User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User colin1951uk
(regular) Fri 31-Aug-12 00:58:31
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk

[re: Seansmit17] [link to this post]

Sorry I meant the DGN1000 had dropped to something like 12400 Kbps d'stream (can't remember the actual figure now I've dumped it) after 24hrs.

With my Biliion back I'm now at 15475 Kbps d'stream which is what it was more or less stabilised at before I connected up the Netgear box.

So suggests something was bad with that DGN1000 and hence it's history.

Hopefully will get something better with the Billion at 6db...I'll let you know if interested.
Standard User Benno79
(newbie) Fri 31-Aug-12 14:58:19
Print Post

[re: colin1951uk] [link to this post]

I think the general view is that this router isn't really worth getting. I notice some people recommend the draytek adsl modem but then you need to buy a router to go with it. Is there anything else that can do the job that isn't so expensive? If not I may just stick with the talk talk supplied d-link.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Sat 01-Sep-12 07:02:33
Print Post

[re: Benno79] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Benno79:
I notice some people recommend the draytek adsl modem but then you need to buy a router to go with it.

But you could buy a Draytek 120 v2 modem for around £50 and then connect your existing modem/router to it and use it in 'router' mode only. Alternatively you could buy a cheap router such as this - the Draytek 120 converts PPPoA to PPPoE so you can use a cable router. The draytek uses the latest Infineon Danube chipset so you're pretty much guaranteed the optimum sync, it syncs at 18.3 meg on my 29 db atten line grin

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18383/1020 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to