User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Nov-12 10:34:28
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk are "a bunch of useless morons"

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

With all due respect, you are being very trusting in believing everything this person says. As has been pointed out previously, not everything about his posts completely adds up, to the point where I would like to hear Talktalk's side of the argument before passing judgement. Since he's thrown around threats of legal action, we won't be getting that now.

Oliver.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Nov-12 10:37:02
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes he's written:

Not a single person at TT will even look into this, or try to help, and that includes OCE ADY.

PATHETIC.

Ring the number you say?

Don't you think I have already tried that a dozen times?

And what do I get told?

Write a letter!! WHich I have done, and it was signed for last Wednesday at 10.32am.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User Fenris
(experienced) Thu 01-Nov-12 11:09:54
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk are crooks!

So what, one story we've only heard one side from. Maybe he does owe the £500, who cares. Look at all the mistakes plusnet has made, they're far from perfect. TalkTalk are tons better!

Virgin>freeserve>BTBroadband>ndo>plusnet>IDNet>ZeN>NEWNET>entanet[ukfsn]>>>>>TalkTalk LLU

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Nov-12 11:29:56
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk are crooks!

[re: Fenris] [link to this post]

Just consider this:

If topics such as this had been posted about Plusnet on these forums the Plusnet reps would be all over it like a rash because in spite of the mistakes they sometimes make they do actually care.

So where are the TalkTalk reps in this topic?

Year on year OFCOM report TalkTalk have way more complaints than any other ISP.

I just hope you don't have a slightly unusual issue with your TalkTalk service because then you will find out what they are like. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!

jelv

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Nov-12 11:31:33
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

I rather think the user would like to hear TalkTalk's side of the argument because they are refusing to communicate until he pays the £500 he doesn't owe!

jelv

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 01-Nov-12 11:35:18
Print Post

Usual thing would be to ask to see the bill for the amount owed and then you dispute this.

Going legal generates different results with different companies, but usually does cut off the informal willing to help people.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Nov-12 11:45:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by jelv:
I rather think the user would like to hear TalkTalk's side of the argument because they are refusing to communicate until he pays the £500 he doesn't owe!

Just out of interest, why are you so quick to brand Talktalk "a bunch of crooks" based on the rantings of a complete stranger?

Oliver.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Nov-12 12:00:27
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

I've lost count of the number of times that I've seen posting on the Plusnet forums where TalkTalk make it as difficult as possible if a user decides to leave them to move to Plusnet.

Demanding money in respect of a service they allege was provided to someone months before he was even a TalkTalk customer is fraudulent.

Cutting off his service unless he pays them the money he doesn't owe and only then will they investigate is blackmail.

When you've seen a significant number of posts from someone you get a feel for them - I've no reason to doubt what he's saying. OK he hasn't kept his cool, but that's been under extreme provocation and really ISPs should have people who are able to contain and resolve situations like this.

jelv

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Nov-12 12:19:59
Print Post

Just saying, I probably wouldn't make a libellous statement such as "a bunch of crooks" based one side of the story, which is pretty much all you get when people rant on forums.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Thu 01-Nov-12 12:20:28)

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 01-Nov-12 16:39:55
Print Post

All i would take from this is , this is exactly how not to deal with TalkTalk or for that fact any other ISP or any Support centre for any company .

If you lose your cool on the phone and start getting abusive and threatening expect any call center employees to end the call , there not paid enough to have to deal with abuse and are told to hang up on abusive customers .

The fact the OCE are not willing to deal with this through the normal channel says to me , we are not getting the full story and as said numerous times , it just does not add up .
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to