User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Mon 06-Aug-12 12:00:02
Print Post

Re: What are Talk Talk really like?

[re: steveakuk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by steveakuk:
just started using sky anytime+ now so would that be throttled by TT

Nup, TalkTalk do NOT throttle Sky Anytime+...i'm using it and no slowdowns at all smile

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18383/1020 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 08-Aug-12 05:56:57
Print Post

Re: What are Talk Talk really like?

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Before you do anything get onto Sky. They WILL offer you retentions. For instance I have my line rental for £1 and my TV package discounted too.

Also consider that Sky offer just broadband & calls and will probably give you a good deal on that too...

The grass isn't always greener on the other side and if you are happy with Sky give them a chance to offer you something. Go through to cancellations as this is also retentions. Be honest that you are wanting to save some money and would like a retention deal & TT seem cheaper... I've never had to threaten with leaving, they've always given me a great deal.

The way it works is that each advisor has x amount of deals. So the first person may have no deals left to give out. E.g. if they had 10 deals and gave all 10 away already, they have nothing left... If so hang up and ring straight back, this has never failed me. Always got someone with deals by the 2nd call. I've always got a great deal in the end.
If you take your phone line and broadband away from Sky , you can get a 75% discount on your Sky satellite subscription , as i have the full package with HD and 3D , Sports , Films Blah Blah the saving was huge .

I do not believe i could of got the deal im on if my phone and broadband where tied to Sky , it was the threat of leaving there satellite service and the fact i could as nothing else was tied to them that got that 75% discount . Do the maths !

you can get a 50% discount with out much haggling , i got the 75% discount 6 weeks after canceling .
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to