User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sun 22-Sep-13 15:34:03
Print Post

Re: Talktalk fraudulently moving my services from BT

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
I find this unlikely as had a lady stranger signed up with TT and given, or had incorrectly recorded by TT, a wrong phone # she would at least given her correct name & address. In which case letters and equipment would not be arriving at OP's address, as he has stated.

It would not surprise me that the TT charges are being charged to OP's bank account, as the mischievous brother gave TT all the correct details except a false name on TT account, but to be paid for on OP's Direct Debit so it passed any credit check.

So, all in all, the OP appears to have a valid contract with TT except with the wrong name on it.

Wouldn't the letters and equipment sent to the OP by TT have had the female name heading the address? If that was the case then in any communication with TT the incorrect name could be stated to them and the account could then be accessed and the error corrected using appropriate checks?
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 22-Sep-13 20:36:02
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
Wouldn't the letters and equipment sent to the OP by TT have had the female name heading the address?
Yes, that's my point! It can't have been set in motion by an unknown female stranger from a diff address. The OP said:
In reply to a post by uppi:
on the Letters its a female name.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sun 22-Sep-13 21:04:23
Print Post

The OP said:
In reply to a post by uppi:
on the Letters its a female name.

"Dear Madam,

Welcome to TalkTalk..."
confused

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 22-Sep-13 21:06:21
Print Post

Maybe the OP posted this as some kind of wind up, as something about the info given just doesn't feel right ,if you know what mean? i smell a rat with this,

If i tomorrow recieved a modem/router from talk stalk knowing that i had not ordered a service with them, if it was adressed in someone elses name i would be returning it to sender un opened or re sealed , I then would be contacting my SP to check on any spurious WLT where a foot, If at a later date i recieved a sorry to here ...... leter i would be straight on the phone making sure that they knew that i did not order this service, and i would go to CEO level at second attempt,
then as far as i'm concerned i did everthing that i could to stop this TT request going through,

And should the worst happen dispite my efforts, I would sue talk talk in the small claims court ,they would not get a single penny from me, Ofcom are a toothless quango and would be no help , TT'S DRS may be of some help getting re embursment of any fees getting you line or a new one installed and any fees from your isp for re connection ect ,from stalk talk or any other CP who doesn't querry why the first wlt doesnt go through

Edited by tommy45 (Sun 22-Sep-13 21:24:07)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 22-Sep-13 21:12:54
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Salutation or name?

@tommy: Yes, it could well be a wind-up, but I just get a feeling of naivety.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User uppi
(learned) Wed 09-Oct-13 00:07:29
Print Post

Salutation or name?

@tommy: Yes, it could well be a wind-up, but I just get a feeling of naivety.

How my post a wind-up?

I'm just posting what I have had to go through asking for help, and all the community are now just being negative against me for posting my experience ?

It doesn't matter now I no longer live at that address.

How ever I still owe BT £138 - http://puu.sh/4Lcp9.png

So could a moderator please close this.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Oct-13 00:33:23
Print Post

[re: uppi] [link to this post]

If you had left BT then you should have a "final bill" with a payment date. That bill looks like you are still a BT customer...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to