User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User goldenoldie
(knowledge is power) Sat 17-Nov-12 11:33:55
Print Post

Re: Something to read if you are considering TalkTalk

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

Hmm - and how many months did it take for my problem with TT to be sorted out ?

Two letters threatening me with a visit from the Bailiffs [ and of course the hint of problems I would face with my credit rating ]

lots of promises from the CEO's Office - but no action .

Eventually it went to OTELO as I recall .

Since the account was an email only with Lineone which was taken over by Tiscali which in its turn was taken over by TT and I had no details of the account so could not use the TT Members Forum, all had to be done by phone calls and letters . I don't think I ever got a decent apology for the harassment from TT.

Jack, I seem to recall lots of encouragement from you to use the Member's Forum - which of course I could not do. Now I've never had a scrap of bother with VirginMedia [ including transferring the account to my name ] and I have so many memories of your sig which was NOT flattering to VirginMedia. We all post as we see / understand things

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
If a thing ain't broke --- DON'T FIX IT
Experienced in making a mess of things smile
MacBook Pro on OSX 10.7.5 ,Virgin Super Hub , [ sssh - and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 60meg
Standard User gdavid
(committed) Sat 17-Nov-12 11:49:41
Print Post

[re: Devonian] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Devonian:
In reply to a post by TALKTALK_SUPPORT:
@Devonian,

I understand your issue is being handled with the CEO's Office. If you are experiencing any issues contacting the CEO's Office please feel free to tweet us @TalkTalkCare.

For any customer experencing issues please feel free to contact us on the details above. Alternatively a number of help articles for various common queries can be found on the TalkTalk Helpsite
http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/home

Regards

Mark
Online Community Department

I assume you are the same Mark from the talk talk forum that not only refused to take my issues seriously, refused to look into any of my issues, refused to contact me in any shape or form, and in the end you even banned me from posting on the talktalk customer forum, saying my complaint is being handled, and there's no reason for me to post any more (censorship).

As for the CEO office handling my complaint, that's a laugh!

I had a letter saying the CEO manager had tried to call me ON THE LINE TALK TALK CANCELLED, and couldn't get through (another complaint on the way, you have my mobile number on file) she asked if I called on the 0330 number, which I have done 6 times, each time going to voice mail, which I have left my full contact details, yet nobody has called me.

I have just this moment emailed a complaints forum plus supporting evidence to the Information Commissioners Office, I have another 4 weeks, then I can pass my complaint to the telephone watch dog.
I have also been in touch with Consumer Watch South West, formerly Trading Standards, who are also interested in my case.

All communication with TalkTalk has been recorded and filed by myself, including this message, and yours on this forum.

I am glad to see that you are still persisting with the treatment you have received from TT. It takes a lot of energy to keep battling through the so called bureaucracy.

Keep going and please update this forum on your progress.

For the record, I was considering TT at one stage, but this and other threads I have read definitely put me off.

Regards

David
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Sat 17-Nov-12 12:39:09
Print Post

[re: goldenoldie] [link to this post]

Jack, I seem to recall lots of encouragement from you to use the Member's Forum - which of course I could not do. Now I've never had a scrap of bother with VirginMedia [ including transferring the account to my name ] and I have so many memories of your sig which was NOT flattering to VirginMedia. We all post as we see / understand things

I have never been a VM customer so why would i have a sig slating them ?

We all post as we see / understand things

And to balance the negativity here is some positive feedback for actual Talk Talk customers dated Tuesday 04th May 2010 to Saturday 06th Oct 2012

http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php...

Edited by Jack_Hackett (Sat 17-Nov-12 12:41:10)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User goldenoldie
(knowledge is power) Sat 17-Nov-12 12:44:12
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

Ah - maybe I was mistaken in me memory of someone on the TT Board that had a sig which included

"VirginMedia are evil"

If I'm wrong then I apologise .

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
If a thing ain't broke --- DON'T FIX IT
Experienced in making a mess of things smile
MacBook Pro on OSX 10.7.5 ,Virgin Super Hub , [ sssh - and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 60meg
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Sat 17-Nov-12 13:53:20
Print Post

[re: gdavid] [link to this post]

Thank you David.

Yes it is tiring having to keep battling away with people who aren't the smallest bit interested in their customers or their problems.

But, there is no way I will allow any body to get away with treating me the way they have.

I really wouldn't wish TT on anybody.

Yes, people here are defending them, but have they had to contact TT and actually deal with an issue with them? I doubt it.
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Sat 17-Nov-12 14:10:23
Print Post

Things seem to be going from bad to hilarious with TalkTalk, I have just received my final bill..
Which should be for 6 days service and about £3 call charges.

Please remember TalkTalk disconnected my service due to their mistakes, meaning they broke the contract with me, not the other way around.

Please notice NO CHARGES FROM ANY OTHER ACCOUNT THAT TALKTALK SAY WAS OUTSTANDING.

And what is the DEFERED fee for? There is no mention in the small print, I have just checked.

Queue another complaint.

Account holder name: M*** E***** Telephone number: 01803*****3
01803*****2
Account number: 35********
Billing method: Online Bill

Billing date:
Bill summary

Bill number: TT020******* Billing date: 15 Nov 2012
Account number: ************ Direct Debit date: 29 Nov 2012

Previous balance £ 0.00
Payments received £ 0.00
Total adjustments £ 0.00
New charges £ 305.10
Total amount payable including VAT £ 305.10
The amount due this month is £305.10. Don't worry, you don't need to do anything, this payment will be taken automatically by Direct Debit on or immediately after the 29/11/12
Bill breakdown

New charges
Telephone number: 01803*****2
Part month charges
TalkTalk Broadband 16 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 0.00 View Boosts
100 Mobile Minutes Boost 22 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 1.52
TalkTalk Plus 16 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 10.21
TV 19 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 0.00
Line Rental 16 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 10.21
Calling Features Boost 22 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 0.00
Entertainment Extra Boost 19 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 9.08
Privacy Pack 22 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 0.00
Sky Movies Boost 19 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 9.08
Super Safe Boost 16 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 0.00
Total Part month charges £ 40.10
One time charges
Plus Router 16 Oct 12 to 16 Oct 12 £ 0.00
BrightSparks Engineer - TV Install 20 Oct 12 to 20 Oct 12 £ 50.00
YouView Box 20 Oct 12 to 20 Oct 12 £ 0.00
Contract Breakage Fee Waiver 06 Nov 12 to 06 Nov 12 -£ 268.05 CR
Contract Breakage Fee 06 Nov 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 268.05
Connection Charge 16 Oct 12 to 16 Oct 12 £ 0.00
Deferred Fee 07 Nov 12 to 07 Nov 12 £ 200.00
Entertainment Extra Boost Commitment Breakage Fee 07 Nov 12 to 07 Nov 12 £ 5.92
Sky Movies Boost Commitment Breakage Fee 07 Nov 12 to 07 Nov 12 £ 5.92
Total One time charges £ 261.84
Call charges and usage
Call charges and usage 16 Oct 12 to 14 Nov 12 £ 3.16 View Details
Total Call charges and usage £ 3.16
Your TV Usage
Your TV Usage 19 Oct 12 to 14 Nov 12 £ 0.00 View Details
Total Your TV Usage £ 0.00

Total new charges £ 305.10
Total amount payable including VAT £ 305.10
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 17-Nov-12 14:58:53
Print Post

At least you got the Contract Breakage Fee Waived smile. Note that if this hadn't been waived the total bill would be £505, about the amount they originally said you owed.

Other than the £200 Deferred Fee, is everything else OK?

The Deferred Fee must be the amount that TT allege is owed from previously.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 17-Nov-12 16:14:45
Print Post

From the small print

"£200 charge applies for your YouView TV box if you leave in your minimum term"
https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/product/tv

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Sat 17-Nov-12 16:14:56
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
At least you got the Contract Breakage Fee Waived smile. Note that if this hadn't been waived the total bill would be £505, about the amount they originally said you owed.

Other than the £200 Deferred Fee, is everything else OK?

The Deferred Fee must be the amount that TT allege is owed from previously.

haha yea that's something atleast!

No, the bill is completely wrong, I have been charged upto and including the 6th November, when I was actually disconnected on the 22nd October.

There is also the installation fee, which yes, it was installed without problems, I was quite happy... BUT I had 6 days use before talktalk cut me off, so I wont be paying that.

Now, if the defered charge relates to this other 'ghost' account, then that is wrong also, as Talktalk told me the amount owing was just over £500, not £200.

There has been no mention of this £500 since mind you, and no bill produced, or anything provided in writing.

I also note the bill says I am paying by direct debit. I asked Talktalk to delete my direct debit details.

The saga continues!
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Sat 17-Nov-12 16:16:45
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
From the small print

"£200 charge applies for your YouView TV box if you leave in your minimum term"
https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/product/tv

Thank you, I was looking on the paper work provided. No mention there.

SO that is another fee they can refund. They can also send a beg to return the equipment in, I have asked, so far no bag.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to