User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Myth
(committed) Sun 18-Nov-12 07:02:24
Print Post

Re: Something to read if you are considering TalkTalk

[re: noginthenog] [link to this post]

stupid for joining? I'm sure Devonian feels the same way with hindsight.

There are only ever two reasons people consider TalkTalk:

1. The perceived cost
2. No other LLU choice

In theory, theory and practice are identical.....in practice they aren't!
Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Sun 18-Nov-12 07:14:21
Print Post

Long thread.... different opinions tolerated but personal insults are not, no more please.

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

[email protected]
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 18-Nov-12 10:30:55
Print Post

Re: Something to read if you are considering TalkTalk *DELET

A joke too far

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Sun 18-Nov-12 10:41:51
Print Post

[re: Devonian] [link to this post]

You signed up to TalkTalk with your eyes and ears closed yet were expecting AAISP-esque quality phone support for 349 pennies a month. I'm sorry but you deserved everything you got.

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18383/1020 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Sun 18-Nov-12 12:15:07
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
You signed up to TalkTalk with your eyes and ears closed yet were expecting AAISP-esque quality phone support for 349 pennies a month. I'm sorry but you deserved everything you got.

An early contender for "Post of the day"
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Sun 18-Nov-12 12:49:46
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

You know what this is the last post I will be making, and the last time I will visit this website.

I can not understand why there is such a high level of hostility towards me on this thread, it is not only pathetic and uncalled for, but it is incredibly sad also.

Talktalk is a utilities company, that has provided me with shocking service.
This forum is a place to vent my frustration, on a thread I didn't even start.

If you people disagree, that is fine, feel free to say so, then wish me luck and move on.

But why the personal insults?

What is wrong with you people?

I put it down it down to you people being sad old men with far to much time on your hands.
You lot come across as incredibly bitter, with the view of 'my way or the high way'.

You are supposed to be adults, grow up and behave like one instead of hiding behind a key board and spreading your obnoxious bile.
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Sun 18-Nov-12 12:54:59
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:
In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:

An early contender for "Post of the day"

1 last reply cant do any harm.

You are making assumptions about some thing you have no idea about.
I specifically asked the UK based sales at talktalk about te customer service, explicitly telling them I would not deal with a company who uses foreign call centres.
I was told by talktalk they do not use foreign call centres.

I was lied to. More fool me for believing the words of a large company rep, who has signed up to a code of conduct promoting good sales tactics.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Sun 18-Nov-12 13:16:22
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

I don't think he was expecting AAISP level of service. What he wasn't expecting was being cut off 6 days after his service was activated for a supposed debt incurred many months before, that when he contacted them, even though the support people could see something was wrong no-one was prepared to reactivate his account and suggested he loaned TT over £500 with no guarantee that he'd ever get his money back. TalkTalk has a (deserved) reputation for poor support, but what has happened in this case is dreadful and couldn't be expected.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Sun 18-Nov-12 13:22:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by Devonian:
I was told by talktalk they do not use foreign call centres.

And did it not occur to you, perhaps for even a millisecond, that the above statement cannot be true due to the dirt cheap prices TT sell their broadband for? Do you always believe what everyone tells you? BT sales (bless 'em) last year told me that my line was capable of getting 15 meg...this is despite no 21CN at my exchange. I could have signed up to BT broadband (god forbid) and then gone on the BT forums to have a good old rant when my speed was no greater than 8 meg but what would it have achieved? Just accept it, you made a bad error of judgement with TalkTalk. In future, research companies more thoroughly before signing on the dotted line

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18383/1020 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 18-Nov-12 13:27:26
Print Post

The problem being that peoples experiences vary widely.

If the 4 million TalkTalk customers all had the same experience as yours then there would not be four million of them. This is not to say you have not had a bad experience, and faults exist within the way TalkTalk work.

Some of the personal side may have arisen from the confusion caused and the campaign to highlight the issue.

Providers these days draw the same loyalties sometimes as football teams did in the past, particularly if there are loyalty type schemes in place, this was very much the case in the old days of the Tiscali customers.

I'll close this thread now, as you appear happy to that this is a good place to draw a line under the issue. Your service is back with Plusnet, and it is just a case of the formalities working themselves out but at the old world paperwork speed.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to