bunny!

Standard User ian007jen
(member) Fri 09-Mar-12 21:05:20
Print Post

Time to change your sig.

Good luck, i think i will have a long wait here http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/SWRSO

IAn
Standard User huwwatkins
(member) Fri 09-Mar-12 21:15:03
Print Post

Same thing happening with the Aberytwyth exchange, no annoucements just the option popping up on the checker.
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 09-Mar-12 22:18:05
Print Post

I recently had a conversation with someone at the Welsh Assembly who was talking about grants being available for areas with low speeds, May be worth you putting in a call... I just asked to speak to someone regarding the lack of investment in fast services in my area.

The sig... well that will change when my connection goes over.

Standard User fpcat
(newbie) Sat 10-Mar-12 19:21:32
Print Post

We received a letter this morning from TT informing us that from 20 March 2012 we would be connected to TT Next Generation Network. "New equipment installed at exchange means service will be running on very latest technology, bringing us faster broadband speeds and better package prices." This is the Pembroke exchange.
The letter asks us to refer to an enclosed leaflet for help if we have any problems, otherwise call them on their 0871 number, but no leaflet enclosed! Typical, I'll wait to see how it pans out re. speed and costs, before I renew my contract in May.

Edited by fpcat (Sat 10-Mar-12 19:22:57)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 10-Mar-12 20:03:00
Print Post

[re: fpcat] [link to this post]

If you are on IPstream now and wait until they move you to full LLU, then you will find it costs more to move to another provider, and can result in a couple of weeks without internet.

If not sure about the benefits then moving now might be better.

TalkTalk speeds in terms of connection are fairly predictable based on attenuation, and their LLU network generally has better peak time performance than what they offer on IPStream

Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 10-Mar-12 20:52:43
Print Post

You may have seen posts elsewhere in this thread that Pembroke now has LLU I signed up with Vivaciti yesterday and am looking forward to escaping BTws clutches including the congested crawl on upto 8 megs.

Seems Neyland also has LLU availlability too.

Things are looking up in this area at last!

Standard User mrdaveyk
(newbie) Wed 14-Mar-12 19:43:12
Print Post

Recently come across this thread and have been trying to follow it with interest regarding Pembroke and Pembroke dock speed upgrades

excuse the ignorance but hopefully you can give me a quick answer, is there any proposed dates to speed upgrades, apparently the hardware is in place its just waiting to be placed on-line?

I'm not completely clued up the acronyms hence why i cant find my answers by reading through
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 15-Mar-12 11:10:55
Print Post

[re: mrdaveyk] [link to this post]

No problem. I am in Pembroke - Close to Bush Hill so 3 km physical line length from the exchange at Waterloo Roundabout In Pembroke Dock.

My line moves to Vivaciti Surfwise LLU on 20th. It seems a well kept secret at this stage, even very recently TalkTalks own Customer services couldnt give me a date for LLU at Pembroke. I got a tip here from someone who had looked it up for me when his exchange suddenly had availability and he tipped me off that I could get upto 24meg through Vivaciti.

I called them and they confirmed it. I have heard reports that Talktalk are writing to customers now about an upgrade but have no first hand knowledge of that, To be honest after dealing with Talktalk sales team I think Vivaciti is my best option, even if it costs more, Regardless of whose network this is on Vivaciti will be running the connection, support and billing, which has to be a good thing, having experienced a complete lack of response from my Enta reseller recently. Like my current ISP, this is a monthly contract - no long tie in. I always believe that if an ISP is any good they wont need to shackle you with a long contract... you will stay because the service suits you.

For the same as I now pay an Enta reseller, I will have better speed.

Hope this is useful. PM me if you think I can help you with anything else.... or watch THIS THREAD in the resellers forum which is about the experience of migrating to Surfwise.

BT seem to have lost interest in Pembroke so as no speed increase is on the cards from them, so the only way to go faster will be through the limited LLU at Pembroke now.

VP status Red
Leaving the BTw 8 meg crawl behind thanks to Vivaciti LLU from 20th March

Edited by warweezil (Thu 15-Mar-12 11:12:33)

Standard User mrdaveyk
(newbie) Thu 15-Mar-12 23:03:33
Print Post

Having checked vivaciti it looks pretty promising.

However this is where im failing to follow

After checking this website http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/SWPM the exchange at waterloo is owned by BT and supports only ADSL. Changing to Vivaiciti on a LLU contract wont benefit you if the exchange doesn't physically support it?

I'm sitting here scratching the nogging, surely i've missed something in the last few posts......
Standard User ian007jen
(member) Thu 15-Mar-12 23:41:49
Print Post

Hi

Yes previous posts do not clarify anything, so in simple terms;

Talk talk have installed their own kit in the Pembroke BT exchange (called LLU)

SamKnows website has not been updated yet to show this.

You can migrate from your current connection to Talk Talk.

Vivaciti re-sell bt connections and talk talk connections, this is good as support from them is excellent, or you could use many other re-sellers, sign up for talk talk business (good support), or go directly with talk talk if you do not require (UK) support.

Hope that helps

Ian
Standard User ian007jen
(member) Thu 15-Mar-12 23:47:26
Print Post

Hi

is there any proposed dates to speed upgrades, apparently the hardware is in place its just waiting to be placed on-line?

If you put your number in here https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

if it reads something like this
For Telephone Number 0143776**** on Exchange HAVERFORDWEST

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 8Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 7Mbps and 8Mbps.

Your exchange is planned to have ADSL2+ by 31st March 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 17Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 10Mbps and 19.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1.5Mbps and downstream line speed of 17Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 10Mbps and 19.5Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

The important bit is all the ADSL2 gubbins, if you see something like this then you may be receiving a speed upgrade soon.

Ian

Edited by ian007jen (Thu 15-Mar-12 23:57:13)

Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 16-Mar-12 08:12:36
Print Post

Not Claified?
No problem. I am in Pembroke - Close to Bush Hill so 3 km physical line length from the exchange at Waterloo Roundabout In Pembroke Dock.

My line moves to Vivaciti Surfwise LLU on 20th. It seems a well kept secret at this stage, even very recently TalkTalks own Customer services couldnt give me a date for LLU at Pembroke. I got a tip here from someone who had looked it up for me when his exchange suddenly had availability and he tipped me off that I could get upto 24meg through Vivaciti.

I called them and they confirmed it.

I am on the exchange in question and have a live order in place to migrate to LLU upto 24megs through Vivaciti - All of that was in my post. - although since receiving an email yesterday afternoon there is some confusion on my part about when this will happen.

It seems Talktalk want new customers so badly they restrict access to information via the web having removed information (or putting it behind a log in) and prefer you to deal with their sales droids who appear to be in the dark about things because as recently as 2 weeks ago they told me there was no information about LLU provision for Pembroke and having been able to get no information from Talktalk itself I avoided a positive mention except for noting something that I had heard about them offering upgrades to exsiting customers - some ISPs favour moving existing customers off of the more expensive BTw service before mounting a drive to recruit further customers.

Someone recenly posted about Talktalk business in another thread, and mentioned a quite long contract tie in which can be a major downside in these times where jobs and income can suddenly exvaporate.

The confusion arises by people taking Samknmows as gospel - which it isnt, and while the site MAYbe accurate about some xchnages it seems increasingly out of date and misleading due to a lack of information/co-operation from providers, in the case of Pembroke it has not changed to even reflect the growth of this area, I did email them about this a while ago - and to let them know about the inaccurate line count the exchange location map is laughably inaccurate considering the echnage sits beside a major junction, nothing has changed, and the site has lost some credibility for me.

I had an email from the Surfwise provisoning team saying I was expected to go live yesterday - but as this seems to be running a day late I think I may well be moved today - having ordered last Friday late afternoon.

VP status Red
Leaving the BTw 8 meg crawl behind thanks to Vivaciti LLU from 20th March
Standard User mrdaveyk
(newbie) Mon 19-Mar-12 21:21:23
Print Post

word of mouth in work today was that BT have been calling round homes to inform people their internet speed will increase to 24mb in the next two weeks as BT will be going over to ADSL2 on the waterloo exchange.

hows vivaciti going weezil?
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 20-Mar-12 00:04:59
Print Post

Seeing a steady 8.9 average on a sync now at 10043Kbps, so slightly above the Kitz estimate for my attenuation. Its a shame my line has a 43db attenuation, but the checkers suggest that is right for a 3km line

Strange that BT are said to be about to unbundle here - as it wasnt on a spreadsheet someone posted a link to in the last couple of weeks (wish I could recall where) and the RFS date they published for Milford Haven a couple of months back has now suddenly been pushed out to 2013 according to Samknows.

Vivaciti Surfwise LLU - Finally free of the BTw crawl.
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 20-Mar-12 09:06:44
Print Post

Well I had a decent sync till BT decided to poison my 2wire router with a firmware update... woke up this morning and wondered why I couldnt open some web pages... then the little light bulb came on in my head and I founf that my MTU was back to 1500 and on checking I have the new version of BTs Crippleware, which according to the router forced a restart about 2.30 am.

Now I have to try to get round to a restart this afternoon to put my sync back on top line.

Isnt is a shame that BT group are not as keen to upgrade exchanges as they are to prat about with peoples routers? Muppets. Time to look up how to poison the provisioning server link.

Standard User huwwatkins
(member) Tue 20-Mar-12 09:25:43
Print Post

Agreed - cant fault them for throughput - getting a consistent 12-14 meg out of a ~14000kbps sync. Hopefully better when I can get my low sync issues solved.
Standard User hazzatori
(newbie) Tue 20-Mar-12 10:18:22
Print Post

Well after following these posts for a few years now, and holding out that some higher prescence will enable a faster than *8Meg connection at Pembroke Dock, i thought now was the right time to chip in, while also thanking Warweezil for a bit of help via email recently.

I used to live in Manchester and work for Virgin Media, so i got very fast and very cheap 50meg BB (but i always found virgins service to be anything but what was advertised i did find with ADSL what ever your sync was is basically what you got, (save for sky connect) so moving to rural Wales i almost shed a tear as i watched the power lines and telephone cables turn to hills and fields.

So up until yesterday i was on AQUISS ADSL Max, Atteuation - 35Db, Noise - 8Db but could only get around 2-3 meg at best, I removed ring line, stripped old extensions out nothing would improve it, but yesterday i took the plunge i took out the master socket, clipped off 2 inches of cable and re-fixed...... 8MEG!! straight way, looking at the wire it had corroded at the ends (its about 40 years old), ran new extensions around the house, using 6 core external cable, added new filters to each device now my phone even sounds better!

Why must Openreach feel no one knows what they are on about, basically if you get a ADSL signal above 512k then its working, and any callout which would result in nothing happening woudl = a couple of hundred quid, yet my strictly not legal - not illegal touching of the drop line/feed in fixed the problem. I am not saying everyone should do it, but they should offer a cheaper service to basically service the line from the pole to your house upon request.

So now I have ordered VIVACITI surfwise and expect to get between 14-16meg according to various calculators around the interwebs. so thx to all of you who post your info and rumours as its got me through the last 3 years with some hope, and now finally i can play Xbox live while the kids YouTube! its not much to ask in this day and age....

Edited by hazzatori (Tue 20-Mar-12 10:24:22)

Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 20-Mar-12 12:31:48
Print Post

[re: hazzatori] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hazzatori:
Well after following these posts for a few years now, and holding out that some higher prescence will enable a faster than *8Meg connection at Pembroke Dock, i thought now was the right time to chip in, while also thanking Warweezil for a bit of help via email recently.

Happy to help, Im no expert, but will happily pass on my own experiences for anyone to consider when looking at suppliers.

What I have noticed is a rise in latency over Enta, bbc.co.uk now has a 47 average, Vivaciti.net is 48ms and jolt.com is through the roof. I have also noted some problems with podcast downloading - and even a new build of Cyanagenmod for the androids here too far longer than usual to come down. I have reverted to automatic DNS serttings having been using Commodo, but the ping remains the same.according to Jdast it is consistent across the tests I have been running ver the last few days.

Can do no more till later after I restart the router to try to regain the sync that BT borked during the night while meddling with my routers firmware - thats the downside of using ex BT kit. I think my connection may need to "fettling" before it is where I expect it to be.

Standard User huwwatkins
(member) Tue 20-Mar-12 12:36:41
Print Post

Ask them to turn off interleaving. I am now getting 19ms ping to bbc.co.uk
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 20-Mar-12 13:25:02
Print Post

Yeah probably a good idea... only have my head half in this this week... preparing for a friend coming to stay for a week... just as the car decides that it feels like a break lol

will drop a ticket on them this evening.

Standard User hazzatori
(newbie) Tue 20-Mar-12 13:34:13
Print Post

I used to be with Vivaciti I don't think you need to submit a ticket for interleaving im sure the control panel has option to do it yourself, but its about 24 hour turnaround (weekdays only).

Also i think you need to log into your Enta account rather than the Vivaciti account.
Standard User huwwatkins
(member) Tue 20-Mar-12 13:47:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by hazzatori:
I used to be with Vivaciti I don't think you need to submit a ticket for interleaving im sure the control panel has option to do it yourself, but its about 24 hour turnaround (weekdays only).

Also i think you need to log into your Enta account rather than the Vivaciti account.

Not on their LLU service you can't - it has nothing to do with Entanet and you have to open a ticket.
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 20-Mar-12 14:53:47
Print Post

I need to talk to them anyhow, I have the log in I set up online... and a different one from Surfwise... the Viva CP doesnt seem to have much functionality in terms of setting Interleaving etc, that was one of the few good things with UKFSN, the portal on Jasons site had a lot of detail available including a record of past syncs etc.

Guess we should really carry this on in the resellers froum lol

Or vivaciti's own forum?

Standard User hazzatori
(newbie) Tue 20-Mar-12 16:55:04
Print Post

Yeah i forgot the LLU side of things habit now lol,

anyhow had THE call from Talk Talk after checking to see if LLU was available in Pembroke Dock, explained how it was only available through reseller but the guy was insistent he could provide LLU up to 24 Meg on my Line, when i mentioned the checker he said it wouldn't be updated so soon,

I didn't trust him though, as Vivaciti can track it now why wouldn't TT be able too? so left it for now but its possible I suppose.
Standard User ntm1275
(newbie) Tue 20-Mar-12 17:30:59
Print Post

Neyland exchange is definitely on LLU now with Talk Talk

Got home today to find my router synced at 15833kbps downstream and 1020kbps upstream, but the downstream should be more than that as I'm only a stones throw from the exchange
Previously on BT Max I was syncing at 8192kbps

Called Talk Talk Business and the guy is going to monitor my connection over the next day and make changes to get the sync speed up

Finally getting some decent broadband speeds after being stuck with BT for the last few years

freedom2surf Pro 8128 Wires Only
Standard User dave76
(newbie) Tue 20-Mar-12 19:45:03
Print Post

Seeing a steady 8.9 average on a sync now at 10043Kbps, so slightly above the Kitz estimate for my attenuation. Its a shame my line has a 43db attenuation, but the checkers suggest that is right for a 3km line

Strange that BT are said to be about to unbundle here - as it wasnt on a spreadsheet someone posted a link to in the last couple of weeks (wish I could recall where) and the RFS date they published for Milford Haven a couple of months back has now suddenly been pushed out to 2013 according to Samknows.

The BT spreadsheet is here (Press "Click here to download" and select the spreadsheet):
https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Library/Net...
(experienced) Wed 21-Mar-12 08:46:18
Print Post

[re: ntm1275] [link to this post]

My parents line in Tenby when enabled in Feb was only at 12185ish but is no syncing at 19850 or so so yours will improve.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to