User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User uppi
(newbie) Fri 13-Sep-13 14:50:59
Print Post

Re: Talktalk fraudulently moving my services from BT

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Using that service could be seen as constituting accepting that the move was valid and authorised by you.

So unless happy to now resolve billing/account issues with TalkTalk pursuing them to get everything installed and working is not the way to go.

What was your backup scenario for home working if the old BT connection had died?

I don't have any backup plan I had no trouble with BT for 6 months.

BT will just end up putting me on another 18month contract and that I do not want.

Edited by uppi (Fri 13-Sep-13 14:54:52)

Standard User santiagogarcia
(newbie) Fri 13-Sep-13 15:13:19
Print Post

[re: uppi] [link to this post]

Try to avoid falling into talk talk at all cost. I made the terrible mistake of asking them to install me internet. They charged me on the first day. One month after still not service and still waiting for a refund. Customer service is awful. I can't wait to get rid of them
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 13-Sep-13 16:41:53
Print Post

In which case the question should be.

How do I get TalkTalk to accept me as the account holder even though I never setup the account.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Sep-13 19:28:45
Print Post

You are NOT a talktalk customer, you will never be allowed to access the talktalk account information. It's not your account!! That's like me transferring some money into your bank account by accident and expecting your bank to give me all your details so I can spend my money from your account, it will never happen!!

Whoever has done this transfer has acted illegally as it's clearly not something you wanted, they clearly have some issues. If you have an idea of who it is I would strongly suggest collecting evidence and taking them to the small claims court for costs associated with having no internet and fees etc.

Right now your only method forward is to accept another contract with a provider of your choice.
I do foresee problems here. When you try to move to another provider on the existing line, whoever setup the TalkTalk line will receive a letter asking them if they wish to allow you to migrate away from TalkTalk, if they refuse it will not go ahead.

A better solution is to setup a provider with a new line, Sky can do this for £15 and virginmedia is a good option. I would report this to the police as well just incase it bites you in future e.g. say the person who setup TalkTalk doesn't pay the bill & debt collectors arrive.
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Sep-13 19:29:10
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

How do I get TalkTalk to accept me as the account holder even though I never setup the account.
They never will?
Standard User uppi
(newbie) Fri 13-Sep-13 20:44:05
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Email from BT - http://puu.sh/4qpbK.png

A little too Late I guess.

How ever talktalk have said that I could order broadband and move the current services over through a new order. But who can I contact high up in talktalk?
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Sep-13 20:49:07
Print Post

When did you get that email, today?

Also like everyone else has said, stop dealing with TalkTalk, it's not your account.
If you send me your post code on a private message I can have a look at what options you have in your area for the best.
Standard User uppi
(newbie) Fri 13-Sep-13 20:53:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
When did you get that email, today?

Also like everyone else has said, stop dealing with TalkTalk, it's not your account.
If you send me your post code on a private message I can have a look at what options you have in your area for the best.

The email is dated from Today, i fell asleep earlier on Today and woke up about 2 hours ago. So I missed my last option to reverse it.

I was thinking of actually getting a new line Today as due to previous experiences with Openreach trying to get Similar issues fixed was a nightmare. Plusnet put a lock on the current line. Took for ever to escalate the issue. Maybe the same problem as happened with TalkTalk?

Last time a stop/restart on the line and a rushed broadband order was activated on the line 3 days after.

The provider who offers the best price at my address is TalkTalk at £28.50 for 6 months including a free YouView Box on a 18 month contract.

I have tried PlusNet but disliked the way they handle the support, Everyone says talktalk support is terrible but as long as I have call baring and my Openreach modem on a hacked firmware. I never ever ring up BT Apart from billing problems.

Sky is the other best option for me at my address. as I get 1MB ADSL and 33MB on FTTC

Edited by uppi (Fri 13-Sep-13 21:02:45)

Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Sep-13 20:59:05
Print Post

Yes the only issue is getting TalkTalk to move an existing account under someone else's name into your name, it's not likely to be easy.

Give TalkTalk a ring, you'll probably get nowhere and suddenly realise why I wouldn't personally recommend them. Cheap yes, answer to your problems, probably not - somethings bound to go wrong.
Standard User uppi
(newbie) Fri 13-Sep-13 21:08:39
Print Post

http://puu.sh/4qqRJ.jpg

As you can see I have my Three Dongle connected to the TalkTalk router that was sent out. Costs me £0.50 per day but I'm limited to around 1.5Mbps once I get my Three Dongle Sim out I can get up to 10Mbps. costing £37 for 15GB. can get 3M/s on file transfers.

How ever the PPoE connection is failing as it connects directly to the Openreach modem. I'm yet to go into that and see if I can connect through a PPoE Session from my PC just in case its a issue with the Openreach modem. What would the PPoE Details be for talktalk fibre ?

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Yes the only issue is getting TalkTalk to move an existing account under someone else's name into your name, it's not likely to be easy.

Give TalkTalk a ring, you'll probably get nowhere and suddenly realise why I wouldn't personally recommend them. Cheap yes, answer to your problems, probably not - somethings bound to go wrong.

The only thing I'm concerned about is getting my Broadband working.

Maybe it could start working Tonight I think BT could have suspended my line. as I'm not in contract and the last bill is being generated. So maybe BT might have been waiting for a further response from me regarding the line? I did contact BT but I got nowhere doing that Either. How ever I did email high level complaints team in BT about it and they are seeing what could be Done.

Edited by uppi (Fri 13-Sep-13 21:14:08)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to