User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Mon 22-Oct-12 18:06:14
Print Post

Something to read if you are considering TalkTalk

[link to this post]

Have a read of this tale if you are thinking of taking broadband from TalkTalk:

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1085...

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Mon 22-Oct-12 18:35:24
Print Post

Re: Something to read if you are considering TalkTalk

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
Have a read of this tale if you are thinking of taking broadband from TalkTalk:

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1085...

The part about them not issuing a MAC code is incorrect as the MAC process doesn't apply to fully unbundled LLU (FMPF)

But only on the BT wholesale and Partial LLU (SMPF) ADSL only (LLU)

They would have to cancel all services from tt ,and have the line re connected to the BT wholesale system (return to donor) by placing the order for a line with bt ,

Unless they wanted to switch to sky and assuming sky LLU is available to them, they i believe from posts on here can switch customers from tt to their llu kit , would still be a fully unbundled though, so if they in the future wanted to switch isp or telephony provider they would have to place the return to donor order with bt

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 22-Oct-12 19:52:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by woweebert:
A warning for the future , asking TalkTalk to do things outside there scripted automated systems at your own risk , avoid using the phone when dealing with TalkTalk the members forum works much better , not instant but dealt with in most cases .

Budget broadband with budget support , that's why its so ridiculously cheap .

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________

Edited by BatBoy (Mon 22-Oct-12 19:53:41)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 22-Oct-12 20:22:50
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

No need to return to BT, any WLR3 provider should be able to do the sim provide to reconnect the customer when coming off of full LLU. Some refuse as it is a little more paperwork than a simple gain

Also the talktalk full LLU to Sky full LLU is pretty simple, just order from Sky and take it from there

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 23-Oct-12 14:40:18
Print Post

Totally unbelievable what a bunch of crooks TalkTalk are; they are still demanding that he pays the £500 that one of their reps has admitted he doesn't owe before they will unblock his line!

jelv

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 23-Oct-12 14:43:45
Print Post

One of their reps obviously failed to pass the message on.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Wed 24-Oct-12 16:55:51
Print Post

Totally unbelievable what a bunch of crooks TalkTalk are; they are still demanding that he pays the £500 that one of their reps has admitted he doesn't owe before they will unblock his line!

I have a feeling this person is being charged the price for leaving an 18 month contract, one week in. Talktalk Plus TV is £29 a month on an 18 month contract. £29 x 18 = £522.

Oliver.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 24-Oct-12 17:23:29
Print Post

TalkTalk are crooks!

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

That's not it.

The £500 is being demanded to unblock his line. It was only after they made this (insert your own expletive) demand that he decided to leave!

They've told him he ran up the bill last December - that was long, long before he moved to TalkTalk.

In addition:
1 lady admitted an error setting up the account, saying it seems my account was wrongly linked to another account, but she said she could do nothing about it and the only dept that could help are the fraud dept..... BUT they don't take calls from customers and I have to WRITE A LETTER to them!!!!!!

TalkTalk have also suggested that he pays the £500 and they'll refund it when it's sorted out. How many people have a spare £500 to loan to a supplier not knowing when (or if!) it would be refunded?

There's no two ways about it: TalkTalk are crooks.

jelv

Edited by jelv (Wed 24-Oct-12 17:25:20)

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Wed 24-Oct-12 18:14:07
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk are crooks!

The £500 is being demanded to unblock his line.

I suppose, technically, as he's leaving for Plusnet, he's invoked the early termination fees. The figure seems spot on, £570. ( £29 x 18 ) + £50 = £572.

He may have been told the figure was because he ran up a large bill last November, but the amount is too close to his early termination fee amount to be a coincidence.

So if he wants to get reactivated with Talktalk he needs to clear his old debts first. If he lets his move to Plusnet continue, so be it, but the £570 debt still stands.

Oliver.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 24-Oct-12 20:49:21
Print Post

You really don't get it!

He only told TalkTalk he wanted to leave AFTER they demanded £500.

Lets make one thing absolutely clear - none of his services were with TalkTalk until around a month ago - he does not owe them £500, they've cocked up and are blackmailing him for £500 to remove the block imposed as a result of their cockup.

jelv

Edited by jelv (Wed 24-Oct-12 20:52:32)

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Wed 24-Oct-12 21:07:35
Print Post

From what he's written so far, that's not clear.

Lets make one thing absolutely clear - none of his services were with TalkTalk until around a month ago - he does not owe them £500

If someone joins Talktalk on an 18 month contract and leaves after a week, they are liable for the costs arising from the remainder of the contract. His posts make it quite clear he's placed an order for Plusnet, which will trigger the early termination fees at Talktalk.

So even if the first amount of £570 is a completely different issue (which I doubt), he most certainly will owe Talktalk £570 for the remainder of his contract when Plusnet take over his services.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Wed 24-Oct-12 21:09:11)

Standard User Futaura
(committed) Wed 24-Oct-12 22:46:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by Oliver341:

From what he's written so far, that's not clear.

For what it's worth, I agree - there is a lack of detail on that other thread, and so much of the detail actually given is out of context. It's hard to make any real conclusions without all the facts. From the OP's posts on TTMF, it would appear he has had several altercations with the TT telephone support, and it could well be that his service was cancelled. I don't quite get why you would switch to a new ISP and research them after you've joined them, which is what the OP did, and indeed switch to TT because PN put their price up, but not phone PN up first to see if they can offer a better deal (they apparently later initiated a call to the OP after the TT order had been made, offering a deal cheaper than the price paid before the price rise - doh!). So much of what has been written just doesn't add up.

Also, IMHO, the suggestion to spam all the forums about this issue is not going to help - not to mention being embarrassing if it turns out the OP was at fault, although from the look of all the posts elsewhere, I don't think embarrassment will be an issue smile.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Wed 24-Oct-12 23:24:34
Print Post

[re: Futaura] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Futaura:
Also, IMHO, the suggestion to spam all the forums about this issue is not going to help - not to mention being embarrassing if it turns out the OP was at fault, although from the look of all the posts elsewhere, I don't think embarrassment will be an issue smile.

What will be an issue is trying to get some kind of amicable settlement after repeatedly calling Talktalk staff members "morons" on their own forum. After that, he can be pretty sure that Talktalk will chase every penny of the £570 early termination charge.

Oliver.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 25-Oct-12 00:55:11
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk are crooks! or are they ?

I agree , it don't add up and details are very light in the OP threads , as has been said already the amount is so close to what you would have to pay if canceling early it has to be that .
And doing the reading between the lines and as its obvious the OP wants people on his side , a little spin on the truth goes a long way whilst trolling about a early termination fee .

Anyway if the OP is telling the truth they will have TalkTalk banged to rights in any small claims court in the land and should recoup expenses and costs and inconvenience to make a nice payout and if done properly , very worth while taking a company to court when they mess up so bad .

But if the OP does not have it right and it is indeed a early termination fee as they got offered a better deal by Plusnet after joining TalkTalk so went straight back , they will get a new one tore for them by the TalkTalk brief and may well have to pay TalkTalks costs and expenses . not a good day at court .

If all of this happened with in the cooling down period i would take them to court what ever the truth is .

Edited by woweebert (Thu 25-Oct-12 02:06:32)

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 31-Oct-12 17:48:14
Print Post

TalkTalk are "a bunch of useless morons"

This saga is still going: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1085...

His account is still blocked and he can't get anyone to investigate.

(and before anyone complains about the subject of this post it's in quotes because it's a direct quote from the linked post)

jelv

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 31-Oct-12 20:27:41
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk are "a bunch of useless morons"

Reading the first post in the thread it is not clear at all what is going on and switching around like this pretty much always causes problems.

Have attempted to help in cases like this but the times when you dig and a nugget of crucial information is missing that explains the issue, means I tend to leave it to those paid a lot more to handle these affairs

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Wed 31-Oct-12 23:05:04
Print Post

His account is still blocked and he can't get anyone to investigate.

OCE's aren't going to touch this now, since he's threatened legal action, quite aside of him calling them useless morons.

(and before anyone complains about the subject of this post it's in quotes because it's a direct quote from the linked post)

A good sign of how badly he has handled this.

Oliver.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Nov-12 01:06:10
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Basically TalkTalk are claiming he owes them £500 from November 2011 when he only signed up to them at the beginning of October this year.

They've blocked his account and pretty much refusing to talk to him. All they keep saying is "pay us the £500 and we'll credit your account when it's sorted out" (some TalkTalk staff have admitted that he doesn't owe the £500 but they can't do anything about it).

Would you trust them to give him the refund in a timely manner? (That's assuming he's got a spare £500 to loan to TalkTalk!)

Because of the cock-up he said he wanted out and to return to Plusnet (he only said that AFTER they'd demanded the money so the £500 is nothing to do with cancellation fees) . He's totally blocked and can't make any progress.

jelv

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Nov-12 01:07:03
Print Post

Given the [censored] they've given him are you surprised that he's at the end of his tether?

jelv

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 01-Nov-12 09:37:12
Print Post

Has the person in question actually took some independent advice or written the letter confirming their details and that they had not had service?

The advantage of this is that for both parties it creates a paper trial, as anyone can claim anything online, but a letter sent can help to clear up these issues.

From what I can see the person is stuck in a cycle that probably can only be broken with a formal letter, that avoids any form of ranting.

Citizens Advice people would be a much better bet too.

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Nov-12 10:34:28
Print Post

With all due respect, you are being very trusting in believing everything this person says. As has been pointed out previously, not everything about his posts completely adds up, to the point where I would like to hear Talktalk's side of the argument before passing judgement. Since he's thrown around threats of legal action, we won't be getting that now.

Oliver.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Nov-12 10:37:02
Print Post

Yes he's written:

Not a single person at TT will even look into this, or try to help, and that includes OCE ADY.

PATHETIC.

Ring the number you say?

Don't you think I have already tried that a dozen times?

And what do I get told?

Write a letter!! WHich I have done, and it was signed for last Wednesday at 10.32am.

jelv

Standard User Fenris
(experienced) Thu 01-Nov-12 11:09:54
Print Post

So what, one story we've only heard one side from. Maybe he does owe the £500, who cares. Look at all the mistakes plusnet has made, they're far from perfect. TalkTalk are tons better!

Virgin>freeserve>BTBroadband>ndo>plusnet>IDNet>ZeN>NEWNET>entanet[ukfsn]>>>>>TalkTalk LLU
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Nov-12 11:29:56
Print Post

[re: Fenris] [link to this post]

Just consider this:

If topics such as this had been posted about Plusnet on these forums the Plusnet reps would be all over it like a rash because in spite of the mistakes they sometimes make they do actually care.

So where are the TalkTalk reps in this topic?

Year on year OFCOM report TalkTalk have way more complaints than any other ISP.

I just hope you don't have a slightly unusual issue with your TalkTalk service because then you will find out what they are like. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!

jelv

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Nov-12 11:31:33
Print Post

I rather think the user would like to hear TalkTalk's side of the argument because they are refusing to communicate until he pays the £500 he doesn't owe!

jelv

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 01-Nov-12 11:35:18
Print Post

Usual thing would be to ask to see the bill for the amount owed and then you dispute this.

Going legal generates different results with different companies, but usually does cut off the informal willing to help people.

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Nov-12 11:45:38
Print Post

I rather think the user would like to hear TalkTalk's side of the argument because they are refusing to communicate until he pays the £500 he doesn't owe!

Just out of interest, why are you so quick to brand Talktalk "a bunch of crooks" based on the rantings of a complete stranger?

Oliver.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Nov-12 12:00:27
Print Post

I've lost count of the number of times that I've seen posting on the Plusnet forums where TalkTalk make it as difficult as possible if a user decides to leave them to move to Plusnet.

Demanding money in respect of a service they allege was provided to someone months before he was even a TalkTalk customer is fraudulent.

Cutting off his service unless he pays them the money he doesn't owe and only then will they investigate is blackmail.

When you've seen a significant number of posts from someone you get a feel for them - I've no reason to doubt what he's saying. OK he hasn't kept his cool, but that's been under extreme provocation and really ISPs should have people who are able to contain and resolve situations like this.

jelv

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Nov-12 12:19:59
Print Post

Just saying, I probably wouldn't make a libellous statement such as "a bunch of crooks" based one side of the story, which is pretty much all you get when people rant on forums.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Thu 01-Nov-12 12:20:28)

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 01-Nov-12 16:39:55
Print Post

All i would take from this is , this is exactly how not to deal with TalkTalk or for that fact any other ISP or any Support centre for any company .

If you lose your cool on the phone and start getting abusive and threatening expect any call center employees to end the call , there not paid enough to have to deal with abuse and are told to hang up on abusive customers .

The fact the OCE are not willing to deal with this through the normal channel says to me , we are not getting the full story and as said numerous times , it just does not add up .
Standard User Abe01
(member) Sat 03-Nov-12 08:34:04
Print Post

Just consider this:

If topics such as this had been posted about Plusnet on these forums the Plusnet reps would be all over it like a rash because in spite of the mistakes they sometimes make they do actually care.

I just hope you don't have a slightly unusual issue with your TalkTalk service because then you will find out what they are like. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!

How would you know, you've never been a talktalk customer? For your information i've had a few issues with my line and my broadband connection and they've all been sorted within a few days. One of them i had to complain about but as soon as they understood the problem it was sorted.
Why is it the only people who find the time to moan about talktalk on this forum seem to be those who have never used them...........or have you?
Standard User Jack_Hackett
(knowledge is power) Sat 03-Nov-12 10:41:18
Print Post

[re: Abe01] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Abe01:
Just consider this:

How would you know, you've never been a talktalk customer? For your information i've had a few issues with my line and my broadband connection and they've all been sorted within a few days. One of them i had to complain about but as soon as they understood the problem it was sorted.
Why is it the only people who find the time to moan about talktalk on this forum seem to be those who have never used them...........or have you?

This has been said many times in this forum, i call them the bandwagon jumpers.

I have been a TT customer for several years and have only had two problems in all that time, the first was a couple of years ago when my speeds dropped, it turned out to be a problem at the exchange and was sorted quickly, the second happened recently, i lost phone and BB at midnight, i used my mobile phone to report it and i received a text to say they had received my report and i would be informed as soon as they knew what the problem was, at 7 am when i checked my phone I had two texts to say the engineer was looking into my problem then one later to say they had found it and it was fixed, i turned the modem on and all was well.

I am more than happy with customer support.

Would this be something to do with the fact TT have more than 4 million customers, and the fact they have a website for customers to report problems which non customers can read, i am sure they could make it invisible to non customers but they choose to wash their dirty laundry in public, if they didn't there would be a lot less bandwagon jumpers in forums like this.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 03-Nov-12 15:46:34
Print Post

[re: Jack_Hackett] [link to this post]

Well you know i am all over the fact that the biggest complainers on this forum are never actually TalkTalk customers and in most cases have never been a TalkTalk customer .

This was a real struggle on this forum for many years as TalkTalk rightly had a terrible reputation but allot of what was being posted was more to do with TalkTalk past and not actually what TalkTalk are like now .

I lost count of the amount of poster that assumed TalkTalk LLU was congested and the connections were unstable and its only now that more people have actually joined TalkTalk and know this to be complete untruths but still you see those untruths being posted and always by people who don't actually know as they are not TalkTalk customers .

I'm not going to defend their Support as its not particularly good , especially the telephone support but it is adequate if you're happy using these automated systems and the forum , the support level is directly linked to what they charge for the product .
The constantly low customer satisfaction score is almost definitely due to their telephone support being complete Tosh , as i don't use the telephone whilst dealing with TalkTalk , its not a problem for me .

Edited by woweebert (Sat 03-Nov-12 15:49:35)

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Sun 04-Nov-12 11:50:32
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

If you are suggesting that the person with the issue here should be using online support that's a bit difficult when they've blocked his account and he can't connect through them!

jelv

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 04-Nov-12 11:56:01
Print Post

Can't he just get another line installed and go with Plusnet?

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Sun 04-Nov-12 15:50:51
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

He is doing just that!

jelv

Standard User noginthenog
(newbie) Mon 05-Nov-12 10:52:07
Print Post

As a current TalkTalk subscriber and ex Plusnet customer i can inform you that the person in question is not blocked on the forums i would be careful jelv fighting other peoples battles without full knowledge is foolish the matter is being looked into and tbh i would not want him as a customer
Standard User HTTP404
(newbie) Mon 05-Nov-12 13:58:17
Print Post

Jelv - well apart from the fact that you are totally believing one side of the story - when you haven't heard the other ...

How does you friend think that hectoring, bullying, spamming, trolling, insulting and threatening will ever encourage anyone to co-operate with him and get his problem solved.

A course in anger management and negotiating skills would have had this issue solved a long time ago.

It sounds like he is his own worst enemy.

But just my opinion.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Nov-12 17:13:03
Print Post

[re: HTTP404] [link to this post]

I'd love to see TalkTalk's side of the story - so would he!

Perhaps to company name should be changed to IgnoreIgnore!

jelv

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 05-Nov-12 17:15:25
Print Post

But if he really is being obnoxious then ignoring him is the best solution.

(newbie) Mon 05-Nov-12 18:40:30
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

jelv is he returning to plusnet as a business user? it seems his business relies on a reliable internet service so why subscribe to TalkTalk as a residential user? who is the crook?
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Nov-12 19:46:58
Print Post

[re: noginthenog] [link to this post]

Could you post me a link to where you got that from please?

jelv

Standard User epyon
(experienced) Mon 05-Nov-12 21:08:26
Print Post

my 2nd line has been with talktalk nearly 3 years with 3 home moves

still no problems yet.

BTInfinity - Aberdeen denburn (110m) from cab

My Broadband Speed Test
(newbie) Mon 05-Nov-12 21:44:53
Print Post

he let it slip he has a business isp at work is self employed and carries out business at home address which apparently is allowed on the contract? im tiring of this will not post link to tt forum maybe you can ask him yourself when he returns to plusnet he truly sounds like an odious person good luck with him
(newbie) Mon 05-Nov-12 22:47:19
Print Post

for what it is worth jelv loyalty to an ISP is one thing, slagging off other providers another .Akin to a virgin giving sex tips? Plusnet BT are angelic in their customer service fair play
(newbie) Tue 06-Nov-12 00:19:57
Print Post

please stop and desist baiting people please pretty please with cherry on top
(newbie) Tue 06-Nov-12 00:28:20
Print Post

you are Devonian? you love Devonian there is said it!!!!! I'm Spartacus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 09:58:44
Print Post

Perhaps you should pass on that thought to some of the people who post in the Plusnet forum!

jelv

(newbie) Tue 06-Nov-12 11:37:39
Print Post

a post from this clown on plusnet forum

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1082...

« Reply #13 on 05/10/2012, 19:10 »
Quote from: PlusComUK on 05/10/2012, 18:49

Learning from experience, I never use my correct phone number, nor postcode

Just made up ones nearby.

I always use my local taxi firms number... for insurance, banks, everything... lol

says it all really!
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 12:11:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by noginthenog:
says it all really!

He signs up with other peoples details and gets surprised when billing issues arise? Umm, yeah.

Oliver.
Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Tue 06-Nov-12 12:15:05
Print Post

THe story of this poster rely does not add up. He should have copies of any bills if not ask them to supply copies of the bills.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 12:20:06
Print Post

[re: Bob_s2] [link to this post]

He'd only been with them a matter of days when this all blew up so bills plural should not come in to it. He has asked for the bill(s) to prove the £500 debt, SilenceSilence have not obliged!

jelv

Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Tue 06-Nov-12 12:20:11
Print Post

So ask Tthem to send copies of the bill. They should legally have to provide them if a bill is disputed.

If they refuse to do this you should ask them to invoke their formal compaints procedure. if no resolution is reached at the end of the formal compaints procedure it can be escalated to OFCOM.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 12:21:06
Print Post

He's doing just that.

jelv

Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Tue 06-Nov-12 12:21:34
Print Post

Bills will come into it. They are claiming he owes them £500 so there has to be a bill that they should be able to produce.
Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Tue 06-Nov-12 12:25:59
Print Post

THat would not suprise me.Many people sign upfor long term contrascts because the price is attractive but they then expect to walk away without penalty when a cheaper offer comes along.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 12:28:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by Bob_s2:
they then expect to walk away without penalty when a cheaper offer comes along.

And in this case it did, when Plusnet offered him an improved deal after he left them, which he has accepted.

Oliver.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 12:34:23
Print Post

And another thing, he's shown a clear aversion to Direct Debit, instead preferring to deal with credit cards. And he's dealing with Talktalk's fraud department. Make of that what you will.

Oliver.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 12:37:12
Print Post

That's why I said "should not". He has asked them to prove the debt. The fact that they have failed to do so says a lot!

jelv

Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Tue 06-Nov-12 13:17:48
Print Post

THe story is inconsistant and he apear to be having to deal with their Fraud Department which suggest that they belive a fraud has taken place.. I woulg guess that if they are not getting a resolution to this that they will be passing it onto the police.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 14:27:17
Print Post

The reason he's going back to Plusnet is because 6 days after his SilenceSilence service was activated (for the first time, he's never been one of their users before) his account was blocked (internet access cut off). SilenceSilence have claimed he owes them over £500 from last November and refused to unblock the line until he pays. It very rapidly became apparent that he'd made a truly awful decision to move to them in the first place so he decided to return to Plusnet with his tail between his legs.

Over two weeks on and SilenceSilence haven't given him copies of any bills and his account is still blocked. The CEO's department haven't responded to a letter sent recorded delivery which was signed for 24th October at 10:32am.

jelv

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 14:29:01
Print Post

That is a clear allegation that he is being fraudulent - I suggest you retract that statement!

jelv

Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Tue 06-Nov-12 14:49:23
Print Post

Do please read. The fact that they have involved their Fraud department is a clear indication that they suspect fraud of some sort has taken placve. That is just a statement of fact.
Standard User HTTP404
(newbie) Tue 06-Nov-12 16:46:32
Print Post

Sorry - he deliberately gives false contact information - then complains when people don't - can't get in touch with him.

Maybe the £500 debt is from one of the "false" name account he has selected.

Unbelievable.

Edited by HTTP404 (Tue 06-Nov-12 16:51:17)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 06-Nov-12 17:25:37
Print Post

[re: HTTP404] [link to this post]

Before every goes down this path further, I read it as false info when using the online checkers.

If they have given any false information when signing up, then it could create havoc and render any help from external sources invalid.

In short we are all second guessing, some for and some against.

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 20:04:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Before every goes down this path further, I read it as false info when using the online checkers.

He said "I always use my local taxi firms number... for insurance, banks, everything... lol"

As far as I know, insurance and banks don't have broadband checkers.

Oliver.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 20:06:02
Print Post

That is a clear allegation that he is being fraudulent - I suggest you retract that statement!

I made no allegations, and the statements I made are based on information already posted. Nothing to retract.

Oliver.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Nov-12 06:51:07
Print Post

Defending the undefendable is where you are with this thread , i can guarantee you do not have the truth with regards to what you have been reading on the plusnet forum from this very shady individual .

It was said very early on in this thread that it did not add up and as more information has come to light , its obvious it never will add up whilst only having one version of events from a individual that openly gives fake information .

lets go back to the start of the thread where it was said " the amount owed was so close to a cancellation fee thats what it must be" and end it there .
(newbie) Wed 07-Nov-12 11:39:39
Print Post

a note to moderators, could this thread be removed? as it has become a slag off talktalk drivel started by jelv on behalf of some very dodgy character. many thanks
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Nov-12 12:04:28
Print Post

could this thread be removed?

I don't see why it should be. Both sides have stated their case, readers can make their own minds up.

Oliver.
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Nov-12 17:37:17
Print Post

a note to moderators, could this thread be removed? as it has become a slag off talktalk drivel started by jelv on behalf of some very dodgy character. many thanks

Sod that, i want my rant about non TT customers bandwagon jumping in this forum to be there for all to see. grin
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 07-Nov-12 17:52:05
Print Post

So long as people behave within our rules then threads will remain.

We do not remove material just because it is not popular.

Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Wed 07-Nov-12 19:11:18
Print Post

I also see no reason to remove the thread. It has been assumed that the poster is lying and people have suggested it's a cancellation charge.

It has been stated over and over that the £500 is from a bill over a year ago when they were apparently not even members of TalkTalk. It has also been stated over and over that it's not the cancellation charge.

Nobody knows the truth however it'll be interesting to keep reading and perhaps find out some more. If the poster is truthful I feel terribly sorry for them.

Mistakes do occur. I was chased for over £1000 on a dual fuel bill when I left. Turned out they had somehow linked my credit report to someone with the same name as myself who lived 100s of miles away. This only occured when the people 100s of miles away went with the same supplier and didn't pay... I got the debt collection letters etc. Everybody was telling me it was money owed from when I was with the company but I knew they were wrong.

EDIT: Just read the full story over on plusnet forum. Sounds awful and it's pretty appalling. TalkTalk are just not helping enough. Fraud or not their should be better responses that are fully detailed. I doubt the user is committing any fraud here. & I would be going absolutely insane with this. I would be bannering / placarding outside the head office building and hurling abuse left right & centre.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Wed 07-Nov-12 19:23:19)

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Nov-12 13:30:28
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Nobody knows the truth

Agreed.

Oliver.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-Nov-12 17:55:08
Print Post

It's now a week since this posting on the TalkTalk members forum:
Hi Devonian,

as the Fraud team haven't contacted you I have passed this to the CEO team. You will be contacted within 5 working days.

Perhaps someone who has access to those forums could ask if the promise to contact the user within 5 working days has been kept and that this issue has been resolved as I'm sure we'd all be interested in seeing the outcome.

jelv

Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Tue 13-Nov-12 18:44:38
Print Post

I have just been pointed towards this post, and after reading so rather rude comments about myself, I would like to set the story straight, as it were.

I have been a customer with PlusNet for at least 2 years, subscribing to a phone line/rental/broadband deal.
Towards the end of september 2012, I heard my price was about to rise, so, as I had thought about an IPTV service, it was the ideal time to move on.

I phoned TalkTalk, the guy went through the sign up process, and did a credit check whilst I was on the phone, which I passed.
He then gave the migration date.

Migration date came and went, everything went swimmingly.
6 days later, I switched on my PC, to have a message pop up telling me my service was resricted.
I picked up the phone, and found that was to.

I phoned talktalk, and here the story begins.
I am connected to a call centre in India. The person didnt understand a word I was saying, and hung up.
I phoned back, this time I actually got through the security questions, and was told 'nope your accont is not blocked' and hung up on.
I phoned back again... and was told another story.

This went on for nearly 2 hours.

Beginning to get annoyed I asked for a manager. I was told my account was being handled by a special dept. so the manager would not speak to me.

My ears pricked up and I asked which dept.. and eventually I was told the fraud dept.
I asked what the problem was, the person told me I had left a £500 bill when I cancelled my account last year.

I told the person that it is obviously a mistake, as I have never been a talktalk customer before, and whats more I can prove I was a PlusNet customer for the whole on 2011.

I was given a number to phone.

I phoned the number, I had a recorded message play that said they didn't take calls from customers, and to call customer service.
I phoned customer service, explained, they told me to ring the number and hung up.

That, is as far as I have got.

I emailed a complaint, and asked for evidence of the outstanding bill, I had a reply saying they couldn't provide the bill at the moment, but to pay £500 and they will then look into my complaint.

I then phoned TalkTalk again... and was told to pay £500 then claim it back.

I have spent hours and hours on the phone, nobody has even tried to help.

So I then turned to the forum, I post a thread. No answer for days.
I start to get very annoyed, post another thread, get an answer.. the answer says phone us.
Obviously the person had not read anything I put.

I make another thread, again days go by before I get another 'phone us' reply.

I contacted Ofcom, who advised me of the complaints procedure, and told me to send a registered letter to the CEO office.
2 weeks ago the letter was signed for.

So far I have had no reply.

Last week an OCE at the talktalk forum said they had past my complaint to the CEO office, and promised a reply within 5 days.
Its been over 5 days, and no response.

Now, I DO NOT OWE TALK TALK A PENNY.
I HAVE NOT PARTICIPATED IN ANY FRAUD.
I AM NOT A (quote) SHADY CHARACTER

Yes there are lots of information missing, what I have put is a brief summary of FACTS.

With regards to the phone number issue as mentioned by a shady character on here, obviously trying to discredit me for personal gain, I always use a false number when gaining insurance quotes etc, to stop nuisance sales calls, that is all.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 13-Nov-12 20:29:40
Print Post

[re: Devonian] [link to this post]

So you are not also in the process of trying to migrate back to Plusnet?

On using false numbers for insurance quotes, if the same false number is logged as part of the policy you may find the company declare the policy void if you make a claim. Insurance companies often look for reasons to not pay out.

Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Tue 13-Nov-12 21:04:42
Print Post

Thanks for replying mate.

Regards the phone numbers, as I stated, I use a false number for quotes, and only quotes, obviously my correct number is used for active accounts, hope fully that is now put to bed.

I migrated back to Plus Net today, although I have no idea what bearing that has on this whole saga?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 13-Nov-12 21:19:37
Print Post

There was some debate as to the timing of the start of the move back to Plusnet and the debt closely matched what the early exit fee from the contract would be

Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Tue 13-Nov-12 21:29:19
Print Post

Ahh ok I got you.

I phoned PlusNet to move back AFTER talktalk found this fictitious bill.

May I also add, talktalk would not have opened an account and gave me credit if this bill was already in existance and registered to my name and/or address.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-Nov-12 22:56:03
Print Post

Correction:
In reply to a post by Devonian:
I phoned PlusNet to move back AFTER talktalk found this fictitious bill.

... and cut off the phone and internet.

jelv

Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Tue 13-Nov-12 23:14:49
Print Post

I forgot to mention that bit!
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 13-Nov-12 23:28:01
Print Post

I always use a false number when gaining insurance quotes etc, to stop nuisance sales calls, that is all.
That's fine! I do the same for online quotes for the same reason. Obviously, when I buy an actual product/policy I give my real details so they can contact me, as do you.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
(newbie) Wed 14-Nov-12 00:35:54
Print Post

Re: Something to read if you are considering TalkTalk *DELETED*

Post deleted by MrSaffron
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Wed 14-Nov-12 00:45:25
Print Post

What the hell?

I'm done with this forum.

Key board warriors [censored] me off.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 14-Nov-12 09:38:01
Print Post

Re: Something to read if you are considering TalkTalk *DELET

Stick to the issues not the personal jibes

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Nov-12 15:13:55
Print Post

It just gets more farcical (my bold in the quote)!
FINALLY!
A letter from the talktalk CEO office.

The complaints manager has tried to contact me... on the very number they disconnected.... so was unable to get through... surprisingly.
Any way she has given me a 0330 number to call her back.

She said she is very concerned about the seriousness of my complaint, and would like to put things right WITH OUT further regulator involvement.

Funny that.

I have just rang the number, and got through.... to voice mail!!

jelv

Standard User Futaura
(committed) Wed 14-Nov-12 18:56:52
Print Post

That's all very well, but surely they would have also called the alternative contact number assigned to the account (which you are asked for when signing up)? If one was not given then how does the OP expect contact to be made? Again, without knowing all the details, it is hard to say anything either way.
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Wed 14-Nov-12 18:59:46
Print Post

[re: Futaura] [link to this post]

Yes they have my mobile number, no it has not rang.
Standard User moggy68
(learned) Wed 14-Nov-12 22:45:29
Print Post

After reading your post, does not surprise me at all, been with them for over 4 years, great company to be with until you get a problem!
Once you get a problem just leave as it is easier than dealing with TalkTalk there helplines & customer services are USELESS!
More people leaving them, than any other ISP.....

Regards

Moggy smile
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Wed 14-Nov-12 23:38:36
Print Post

[re: moggy68] [link to this post]

Thank you Moggy. smile
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Nov-12 23:42:42
Print Post

Rather out of time:
In reply to a post by moggy68:
More people leaving them, than any other ISP.....
TT just had it's strongest quarter for new customers and reducing churn: Turning point for TalkTalk

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User moggy68
(learned) Wed 14-Nov-12 23:58:12
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

It will not last, as the country gets deeper into resession, people have less money, so prob going with Talk Talk as they are cheap! But they will learn the hard way, like I have.....
There was a tv prog about them few months ago, more complaints than any other ISP,

Regards

Moggy smile
(newbie) Thu 15-Nov-12 00:21:43
Print Post

i am sick to death of you talktalk wingers you are just being obnoxious they are the Aldi of I.S.P's i love them
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Thu 15-Nov-12 00:32:13
Print Post

i am sick to death of you talktalk wingers you are just being obnoxious they are the Aldi of I.S.P's i love them

How can people say they are cheap, when PlusNet are cheaper, and give a decent service?

TALKTALK are awful.. REALLY AWFUL.

You struggle to get through on the phone, and when you do you get rude foreignors that struggle with English.

Yea, great.

You are either an employee, or very very lucky.
Either way, your flogging a dead horse.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 15-Nov-12 00:33:00
Print Post

Using opinion to counter fact!

Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Thu 15-Nov-12 07:08:09
Print Post

How can people say they are cheap, when PlusNet are cheaper, and give a decent service?

Really? So if i were to move to PlusNet i would get 18 meg speeds 24/7 on my 29db atten line and i could download ~ 500 GB per month at peak times, and with unlimited Uk landline/0845/0870 calls and with line rental included all for less than £14.75 per month? Is it Aprils Fools already?

Well TT is the best isp i have ever been with. Any issues i have had have been satisfactorily resolved via the forums...SHOCK, HORROR! I would happily pay £50 pm for the service i am receiving but the fact i'm only paying £14.75 a month all-in is the icing on the cake. PlusNet? No thanks, i would rather pour bleach in my eyes than go back to a BT (spit) based/owned ISP again frown

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18383/1020 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Thu 15-Nov-12 13:22:31
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:

Really? So if i were to move to PlusNet i would get 18 meg speeds 24/7 on my 29db atten line and i could download ~ 500 GB per month at peak times, and with unlimited Uk landline/0845/0870 calls and with line rental included all for less than £14.75 per month? Is it Aprils Fools already?

Well TT is the best isp i have ever been with. Any issues i have had have been satisfactorily resolved via the forums...SHOCK, HORROR! I would happily pay £50 pm for the service i am receiving but the fact i'm only paying £14.75 a month all-in is the icing on the cake. PlusNet? No thanks, i would rather pour bleach in my eyes than go back to a BT (spit) based/owned ISP again frown

So, if I deduct the charge for line rental @ £9.60, you are telling me you get UNLIMITED CALLS AND BROADBAND for £5.15 per month? Even though the advertised cost is £18 per month at a DISCOUNTED rate?

You also download 500gb per month? How is that even legally possible?
I have numerous web based items and 4 people in the house, and the most we have ever used is 70gb, that includes love film streaming in HD/iPlayer streaming.

For £23 per month, PlusNet give me UNLIMITED CALLS to 08 numbers, land lines AND MOBILES, plus the most reliable broadband I have ever had at 18meg download, and a pro connection on fast track with a ping under 20, completely unrestricted at all times, and unlimited use at night for downloads.

I also get an English call centre, with staff that are friendly, polite, and LISTEN to the customer.

Blows TalkTalk right out of the water.

The service I have received over the past 3 weeks from PlusNet helping me to sort out Talktalks shambles, has be no less than amazing.

All I can say is I hope you remain lucky with your service, and never have to contact talktalks third world call centre, you will be in for a shock.
(experienced) Thu 15-Nov-12 14:17:04
Print Post

So, if I deduct the charge for line rental @ £9.60, you are telling me you get UNLIMITED CALLS AND BROADBAND for £5.15 per month? Even though the advertised cost is £18 per month at a DISCOUNTED rate?

Excluding value line rental i'm paying £5.25 a month for Talktalk's Plus package - it's normally £14.50 pm. This was discounted by 50% & an extra £2 per month after agreeing to sign up to a new 12 month contract. You pay £23 a month for a similar package with the BT (spit) owned PlusNet, so no prizes for guessing who's being taken to the cleaners.

You also download 500gb per month? How is that even legally possible?

Most of my monthly bandwidth is taken up by the "illegally possible" UK & USA Netflix HD. It uses around 2.5 GB p/h (on the highest quality setting) and with 8 people in our household simultaneously streaming Netflix almost 24/7, the GB's add up. We also have Sky On Demand enabled and AFAIK that's bandwidth heavy as well.

All I can say is I hope you remain lucky with your service, and never have to contact talktalks third world call centre, you will be in for a shock.

Well unlike you, i thoroughly researched Talktalk before i signed up. I have never called their phone support team and probably never will. Their sales and broadband retentions dept (based in UK & India respectively) were polite and very helpful on the rare occasions i've called them. If (and its a big if) talktalk start messing me about, i will happily pay off the remainder of my contract and move. As a last resort i would even be willing to get a new BT line put in if things got so bad. But talktalk must be doing something right if they haven't botched up my service in the 2+ years i've been with them. If TalkTalk were really that bad (ala Orange broadband a few years back) then instead of gaining new LLU customers in recent times, surely they would be shedding customers?

TalkTalk - purveyor of Extra Special Broadband at Aldi prices grin

Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-Nov-12 14:27:59
Print Post

True. The reduced churn is due to them improving the support from truly appalling to just plain awful.

Give them another couple of years and they'll get to be just about OK.

They've got a long way to go in all respects: link

jelv

Edited by jelv (Thu 15-Nov-12 14:31:26)

(newbie) Thu 15-Nov-12 14:44:07
Print Post

being an ex Plusnet customer i can tell you their support forum is very good,but if you act like some irate moron,are rude,unhelpful what do you expect?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 15-Nov-12 14:58:03
Print Post

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/compare.html?isp_7...

Is probably more representative

Left off Virgin Media as they use different network, so different types of issues

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-Nov-12 15:24:04
Print Post

Fair comment - I suppose TT can boast that they are better than Orange - wow what an achievement that is!

jelv

Standard User cyanthree
(newbie) Thu 15-Nov-12 22:41:35
Print Post

Talk Talk are an awful company, all they care about is grabbing your money and giving you a rubbish service in return, the best thing for me about them is I have my MAC code and leave them in 3 weeks.

good bye Talk Talk I can say i`ll never be back to you if I live to be 1000.
Standard User Fenris
(experienced) Thu 15-Nov-12 23:50:52
Print Post

[re: cyanthree] [link to this post]

TalkTalk are great, go away you plusnet trolls. Haters gonna hate!

Virgin>freeserve>BTBroadband>ndo>plusnet>IDNet>ZeN>NEWNET>entanet[ukfsn]>>>>>TalkTalk LLU
ISP Representative TALKTALK_SUPPORT
(isp) Fri 16-Nov-12 10:23:01
Print Post

[re: Fenris] [link to this post]

@Devonian,

I understand your issue is being handled with the CEO's Office. If you are experiencing any issues contacting the CEO's Office please feel free to tweet us @TalkTalkCare.

For any customer experencing issues please feel free to contact us on the details above. Alternatively a number of help articles for various common queries can be found on the TalkTalk Helpsite
http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/home

Regards

Mark
Online Community Department

TalkTalk, Online Community
www.talktalkmembers.co.uk/forums
"The information contained within these posts is provided by TalkTalk
to assist in the resolution of any queries our customers may have. Should you
have a specific request for information please do not hesitate to contact me."
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-Nov-12 11:33:20
Print Post

[re: cyanthree] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by cyanthree:
Talk Talk are an awful company, all they care about is grabbing your money and giving you a rubbish service in return,

I beg to differ, i have been a TT customer for over three years and in that time have only had two minor issues which were rectified in an acceptable period of time.
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Fri 16-Nov-12 17:28:49
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TALKTALK_SUPPORT:
@Devonian,

I understand your issue is being handled with the CEO's Office. If you are experiencing any issues contacting the CEO's Office please feel free to tweet us @TalkTalkCare.

For any customer experencing issues please feel free to contact us on the details above. Alternatively a number of help articles for various common queries can be found on the TalkTalk Helpsite

Regards

Mark

I assume you are the same Mark from the talk talk forum that not only refused to take my issues seriously, refused to look into any of my issues, refused to contact me in any shape or form, and in the end you even banned me from posting on the talktalk customer forum, saying my complaint is being handled, and there's no reason for me to post any more (censorship).

As for the CEO office handling my complaint, that's a laugh!

I had a letter saying the CEO manager had tried to call me ON THE LINE TALK TALK CANCELLED, and couldn't get through (another complaint on the way, you have my mobile number on file) she asked if I called on the 0330 number, which I have done 6 times, each time going to voice mail, which I have left my full contact details, yet nobody has called me.

I have just this moment emailed a complaints forum plus supporting evidence to the Information Commissioners Office, I have another 4 weeks, then I can pass my complaint to the telephone watch dog.
I have also been in touch with Consumer Watch South West, formerly Trading Standards, who are also interested in my case.

All communication with TalkTalk has been recorded and filed by myself, including this message, and yours on this forum.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-Nov-12 18:08:34
Print Post

[re: TALKTALK_SUPPORT] [link to this post]

WOW! Two and a half weeks after this topic was started a response from TalkTalk. Shows just how on the ball TT support is - not!

Too much to expect for you to actually do anything about sorting the mess out of course!

jelv

Edited by jelv (Fri 16-Nov-12 18:09:50)

(knowledge is power) Sat 17-Nov-12 11:09:20
Print Post

WOW! Two and a half weeks after this topic was started a response from TalkTalk. Shows just how on the ball TT support is - not!

Too much to expect for you to actually do anything about sorting the mess out of course!

Wow two and a half weeks and you are still here grinding your axe.
Standard User goldenoldie
(knowledge is power) Sat 17-Nov-12 11:33:55
Print Post

Hmm - and how many months did it take for my problem with TT to be sorted out ?

Two letters threatening me with a visit from the Bailiffs [ and of course the hint of problems I would face with my credit rating ]

lots of promises from the CEO's Office - but no action .

Eventually it went to OTELO as I recall .

Since the account was an email only with Lineone which was taken over by Tiscali which in its turn was taken over by TT and I had no details of the account so could not use the TT Members Forum, all had to be done by phone calls and letters . I don't think I ever got a decent apology for the harassment from TT.

Jack, I seem to recall lots of encouragement from you to use the Member's Forum - which of course I could not do. Now I've never had a scrap of bother with VirginMedia [ including transferring the account to my name ] and I have so many memories of your sig which was NOT flattering to VirginMedia. We all post as we see / understand things

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
If a thing ain't broke --- DON'T FIX IT
Experienced in making a mess of things smile
MacBook Pro on OSX 10.7.5 ,Virgin Super Hub , [ sssh - and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 60meg
Standard User gdavid
(committed) Sat 17-Nov-12 11:49:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by TALKTALK_SUPPORT:
@Devonian,

Regards

Mark

I assume you are the same Mark from the talk talk forum that not only refused to take my issues seriously, refused to look into any of my issues, refused to contact me in any shape or form, and in the end you even banned me from posting on the talktalk customer forum, saying my complaint is being handled, and there's no reason for me to post any more (censorship).

As for the CEO office handling my complaint, that's a laugh!

I had a letter saying the CEO manager had tried to call me ON THE LINE TALK TALK CANCELLED, and couldn't get through (another complaint on the way, you have my mobile number on file) she asked if I called on the 0330 number, which I have done 6 times, each time going to voice mail, which I have left my full contact details, yet nobody has called me.

I have just this moment emailed a complaints forum plus supporting evidence to the Information Commissioners Office, I have another 4 weeks, then I can pass my complaint to the telephone watch dog.
I have also been in touch with Consumer Watch South West, formerly Trading Standards, who are also interested in my case.

All communication with TalkTalk has been recorded and filed by myself, including this message, and yours on this forum.

I am glad to see that you are still persisting with the treatment you have received from TT. It takes a lot of energy to keep battling through the so called bureaucracy.

Keep going and please update this forum on your progress.

For the record, I was considering TT at one stage, but this and other threads I have read definitely put me off.

Regards

David
(knowledge is power) Sat 17-Nov-12 12:39:09
Print Post

[re: goldenoldie] [link to this post]

Jack, I seem to recall lots of encouragement from you to use the Member's Forum - which of course I could not do. Now I've never had a scrap of bother with VirginMedia [ including transferring the account to my name ] and I have so many memories of your sig which was NOT flattering to VirginMedia. We all post as we see / understand things

I have never been a VM customer so why would i have a sig slating them ?

We all post as we see / understand things

And to balance the negativity here is some positive feedback for actual Talk Talk customers dated Tuesday 04th May 2010 to Saturday 06th Oct 2012

http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php...

Edited by Jack_Hackett (Sat 17-Nov-12 12:41:10)

Standard User goldenoldie
(knowledge is power) Sat 17-Nov-12 12:44:12
Print Post

Ah - maybe I was mistaken in me memory of someone on the TT Board that had a sig which included

"VirginMedia are evil"

If I'm wrong then I apologise .

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
If a thing ain't broke --- DON'T FIX IT
Experienced in making a mess of things smile
MacBook Pro on OSX 10.7.5 ,Virgin Super Hub , [ sssh - and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 60meg
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Sat 17-Nov-12 13:53:20
Print Post

[re: gdavid] [link to this post]

Thank you David.

Yes it is tiring having to keep battling away with people who aren't the smallest bit interested in their customers or their problems.

But, there is no way I will allow any body to get away with treating me the way they have.

I really wouldn't wish TT on anybody.

Yes, people here are defending them, but have they had to contact TT and actually deal with an issue with them? I doubt it.
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Sat 17-Nov-12 14:10:23
Print Post

Things seem to be going from bad to hilarious with TalkTalk, I have just received my final bill..
Which should be for 6 days service and about £3 call charges.

Please remember TalkTalk disconnected my service due to their mistakes, meaning they broke the contract with me, not the other way around.

Please notice NO CHARGES FROM ANY OTHER ACCOUNT THAT TALKTALK SAY WAS OUTSTANDING.

And what is the DEFERED fee for? There is no mention in the small print, I have just checked.

Queue another complaint.

Account holder name: M*** E***** Telephone number: 01803*****3
01803*****2
Account number: 35********
Billing method: Online Bill

Billing date:
Bill summary

Bill number: TT020******* Billing date: 15 Nov 2012
Account number: ************ Direct Debit date: 29 Nov 2012

Previous balance £ 0.00
Payments received £ 0.00
Total adjustments £ 0.00
New charges £ 305.10
Total amount payable including VAT £ 305.10
The amount due this month is £305.10. Don't worry, you don't need to do anything, this payment will be taken automatically by Direct Debit on or immediately after the 29/11/12
Bill breakdown

New charges
Telephone number: 01803*****2
Part month charges
TalkTalk Broadband 16 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 0.00 View Boosts
100 Mobile Minutes Boost 22 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 1.52
TalkTalk Plus 16 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 10.21
TV 19 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 0.00
Line Rental 16 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 10.21
Calling Features Boost 22 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 0.00
Entertainment Extra Boost 19 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 9.08
Privacy Pack 22 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 0.00
Sky Movies Boost 19 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 9.08
Super Safe Boost 16 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 0.00
Total Part month charges £ 40.10
One time charges
Plus Router 16 Oct 12 to 16 Oct 12 £ 0.00
BrightSparks Engineer - TV Install 20 Oct 12 to 20 Oct 12 £ 50.00
YouView Box 20 Oct 12 to 20 Oct 12 £ 0.00
Contract Breakage Fee Waiver 06 Nov 12 to 06 Nov 12 -£ 268.05 CR
Contract Breakage Fee 06 Nov 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 268.05
Connection Charge 16 Oct 12 to 16 Oct 12 £ 0.00
Deferred Fee 07 Nov 12 to 07 Nov 12 £ 200.00
Entertainment Extra Boost Commitment Breakage Fee 07 Nov 12 to 07 Nov 12 £ 5.92
Sky Movies Boost Commitment Breakage Fee 07 Nov 12 to 07 Nov 12 £ 5.92
Total One time charges £ 261.84
Call charges and usage
Call charges and usage 16 Oct 12 to 14 Nov 12 £ 3.16 View Details
Total Call charges and usage £ 3.16
Your TV Usage
Your TV Usage 19 Oct 12 to 14 Nov 12 £ 0.00 View Details
Total Your TV Usage £ 0.00

Total new charges £ 305.10
Total amount payable including VAT £ 305.10
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 17-Nov-12 14:58:53
Print Post

At least you got the Contract Breakage Fee Waived smile. Note that if this hadn't been waived the total bill would be £505, about the amount they originally said you owed.

Other than the £200 Deferred Fee, is everything else OK?

The Deferred Fee must be the amount that TT allege is owed from previously.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 17-Nov-12 16:14:45
Print Post

From the small print

"£200 charge applies for your YouView TV box if you leave in your minimum term"
https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/product/tv

Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Sat 17-Nov-12 16:14:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
At least you got the Contract Breakage Fee Waived smile. Note that if this hadn't been waived the total bill would be £505, about the amount they originally said you owed.

Other than the £200 Deferred Fee, is everything else OK?

The Deferred Fee must be the amount that TT allege is owed from previously.

haha yea that's something atleast!

No, the bill is completely wrong, I have been charged upto and including the 6th November, when I was actually disconnected on the 22nd October.

There is also the installation fee, which yes, it was installed without problems, I was quite happy... BUT I had 6 days use before talktalk cut me off, so I wont be paying that.

Now, if the defered charge relates to this other 'ghost' account, then that is wrong also, as Talktalk told me the amount owing was just over £500, not £200.

There has been no mention of this £500 since mind you, and no bill produced, or anything provided in writing.

I also note the bill says I am paying by direct debit. I asked Talktalk to delete my direct debit details.

The saga continues!
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Sat 17-Nov-12 16:16:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
From the small print

"£200 charge applies for your YouView TV box if you leave in your minimum term"
https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/product/tv

Thank you, I was looking on the paper work provided. No mention there.

SO that is another fee they can refund. They can also send a beg to return the equipment in, I have asked, so far no bag.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sat 17-Nov-12 16:28:59
Print Post

Your Direct debit, is it cancelled ? if not they will attempt taking/take payment

Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Sat 17-Nov-12 17:15:50
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

I have tried phoning TT to discus the bill and direct debit, and was given the same rubbish about having to speak to the 'special' department and they are only open Mon - Fri 9 til 5...

They also wouldn't tell me if my account is now in the hands of the CEO or the Fraud dept.

I phoned the bank and explained the issue, they said there is no current direct debit mandate for TT, BUT that doesn't mean they wont apply for it closer to the time.

The bank have noted on my account to refuse the Direct Debit, and said to ring on the bill due date to double check it isn't being processed.
(knowledge is power) Sat 17-Nov-12 17:59:53
Print Post

Yes, people here are defending them, but have they had to contact TT and actually deal with an issue with them? I doubt it.

Do you read the threads or just assume ?

I have given a couple of examples and so have others.
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Sat 17-Nov-12 19:41:27
Print Post

Who deleted my last post and why?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 17-Nov-12 21:36:03
Print Post

No sign of any of your posts being deleted, the post would usually be there, but with a post deleted by and the name of the moderator.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 17-Nov-12 22:20:42
Print Post

He must be referring to a TT Forum post as none deleted here.

(newbie) Sun 18-Nov-12 01:15:41
Print Post

I along with my mate Jelv declare this the longest thread ever
(newbie) Sun 18-Nov-12 01:22:47
Print Post

Re: Something to read if you are considering TalkTalk *DELETED*

Post deleted by MrSaffron
(newbie) Sun 18-Nov-12 01:26:23
Print Post

Devonian they will delete this but what the hell..... boy you are stupid
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Sun 18-Nov-12 01:30:46
Print Post

Devonian they will delete this but what the hell..... boy you are stupid

Thanks for the constructive criticism.
Standard User Myth
(committed) Sun 18-Nov-12 07:02:24
Print Post

stupid for joining? I'm sure Devonian feels the same way with hindsight.

There are only ever two reasons people consider TalkTalk:

1. The perceived cost
2. No other LLU choice

In theory, theory and practice are identical.....in practice they aren't!
Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Sun 18-Nov-12 07:14:21
Print Post

Long thread.... different opinions tolerated but personal insults are not, no more please.

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

[email protected]
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 18-Nov-12 10:30:55
Print Post

Re: Something to read if you are considering TalkTalk *DELET

A joke too far

(experienced) Sun 18-Nov-12 10:41:51
Print Post

You signed up to TalkTalk with your eyes and ears closed yet were expecting AAISP-esque quality phone support for 349 pennies a month. I'm sorry but you deserved everything you got.

Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
(knowledge is power) Sun 18-Nov-12 12:15:07
Print Post

You signed up to TalkTalk with your eyes and ears closed yet were expecting AAISP-esque quality phone support for 349 pennies a month. I'm sorry but you deserved everything you got.

An early contender for "Post of the day"
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Sun 18-Nov-12 12:49:46
Print Post

You know what this is the last post I will be making, and the last time I will visit this website.

I can not understand why there is such a high level of hostility towards me on this thread, it is not only pathetic and uncalled for, but it is incredibly sad also.

Talktalk is a utilities company, that has provided me with shocking service.
This forum is a place to vent my frustration, on a thread I didn't even start.

If you people disagree, that is fine, feel free to say so, then wish me luck and move on.

But why the personal insults?

What is wrong with you people?

I put it down it down to you people being sad old men with far to much time on your hands.
You lot come across as incredibly bitter, with the view of 'my way or the high way'.

You are supposed to be adults, grow up and behave like one instead of hiding behind a key board and spreading your obnoxious bile.
Standard User Devonian
(newbie) Sun 18-Nov-12 12:54:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by Jack_Hackett:

An early contender for "Post of the day"

1 last reply cant do any harm.

You are making assumptions about some thing you have no idea about.
I specifically asked the UK based sales at talktalk about te customer service, explicitly telling them I would not deal with a company who uses foreign call centres.
I was told by talktalk they do not use foreign call centres.

I was lied to. More fool me for believing the words of a large company rep, who has signed up to a code of conduct promoting good sales tactics.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Sun 18-Nov-12 13:16:22
Print Post

I don't think he was expecting AAISP level of service. What he wasn't expecting was being cut off 6 days after his service was activated for a supposed debt incurred many months before, that when he contacted them, even though the support people could see something was wrong no-one was prepared to reactivate his account and suggested he loaned TT over £500 with no guarantee that he'd ever get his money back. TalkTalk has a (deserved) reputation for poor support, but what has happened in this case is dreadful and couldn't be expected.

jelv

(experienced) Sun 18-Nov-12 13:22:22
Print Post

I was told by talktalk they do not use foreign call centres.

And did it not occur to you, perhaps for even a millisecond, that the above statement cannot be true due to the dirt cheap prices TT sell their broadband for? Do you always believe what everyone tells you? BT sales (bless 'em) last year told me that my line was capable of getting 15 meg...this is despite no 21CN at my exchange. I could have signed up to BT broadband (god forbid) and then gone on the BT forums to have a good old rant when my speed was no greater than 8 meg but what would it have achieved? Just accept it, you made a bad error of judgement with TalkTalk. In future, research companies more thoroughly before signing on the dotted line

Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 18-Nov-12 13:27:26
Print Post

The problem being that peoples experiences vary widely.

If the 4 million TalkTalk customers all had the same experience as yours then there would not be four million of them. This is not to say you have not had a bad experience, and faults exist within the way TalkTalk work.

Some of the personal side may have arisen from the confusion caused and the campaign to highlight the issue.

Providers these days draw the same loyalties sometimes as football teams did in the past, particularly if there are loyalty type schemes in place, this was very much the case in the old days of the Tiscali customers.

I'll close this thread now, as you appear happy to that this is a good place to draw a line under the issue. Your service is back with Plusnet, and it is just a case of the formalities working themselves out but at the old world paperwork speed.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to