User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Sep-13 21:13:26
Print Post

Re: Talktalk fraudulently moving my services from BT

[re: uppi] [link to this post]

Do you know who did the talktalk transfer to begin with? Is there any reasoning with them to transfer it into your name? Or was it some kind of hate revenge.
Standard User uppi
(newbie) Fri 13-Sep-13 21:15:45
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Do you know who did the talktalk transfer to begin with? Is there any reasoning with them to transfer it into your name? Or was it some kind of hate revenge.

My Brothers are always trying to mess around with everything I do one way or another. I don't speak to them now due to several reasons.

How ever check my last MSG.
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Sep-13 21:24:14
Print Post

Ok understood. Wow this is pretty mean though, some people eh!

The EASIEST way forward, not the cheapest, if it's available where you are is to choose a virginmedia package. This is because it does not use the existing BT lines so you can just ignore the TalkTalk stuff alltogether and move on. Plus a virginline cannot be taken over by another provider, as no other provider uses virgins lines. You'd just get a cut off date from Virgin if somebody tried to transfer you away but even so virgin can switch their lines back on fast if you don't contact before the cut off. I would certainly give this some consideration.

Staying with TalkTalk will be very difficult especially since the accounts in another name. Say you open another TalkTalk account, there's going to be another TalkTalk account presumably unpaid for by your brother. How TT would deal with that with regards to cutting off etc i'm not sure.

Moving the existing line back to BT or any ISP via a BT line will just mean your brother will presumably stop the transfer when he gets the letter like the one you got from BT.

So in my view 3 options:
1) New line installed all together - possibly via TalkTalk if you wish. Just place an order with TalkTalk and say you want a new line installed and do not want to use the existing line at the address, this way it doesn't involve the brother. Be warned though the brother will likely find a way to mess this up too...
BE WARNED IT COULD GET COMPLICATED AS YOUR BROTHERS ACCOUNT COULD GO INTO DISPUTE ON TT AT YOUR ADDRESS
2) What I would do - seek virginmedia if available as it's outside of the BT lines and less to go wrong with it all.
3) Perhaps the best solution is to deal with BT, explaining what has happened. If anybodies going to get a line sorted right given the current circumstances it's probably them. I have no hopes for TT.

I think other options will be complicated.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Fri 13-Sep-13 21:26:09)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User uppi
(newbie) Fri 13-Sep-13 21:44:50
Print Post

The talktalk service should be working so It would give me time to move to Sky before it gets cutt off again.

But now the DSL Light on my Openreach modem is not on anymore so that means my circuit has been removed?

Edited by uppi (Fri 13-Sep-13 21:48:35)

Standard User uppi
(newbie) Fri 13-Sep-13 21:56:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Ok understood. Wow this is pretty mean though, some people eh!

The EASIEST way forward, not the cheapest, if it's available where you are is to choose a virginmedia package. This is because it does not use the existing BT lines so you can just ignore the TalkTalk stuff alltogether and move on. Plus a virginline cannot be taken over by another provider, as no other provider uses virgins lines. You'd just get a cut off date from Virgin if somebody tried to transfer you away but even so virgin can switch their lines back on fast if you don't contact before the cut off. I would certainly give this some consideration.

Staying with TalkTalk will be very difficult especially since the accounts in another name. Say you open another TalkTalk account, there's going to be another TalkTalk account presumably unpaid for by your brother. How TT would deal with that with regards to cutting off etc i'm not sure.

Moving the existing line back to BT or any ISP via a BT line will just mean your brother will presumably stop the transfer when he gets the letter like the one you got from BT.

So in my view 3 options:
1) New line installed all together - possibly via TalkTalk if you wish. Just place an order with TalkTalk and say you want a new line installed and do not want to use the existing line at the address, this way it doesn't involve the brother. Be warned though the brother will likely find a way to mess this up too...
BE WARNED IT COULD GET COMPLICATED AS YOUR BROTHERS ACCOUNT COULD GO INTO DISPUTE ON TT AT YOUR ADDRESS
2) What I would do - seek virginmedia if available as it's outside of the BT lines and less to go wrong with it all.
3) Perhaps the best solution is to deal with BT, explaining what has happened. If anybodies going to get a line sorted right given the current circumstances it's probably them. I have no hopes for TT.

I think other options will be complicated.

It's not in my brothers name its in a fraudulent name.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Sep-13 21:57:56
Print Post

Yes the bt fttc service will have been ceased So tt can supply their ADSL on your line in your brothers name or who ever elses name it may be in, unless you are going to have sky FTTC i wouldn't bother with sky either
Standard User uppi
(newbie) Fri 13-Sep-13 21:59:28
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
Yes the bt fttc service will have been ceased So tt can supply their ADSL on your line in your brothers name or who ever elses name it may be in, unless you are going to have sky FTTC i wouldn't bother with sky either

The order is a FTTC order.
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Sep-13 22:27:53
Print Post

Weird usually the name has to pass a credit check and normally the providers also require a valid UK bank account to be linked to the account.

During the sign up process it will ask your name, address for the last 3 years, it will also take your bank account number, sort code and name on the account. This information is then checked against the Experian Credit record in the same way a lender such as a high street bank checks. If it doesn't come back with a valid person who matches that name and bank records they usually cannot go any further. WHY? Say I sign up with TalkTalk and do not pay my bill. I then move address. My credit record will show my bank accounts being switched to the new address, TalkTalk can then see that the address has changed and start pestering me at the new address. This means you ultimately cannot get away without paying the bill without it severely impacting your ability to get a loan, bank card etc in future.

To somehow fool a credit check is fraud and you can do jail time for this as it must be very sophisticated.

Also signing up online means you have to enter valid bank details for a direct debit to be setup. The only way to not use a direct debit is to telephone but they still run a credit check.

Ever so strange. If a formal investigation was ran there would almost certainly be a valid person behind all of this and TT probably know who. That said they cannot give out this info to you right now.

You should really report this as fraud - as that's what is it to TalkTalk.

I would write a recorded letter to the main TT complaints address:
Customer Relations Department
TalkTalk Group
P.O. Box 360, Southampton, SO30 2LY

Include the following
That you believe fraud has occurred from a third party, you have no idea who but suspect your brother, list their names, if it matches TalkTalk are likely to report it which they deserve.
Your name, & the name of the fake account if known.
The date the switchover occurred
Your TalkTalk home telephone number if known
Info about how you've tried dealing with TalkTalk so far but cannot get anywhere with them and have no services
Anything else relevant
Your address & your phone number & email.

Also make it explicitly clear that somebody has setup a fake account and this has migrated your services away from BT whilst you were away.

Snail mail is usually the best in situations like this. Keep a copy of what you send and get it tracked, signed for, the whole shibang.

Also make a complaint here http://www.ombudsman-services.org/complain-now-commu...
I think this is a good move because you are unlikely to ever get to the bottom of this whereas the ombudsman will be extremely interested in how a random third party has managed to fraudulently slam your line to another provider & they can definitely get to the bottom of it (if they want to).
1) The complaint is in the list of paricipating compaies
2) Have you told the company you have a complaint that needs resolving - yes you spoke to TT but they cannot help
3) Ongoing more than 8 weeks - no
4) Has the company said it can do more to help - yes you cannot access the TalkTalk account and cannot get any further without paying for a new line.
5)Then fill in the online form.

That should get the ball rolling a little bit with TalkTalk and hopefully you can get the services into your name.

Whilst you are at it fill in the contact us here too http://www.talktalk.co.uk/contactus
I would Select your order - changing an order - email us - verification i'm not a TT customer.

Be as detailed as possible here.

TalkTalk used to be contactable here 01438 765494 extn 6240. This used to be the highest level of complaints contact number. I'm not sure if it's still valid but worth a go.

Don't give up. The more you message & apply pressure the more likely it will be sorted. I'm hoping that one of the above methods will get this resolved for you.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Fri 13-Sep-13 22:28:50)

Standard User uppi
(newbie) Fri 13-Sep-13 22:48:13
Print Post

Just bought a 24month 15GB 4G Dongle so that will be good enough for now. And claim back against BT in a small claims court.

I will be ordering a new line tomorrow to bypass all this trouble.
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Sep-13 22:56:04
Print Post

BT have done nothing wrong you can only take the person who committed the fraud to court and you apparently have no idea who that is.

BT were following standard proceedure. They were only in the wrong if they knew the person taking over the line was fraudulent which they clearly didn't.

Good idea anyway with the dongle!

Sky do a new line for £15 & often free.
BT may do it for free.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Fri 13-Sep-13 22:56:20)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to