User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 12-Sep-13 08:33:26
Print Post

Re: Talktalk fraudulently moving my services from BT

[re: uppi] [link to this post]

The credit score issue is referring to the idea you just run up a big bill and dont pay with talktalk

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Sep-13 10:13:36
Print Post

I still can't see anything in this thread that might suggest Talktalk have acted fraudulently.

For the sake of avoiding libel, you might want to retract that allegation.

Oliver.
Standard User smurf46
(member) Thu 12-Sep-13 10:31:49
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Just a point of clarification: isn't the procedure for moving voice lines specified by Ofcom (or is that just for WLR) which is the 14 day notification by the "loosing" Provider?

It seems to be the trouble with telecommunications - there is no source of accurate and up to date comprehensive information on how "the (regulated) system" works so it is left to speculation. It's almost as though customers are deliberately kept in the dark. And letters/notifications are usually dressed up to look like just excuses for more marketing trash.

Ofcom, and probably the whole of the utility regulation in this country, seems to be based on the premise that if it acts in the interests of the competing players in the industry, then the industry will look after the interest of consumers. Something from a nineteenth century economics textbook.

We see things not as they are, but as we are .
- Anais Nin

Edited by smurf46 (Thu 12-Sep-13 10:36:38)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 12-Sep-13 10:46:25
Print Post

[re: smurf46] [link to this post]

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/migration.html#m...

Is what TalkTalk would have used and this would have triggered a Notification of Transfer letter to which people are expected to reply and operators act upon.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/migration.html#not

Things are changing, but its a process underway for a couple of years now as getting agreement and new services keep appearing adding to the complexity.

But in short it is feasible for your services to be hijacked if someone plays a prank and times it so that you are not around, or have provided valid banking details. In this case we do not have the full picture by a long shot so impossible to say if TalkTalk and/or BT messed up, or whether someone was attempting to be nasty.

The issue is adding more checking during switching costs more, and also lengthens the process, when most consumers are wanting to have seamless shorter switching processes.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User uppi
(newbie) Fri 13-Sep-13 04:40:36
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

My broadband is not working at all now.

Yesterday at midnight the broadband completely went offline. I'm using a ThreePay Dongle had to spend £75 just to get enough balance to do my dad to day work online that I earn my living for.

The excuse from talktalk is that the broadband order has failed requiring it ti be escalated.
Standard User uppi
(newbie) Fri 13-Sep-13 05:20:59
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by eckiedoo:
Please make up your mind!

"I'm not in contract with BT Anymore and the services with talktalk I hope can be migrated into my details as it is cheaper."

Earlier, you clearly stated that you were NOT the Account Holder with BT, so you did not have any contractual rights or obligations regarding the BT Contract.

--------------------------------

"I'm not in contract with BT Anymore and the services with talktalk I hope can be migrated into my details as it is cheaper."

AND from the second part of the above statement, you do NOT have a contract with TalkTalk, so again you do not have any contractual rights or obligations regarding the putative TT contract.

You should not be involved with either company, UNLESS the true Account Holder has appointed you to be his/her AGENT in this matter.

Have you taken any steps towards establishing that legally, you have authority to act in this matter, on behalf of the actual Account Holder?

I am the BT Account Holder but I'm not the account holder of the talktalk account I don't know who is. But now I have completely lost broadband access.
Standard User alwall
(member) Fri 13-Sep-13 08:29:34
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

I think you'll find that the OP is not the Talktalk A/C holder but IS the BT A/C holder

BTBroadband
Standard User timl
(committed) Fri 13-Sep-13 10:27:37
Print Post

And it looked as if you were beginning to get things sorted with Talktalk.

The standard excuse I got from Talktalk was to blame BT for absolutely everything... hope you don't get the same (in my case it was Talktalk who were at fault)

Plusnet unlimited FTTC
Standard User uppi
(newbie) Fri 13-Sep-13 13:16:15
Print Post

[re: timl] [link to this post]

Idk what to do.

When I ring 100 now it says Welcome to TalkTalk Instead of BT.

My HomeHub shows a red light and won't connect at all. the talktalk router has a constant red light. Talktalk won't even escalate it. as it's not my account. neither will they even transfer me to a Manager 80% of the time I'm completely stuck.

As you can see from the following IMG - http://puu.sh/4q8wf.png the PPoE Session won't connect at all I'm using my three dongle at the moment in the USB Slot on the router just to get connected.

Edited by uppi (Fri 13-Sep-13 13:25:59)

Standard User mixt
(experienced) Fri 13-Sep-13 13:31:16
Print Post

This is a complete fubar'd mess.

Since you have said that your contract is (or, according to them now, was) with BT, and is not and never has been with TalkTalk, in my opinion, it is BT you should be calling and escalating with to sort this out.

You need to really jump on the heels of BT here, as it is they who appear to have incorrectly terminated your contract, and allowed your line to be (erroneously) transferred to TalkTalk. You need to clarify by who that was authorized, and how, and have them recognize that it has been in error. It is entirely up to them to sort this mess out, and compensate you accordingly.

Now on <aaisp.net> (21CN+IPv6+40Mb/FTTC)
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?

Edited by mixt (Fri 13-Sep-13 18:11:00)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to