User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Nov-12 17:37:17
Print Post

Re: Something to read if you are considering TalkTalk

[re: noginthenog] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by noginthenog:
a note to moderators, could this thread be removed? as it has become a slag off talktalk drivel started by jelv on behalf of some very dodgy character. many thanks

Sod that, i want my rant about non TT customers bandwagon jumping in this forum to be there for all to see. grin
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 07-Nov-12 17:52:05
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

So long as people behave within our rules then threads will remain.

We do not remove material just because it is not popular.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Wed 07-Nov-12 19:11:18
Print Post

[re: noginthenog] [link to this post]

I also see no reason to remove the thread. It has been assumed that the poster is lying and people have suggested it's a cancellation charge.

It has been stated over and over that the £500 is from a bill over a year ago when they were apparently not even members of TalkTalk. It has also been stated over and over that it's not the cancellation charge.

Nobody knows the truth however it'll be interesting to keep reading and perhaps find out some more. If the poster is truthful I feel terribly sorry for them.

Mistakes do occur. I was chased for over £1000 on a dual fuel bill when I left. Turned out they had somehow linked my credit report to someone with the same name as myself who lived 100s of miles away. This only occured when the people 100s of miles away went with the same supplier and didn't pay... I got the debt collection letters etc. Everybody was telling me it was money owed from when I was with the company but I knew they were wrong.

EDIT: Just read the full story over on plusnet forum. Sounds awful and it's pretty appalling. TalkTalk are just not helping enough. Fraud or not their should be better responses that are fully detailed. I doubt the user is committing any fraud here. & I would be going absolutely insane with this. I would be bannering / placarding outside the head office building and hurling abuse left right & centre.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Wed 07-Nov-12 19:23:19)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Nov-12 13:30:28
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Nobody knows the truth

Agreed.

Oliver.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-Nov-12 17:55:08
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

It's now a week since this posting on the TalkTalk members forum:
Hi Devonian,

as the Fraud team haven't contacted you I have passed this to the CEO team. You will be contacted within 5 working days.

Perhaps someone who has access to those forums could ask if the promise to contact the user within 5 working days has been kept and that this issue has been resolved as I'm sure we'd all be interested in seeing the outcome.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Tue 13-Nov-12 18:44:38
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

I have just been pointed towards this post, and after reading so rather rude comments about myself, I would like to set the story straight, as it were.

I have been a customer with PlusNet for at least 2 years, subscribing to a phone line/rental/broadband deal.
Towards the end of september 2012, I heard my price was about to rise, so, as I had thought about an IPTV service, it was the ideal time to move on.

I phoned TalkTalk, the guy went through the sign up process, and did a credit check whilst I was on the phone, which I passed.
He then gave the migration date.

Migration date came and went, everything went swimmingly.
6 days later, I switched on my PC, to have a message pop up telling me my service was resricted.
I picked up the phone, and found that was to.

I phoned talktalk, and here the story begins.
I am connected to a call centre in India. The person didnt understand a word I was saying, and hung up.
I phoned back, this time I actually got through the security questions, and was told 'nope your accont is not blocked' and hung up on.
I phoned back again... and was told another story.

This went on for nearly 2 hours.

Beginning to get annoyed I asked for a manager. I was told my account was being handled by a special dept. so the manager would not speak to me.

My ears pricked up and I asked which dept.. and eventually I was told the fraud dept.
I asked what the problem was, the person told me I had left a £500 bill when I cancelled my account last year.

I told the person that it is obviously a mistake, as I have never been a talktalk customer before, and whats more I can prove I was a PlusNet customer for the whole on 2011.

I was given a number to phone.

I phoned the number, I had a recorded message play that said they didn't take calls from customers, and to call customer service.
I phoned customer service, explained, they told me to ring the number and hung up.

That, is as far as I have got.

I emailed a complaint, and asked for evidence of the outstanding bill, I had a reply saying they couldn't provide the bill at the moment, but to pay £500 and they will then look into my complaint.

I then phoned TalkTalk again... and was told to pay £500 then claim it back.

I have spent hours and hours on the phone, nobody has even tried to help.

So I then turned to the forum, I post a thread. No answer for days.
I start to get very annoyed, post another thread, get an answer.. the answer says phone us.
Obviously the person had not read anything I put.

I make another thread, again days go by before I get another 'phone us' reply.

I contacted Ofcom, who advised me of the complaints procedure, and told me to send a registered letter to the CEO office.
2 weeks ago the letter was signed for.

So far I have had no reply.

Last week an OCE at the talktalk forum said they had past my complaint to the CEO office, and promised a reply within 5 days.
Its been over 5 days, and no response.

Now, I DO NOT OWE TALK TALK A PENNY.
I HAVE NOT PARTICIPATED IN ANY FRAUD.
I AM NOT A (quote) SHADY CHARACTER

Yes there are lots of information missing, what I have put is a brief summary of FACTS.

With regards to the phone number issue as mentioned by a shady character on here, obviously trying to discredit me for personal gain, I always use a false number when gaining insurance quotes etc, to stop nuisance sales calls, that is all.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 13-Nov-12 20:29:40
Print Post

[re: Devonian] [link to this post]

So you are not also in the process of trying to migrate back to Plusnet?

On using false numbers for insurance quotes, if the same false number is logged as part of the policy you may find the company declare the policy void if you make a claim. Insurance companies often look for reasons to not pay out.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Tue 13-Nov-12 21:04:42
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for replying mate.

Regards the phone numbers, as I stated, I use a false number for quotes, and only quotes, obviously my correct number is used for active accounts, hope fully that is now put to bed.

I migrated back to Plus Net today, although I have no idea what bearing that has on this whole saga?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 13-Nov-12 21:19:37
Print Post

[re: Devonian] [link to this post]

There was some debate as to the timing of the start of the move back to Plusnet and the debt closely matched what the early exit fee from the contract would be

Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Tue 13-Nov-12 21:29:19
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ahh ok I got you.

I phoned PlusNet to move back AFTER talktalk found this fictitious bill.

May I also add, talktalk would not have opened an account and gave me credit if this bill was already in existance and registered to my name and/or address.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to