User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 11-Sep-13 22:51:50
Print Post

Re: Talktalk fraudulently moving my services from BT

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Not a good idea as then debt goes to collectors starts appearing on credit checks etc etc

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Sep-13 22:55:01
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Not a good idea as then debt goes to collectors starts appearing on credit checks etc etc

"Seems someone is trying to annoy me personally either one of my brothers".

If I take that to mean one of his/her brothers signed up to Talktalk as a "joke", perhaps that would teach the brother a lesson. Unless of course the brother used the OP's bank details in which case I'd probably be ringing the police.

Oliver.
Standard User uppi
(newbie) Wed 11-Sep-13 22:57:53
Print Post

No mac is needed for a move to full llu. Procedure to sort this out will be slow, particularly if talktalk double check info and all was correct

Order is for FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 11-Sep-13 22:58:35
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Credit score would hit both account and address

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User uppi
(newbie) Wed 11-Sep-13 23:09:10
Print Post

Credit score would hit both account and address

What are you going on about?

I'm not in contract with BT Anymore and the services with talktalk I hope can be migrated into my details as it is cheaper.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Sep-13 23:29:45
Print Post

[re: uppi] [link to this post]

As for getting the account put in the correct name, i wish you luck on that, you will need all you can get , the cheapest is not always the best it's usually cheap for a reason, I you ain't already worked out how bad their customer support are you never will

And who wouldn't switch to tt because it's 65% cheaper , i would be one such person, infact if it was free i wouldn't switch to tt or sky ,
And as for them being so cheap. there not really, line rental isn't particularly cheap, the calling plans don't include any sms text messages ,they charge for caller id and being successful of remaining ex directory and keeping you number if you move away ,well theres probably a 90% of that not happening

Edited by tommy45 (Wed 11-Sep-13 23:50:17)

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Sep-13 23:32:02
Print Post

But if the account isn't in his name then they would be waisting their time trying to collect a debt that the householder didn't owe as the tt account isn't in his name so it follows the debt wouldn't be either,
If this happened they may be more careful I can't believe they did proper checks before accepting the order and processing it
As for the credit score affecting the address , if you are able to proove the person named has never or no longer lives at the address that should cease to be an issue, But i'm fairly sure the address no longer is affected only the individual debter

Edited by tommy45 (Wed 11-Sep-13 23:39:29)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 11-Sep-13 23:57:14
Print Post

Still full llu as the phone is unbundled

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Sep-13 00:41:14
Print Post

[re: brushton] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by brushton:
Quite how they think that sending out a letter - and waiting (a short while) for the customer to object - constitutes a failsafe is beyond me. They can't have heard of letters going astray or (as in my case) the BT droid not correctly cancelling the cease. BT even admitted having a record of my father saying he didn't want to lose the line frown

I recently switched line rental from BT Retail to another WLR provider and I got 3 separate types of communication from BT Retail saying: "another provider has told us you want to move your service" by spoken text message on my landline phone, by email and by letter. I received all those communications well within the notice period of 14 days.
Standard User eckiedoo
(member) Thu 12-Sep-13 07:16:35
Print Post

Please make up your mind!

"I'm not in contract with BT Anymore and the services with talktalk I hope can be migrated into my details as it is cheaper."

Earlier, you clearly stated that you were NOT the Account Holder with BT, so you did not have any contractual rights or obligations regarding the BT Contract.

--------------------------------

"I'm not in contract with BT Anymore and the services with talktalk I hope can be migrated into my details as it is cheaper."

AND from the second part of the above statement, you do NOT have a contract with TalkTalk, so again you do not have any contractual rights or obligations regarding the putative TT contract.

You should not be involved with either company, UNLESS the true Account Holder has appointed you to be his/her AGENT in this matter.

Have you taken any steps towards establishing that legally, you have authority to act in this matter, on behalf of the actual Account Holder?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to