User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 14:27:17
Print Post

Re: Something to read if you are considering TalkTalk

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

The reason he's going back to Plusnet is because 6 days after his SilenceSilence service was activated (for the first time, he's never been one of their users before) his account was blocked (internet access cut off). SilenceSilence have claimed he owes them over £500 from last November and refused to unblock the line until he pays. It very rapidly became apparent that he'd made a truly awful decision to move to them in the first place so he decided to return to Plusnet with his tail between his legs.

Over two weeks on and SilenceSilence haven't given him copies of any bills and his account is still blocked. The CEO's department haven't responded to a letter sent recorded delivery which was signed for 24th October at 10:32am.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 14:29:01
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

That is a clear allegation that he is being fraudulent - I suggest you retract that statement!

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Tue 06-Nov-12 14:49:23
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Do please read. The fact that they have involved their Fraud department is a clear indication that they suspect fraud of some sort has taken placve. That is just a statement of fact.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User HTTP404
(newbie) Tue 06-Nov-12 16:46:32
Print Post

Sorry - he deliberately gives false contact information - then complains when people don't - can't get in touch with him.

Maybe the £500 debt is from one of the "false" name account he has selected.

Unbelievable.

Edited by HTTP404 (Tue 06-Nov-12 16:51:17)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 06-Nov-12 17:25:37
Print Post

[re: HTTP404] [link to this post]

Before every goes down this path further, I read it as false info when using the online checkers.

If they have given any false information when signing up, then it could create havoc and render any help from external sources invalid.

In short we are all second guessing, some for and some against.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 20:04:35
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Before every goes down this path further, I read it as false info when using the online checkers.

He said "I always use my local taxi firms number... for insurance, banks, everything... lol"

As far as I know, insurance and banks don't have broadband checkers.

Oliver.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 20:06:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by jelv:
That is a clear allegation that he is being fraudulent - I suggest you retract that statement!

I made no allegations, and the statements I made are based on information already posted. Nothing to retract.

Oliver.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Nov-12 06:51:07
Print Post

Defending the undefendable is where you are with this thread , i can guarantee you do not have the truth with regards to what you have been reading on the plusnet forum from this very shady individual .

It was said very early on in this thread that it did not add up and as more information has come to light , its obvious it never will add up whilst only having one version of events from a individual that openly gives fake information .

lets go back to the start of the thread where it was said " the amount owed was so close to a cancellation fee thats what it must be" and end it there .
Standard User noginthenog
(newbie) Wed 07-Nov-12 11:39:39
Print Post

a note to moderators, could this thread be removed? as it has become a slag off talktalk drivel started by jelv on behalf of some very dodgy character. many thanks
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Nov-12 12:04:28
Print Post

[re: noginthenog] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by noginthenog:
could this thread be removed?

I don't see why it should be. Both sides have stated their case, readers can make their own minds up.

Oliver.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to