User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User trolleybus
(member) Mon 18-Feb-13 17:59:47
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk Business router settings

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
In reply to a post by trolleybus:
Following the go live date for the LLU service, the new logon credentials were added to the router and we had a broadband service. Next I used webmail to establish if the old gotadsl.co.uk address was still available. It was. I therefore reasoned that emails going out via smtp-auth.gotadsl.co.uk should still be OK. They were.

My concern is how long will it be before the old email credentials are killed off since I would rather configure my email client with settings true for the foreseeable future.
That server is owned by http://www.verygoodemail.com/ so you could ask them wink

Thick fog descends. Please may I have a "Jack & Jill" response. It would be much appreciated.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 18-Feb-13 18:10:32
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk Business router settings

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

The server smtp-auth.gotadsl.co.uk about which I gather you are concerned, is owned by The Very Good Email Company which is run by Adrian Mardlin, the founder of Nildram. I am suggesting you email them about your concerns.

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User asbokid
(member) Sat 02-Mar-13 19:46:32
Print Post

TalkTalk Business migrating us to TalkTalk Plus ??

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

We recently got a letter from TalkTalk Business (TTB) about the migration of our account.

In April 2013, the existing TalkTalk Business accounts will migrate to the new "TalkTalk Plus" service.

Not to be confused with TalkTalk Plus TV - this is not the same service.

On one of the new FAQ pages (*) the broadband service of TalkTalk Plus is described as "fast reliable broadband up to 14meg".

Since we are getting over 20meg at the moment, this sounds like a downgrade!

Here's hoping that TalkTalk has made a typo.

Any thoughts?

Cheers, a

(*) http://sales.talktalk.co.uk/pricing/package/plus

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Sat 02-Mar-13 20:13:04
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk Business migrating us to TalkTalk Plus ??

[re: asbokid] [link to this post]

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the "up to 14 meg" bit, its still a ADSL2+ service which means up to 24 meg. I'm on the residential Plus package and get speeds of ~ 18 meg so nothing to worry about smile

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18383/1020 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220

Edited by baby_frogmella (Sat 02-Mar-13 20:14:03)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 02-Mar-13 20:15:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by asbokid:
the broadband service of TalkTalk Plus is described as "fast reliable broadband up to 14meg".
Due to a recent ruling by ASA all "Up to" speeds advertised by ISPs must quote a top speed that at least 10% of customers can get. You will find most ISPs now say "Up to" 14 or 16 Meg. However technically it is still an "Up to" 24 Meg ADSL2+ product.

You are one of the fortunate top 10 % smile

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User asbokid
(member) Sat 02-Mar-13 21:32:24
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thank you for the reassurances, guys (and gals?!) !

Hopefully we get to keep the static IP address in the migration, too smile

What a lot of worry over nothing!

cheers, a
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Sun 03-Mar-13 07:35:43
Print Post

Yeah you should be able to keep your static ip address, i've still got mine smile

Why are TTB are transferring you over to their residential offering? AFAIK their business service is superior; higher network priority, static ip address, no p2p throttling and decent phone support (uk based).

EDIT: It appears you may be able to opt out from the migration - which i strongly suggest you do

Similarly the letter gives customers no opt-out option for the migration, although Homer states that one was eventually offered after several further communications via phone and email.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2013/02/uk-isp-...

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18383/1020 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220

Edited by baby_frogmella (Sun 03-Mar-13 07:46:38)

Standard User asbokid
(member) Sun 03-Mar-13 13:38:41
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
EDIT: It appears you may be able to opt out from the migration - which i strongly suggest you do

Similarly the letter gives customers no opt-out option for the migration, although Homer states that one was eventually offered after several further communications via phone and email.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2013/02/uk-isp-...

Thank you very much for finding that, baby_frogmella smile I'll ring them in the morning.

Ironically, the (inferior) residential service they intend to migrate us to is more expensive than our current business package! Or maybe that's the cunning plan!

cheers, a
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to