User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Sep-13 23:20:43
Print Post

Re: Talktalk fraudulently moving my services from BT

[re: uppi] [link to this post]

Just re read do you really need a TWO year dongle? Isn't a PAYG one better?
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Sep-13 00:21:46
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Funny how the email from BT was missed also, mine came at 3am on the day of the switch to another WLR provider. Although like the OP I was asleep at the time smirk
Standard User uppi
(newbie) Sat 14-Sep-13 00:57:43
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Just re read do you really need a TWO year dongle? Isn't a PAYG one better?

When openreach causes you as many issues as I have you are bound to opt into a 2 Year Dongle. Plus when I move address soon I will need it.

Need it as a backup.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 14-Sep-13 01:05:05
Print Post

confused
In reply to a post by uppi:
Basically to sum everything up I have been on Holiday for the last 2 weeks.

When I got back I opened all my post To see a Letter from BT stating that I have moved my Phone / Broadband to another provider.
You posted that on Weds. The email you received on Fri. gave you until midday Fri. to contact BT to stop the transfer. The letter must have said the same.

What were you doing between Weds. & Fri. that prevented you from telling BT to call it off? Were you also asleep all that time?

You have no case to sue BT. They have acted correctly and kept you informed. It is you who have been negligent & need to wake up!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Sep-13 02:11:46
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
confused
When I got back I opened all my post To see a Letter from BT stating that I have moved my Phone / Broadband to another provider.
You posted that on Weds. The email you received on Fri. gave you until midday Fri. to contact BT to stop the transfer. The letter must have said the same.

What were you doing between Weds. & Fri. that prevented you from telling BT to call it off? Were you also asleep all that time?

The letter I got from BT Retail, several days before the switch, actually said I had until 4pm on the day before the move to stop it (unlike the email which gave midday on the day of the move as the deadline.) Think I may have been having an afternoon nap at that time, did matter because I had every intention of leaving BT retail for line rental provision anyway LOL!
Standard User uppi
(newbie) Sat 14-Sep-13 02:18:19
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

The letter I got from BT on Wednesday did not state a cease date I got it late Wednesday. And I have had a lot of things to do since getting back. I had 1 day to contact them just under 24 hours then my broadband went off so it could not be reversed as it had already caused problems.

How ever regardless of that. I'm not bothered about that I would like to argue the case with TalkTalk.

I have made progress so far got a call from a Manager who is escalating the issue in to why the broadband is not working. They said Monday or Tuesday it should be back on but it could take up to a month. I have to write a written letter to talktalk to explain the problem and details of the old BT account included such as a copy of one of my bills.

So Hopefully I can get the service put into my own name.

Edited by uppi (Sat 14-Sep-13 02:19:43)

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Sep-13 02:23:11
Print Post

What's done is done - best of luck smile
Standard User timl
(committed) Sat 14-Sep-13 08:36:29
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I have no idea why the OP ignores all the sage advice he's been given... Indeed best of luck to OP.

Plusnet unlimited FTTC
Standard User Futaura
(committed) Sat 14-Sep-13 10:54:09
Print Post

When openreach causes you as many issues as I have you are bound to opt into a 2 Year Dongle. Plus when I move address soon I will need it.

Hang on... how soon is "soon"? The situation will be get many times worse if you move before the mess is entirely resolved. Even if it is resolved before you move, you need to consider minimum term contracts, etc, etc.
Standard User Myth
(committed) Sat 14-Sep-13 12:11:42
Print Post

[re: Futaura] [link to this post]

hi, i've been following this on email so forgive me if I missed something.

I was wondering, since the TT account isn't yours, who is paying for it?

In theory, theory and practice are identical.....in practice they aren't!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to