User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Wed 14-Nov-12 23:38:36
Print Post

Re: Something to read if you are considering TalkTalk

[re: moggy68] [link to this post]

Thank you Moggy. smile
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Nov-12 23:42:42
Print Post

Rather out of time:
In reply to a post by moggy68:
More people leaving them, than any other ISP.....
TT just had it's strongest quarter for new customers and reducing churn: Turning point for TalkTalk

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User moggy68
(learned) Wed 14-Nov-12 23:58:12
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

It will not last, as the country gets deeper into resession, people have less money, so prob going with Talk Talk as they are cheap! But they will learn the hard way, like I have.....
There was a tv prog about them few months ago, more complaints than any other ISP,

Regards

Moggy smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User noginthenog
(newbie) Thu 15-Nov-12 00:21:43
Print Post

i am sick to death of you talktalk wingers you are just being obnoxious they are the Aldi of I.S.P's i love them
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Thu 15-Nov-12 00:32:13
Print Post

[re: noginthenog] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by noginthenog:
i am sick to death of you talktalk wingers you are just being obnoxious they are the Aldi of I.S.P's i love them

How can people say they are cheap, when PlusNet are cheaper, and give a decent service?

TALKTALK are awful.. REALLY AWFUL.

You struggle to get through on the phone, and when you do you get rude foreignors that struggle with English.

Yea, great.

You are either an employee, or very very lucky.
Either way, your flogging a dead horse.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 15-Nov-12 00:33:00
Print Post

Using opinion to counter fact!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Thu 15-Nov-12 07:08:09
Print Post

[re: Devonian] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Devonian:
How can people say they are cheap, when PlusNet are cheaper, and give a decent service?

Really? So if i were to move to PlusNet i would get 18 meg speeds 24/7 on my 29db atten line and i could download ~ 500 GB per month at peak times, and with unlimited Uk landline/0845/0870 calls and with line rental included all for less than £14.75 per month? Is it Aprils Fools already?

Well TT is the best isp i have ever been with. Any issues i have had have been satisfactorily resolved via the forums...SHOCK, HORROR! I would happily pay £50 pm for the service i am receiving but the fact i'm only paying £14.75 a month all-in is the icing on the cake. PlusNet? No thanks, i would rather pour bleach in my eyes than go back to a BT (spit) based/owned ISP again frown

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18383/1020 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Thu 15-Nov-12 13:22:31
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:

Really? So if i were to move to PlusNet i would get 18 meg speeds 24/7 on my 29db atten line and i could download ~ 500 GB per month at peak times, and with unlimited Uk landline/0845/0870 calls and with line rental included all for less than £14.75 per month? Is it Aprils Fools already?

Well TT is the best isp i have ever been with. Any issues i have had have been satisfactorily resolved via the forums...SHOCK, HORROR! I would happily pay £50 pm for the service i am receiving but the fact i'm only paying £14.75 a month all-in is the icing on the cake. PlusNet? No thanks, i would rather pour bleach in my eyes than go back to a BT (spit) based/owned ISP again frown

So, if I deduct the charge for line rental @ £9.60, you are telling me you get UNLIMITED CALLS AND BROADBAND for £5.15 per month? Even though the advertised cost is £18 per month at a DISCOUNTED rate?

You also download 500gb per month? How is that even legally possible?
I have numerous web based items and 4 people in the house, and the most we have ever used is 70gb, that includes love film streaming in HD/iPlayer streaming.

For £23 per month, PlusNet give me UNLIMITED CALLS to 08 numbers, land lines AND MOBILES, plus the most reliable broadband I have ever had at 18meg download, and a pro connection on fast track with a ping under 20, completely unrestricted at all times, and unlimited use at night for downloads.

I also get an English call centre, with staff that are friendly, polite, and LISTEN to the customer.

Blows TalkTalk right out of the water.

The service I have received over the past 3 weeks from PlusNet helping me to sort out Talktalks shambles, has be no less than amazing.

All I can say is I hope you remain lucky with your service, and never have to contact talktalks third world call centre, you will be in for a shock.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Thu 15-Nov-12 14:17:04
Print Post

[re: Devonian] [link to this post]

So, if I deduct the charge for line rental @ £9.60, you are telling me you get UNLIMITED CALLS AND BROADBAND for £5.15 per month? Even though the advertised cost is £18 per month at a DISCOUNTED rate?

Excluding value line rental i'm paying £5.25 a month for Talktalk's Plus package - it's normally £14.50 pm. This was discounted by 50% & an extra £2 per month after agreeing to sign up to a new 12 month contract. You pay £23 a month for a similar package with the BT (spit) owned PlusNet, so no prizes for guessing who's being taken to the cleaners.

You also download 500gb per month? How is that even legally possible?

Most of my monthly bandwidth is taken up by the "illegally possible" UK & USA Netflix HD. It uses around 2.5 GB p/h (on the highest quality setting) and with 8 people in our household simultaneously streaming Netflix almost 24/7, the GB's add up. We also have Sky On Demand enabled and AFAIK that's bandwidth heavy as well.

All I can say is I hope you remain lucky with your service, and never have to contact talktalks third world call centre, you will be in for a shock.

Well unlike you, i thoroughly researched Talktalk before i signed up. I have never called their phone support team and probably never will. Their sales and broadband retentions dept (based in UK & India respectively) were polite and very helpful on the rare occasions i've called them. If (and its a big if) talktalk start messing me about, i will happily pay off the remainder of my contract and move. As a last resort i would even be willing to get a new BT line put in if things got so bad. But talktalk must be doing something right if they haven't botched up my service in the 2+ years i've been with them. If TalkTalk were really that bad (ala Orange broadband a few years back) then instead of gaining new LLU customers in recent times, surely they would be shedding customers?

TalkTalk - purveyor of Extra Special Broadband at Aldi prices grin

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18383/1020 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-Nov-12 14:27:59
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

True. The reduced churn is due to them improving the support from truly appalling to just plain awful.

Give them another couple of years and they'll get to be just about OK.

They've got a long way to go in all respects: link

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001

Edited by jelv (Thu 15-Nov-12 14:31:26)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to