User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 16-Nov-14 04:07:19
Print Post

Re: do not use openreach or talk talk for fttc this i my sto

[re: andythebrave] [link to this post]

You're the ranter not me! If it was so obvious, why refer to it so obliquely?

Even when asked for a precis of your experience, you provided something that does not make much sense.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User Galoka
(regular) Sun 16-Nov-14 09:48:15
Print Post

Re: do not use open reach or talk talk for fttc this i my st

I get that you are annoyed becuase of problems with your connection (as you see it anyway).

But really, if you want people here to help you are the one who needs to make the effort.

The post above is frankly almost unintelligable, it's written as one long screed, the sentences are too long, it is confused with the issues mixed up with complaints about this and that re TT and OR. (I had a quick look at the thread you linked to, but it's too much like hard work to make sense of your posts)

Be succint, summarize the problems, use your enter/return key occasioanly
Standard User nemeth782
(member) Sun 16-Nov-14 10:09:54
Print Post

[re: Galoka] [link to this post]

What I got from the wall of text is that he's "waiting for England", which I guess means he's a Scot grumpy that they didn't vote for independence, and that he "no more than you" about FTTC and therefore doesn't need help.

We should all be on Virgin Media, Hyperoptic, or Gigaclear where there are never any problems I guess (given that he is saying we need to avoid Openreach).

For the rest of us, it's 3G or satellite.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-Nov-14 11:44:27
Print Post

Frankly I've decided not to try and help as you obviously can't or won't help us by giving a SHORT and CLEAR answer to what your issue is.

IT'S AN UP TO SERVICE.

We don't give a stuff if it's your wife's birthday. Is your wife important or is your internet connection more important?

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User TheEulerID
(regular) Sun 16-Nov-14 12:07:58
Print Post

[re: Galoka] [link to this post]

I hope that any conversation with the the help desk is rather more coherent than what looks like a stream of consciousness outpouring worthy of James Joyce. It's pretty near impossible to respond to that with anything positive.
Standard User mabibby
(regular) Sun 16-Nov-14 12:44:47
Print Post

[re: TheEulerID] [link to this post]

I was about to say, obviously we cannot be sure of the users English competency, but if he's irritating everyone on here then I can understand why he's maybe not getting the response he wants from the help desks.

If only he could rationalise and communicate the facts in a coherent manner so we can best advise.

BT Infinity 2 - 50/9 @ 600m
Standard User Fastman2
(member) Sun 16-Nov-14 17:02:42
Print Post

so your issue is with the ISP FYI FTTC is an up to 80 /20 products subject to what else os goin at that cab at that time -- your service provider contention distance to the DP and the number of opther premises on the cab which creates some crosstalk. - so assuming you getting more that 50 m/bps not sure what the issue is but i suggest it somethign to do with your ISP an not openreach - really cant see what the fault is -- all you comments relat to the ISP and how they are dealing with you -- this looks like a non issue to me

Edited by Fastman2 (Sun 16-Nov-14 17:04:39)

Standard User Fastman2
(member) Sun 16-Nov-14 20:03:34
Print Post

so the service provider has a SLA with an operator - based on what service it wants to offer you as an end user -- why do you think your broadband is so cheap
Standard User andythebrave
(member) Tue 18-Nov-14 00:05:50
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

nope you missed the point the damn thing is snot stable everyday the speed varies a lot the pings are up im not Scottish and you know I wonill not be comoing back to this forum . I asked for help not assholes and im not Scottish but thank you for the racist remarks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 18-Nov-14 00:14:40
Print Post

Apologies if some people have taken the wrong tack but when a post appears to start off as a rant rather than a more calm post people do tend to pick holes in it.

I have just had a quick pick at the TalkTalk forum posting and if I am honest it looks more like possibly contention from somewhere.

There is a hint in the ookla graph but unlike ours their speed test gives no graph so you cannot tell how wide the variations in the speeds are at any point.

Broadband is a contended service and providers who are able to provider 18 Mbps with no signs of contention might start to show the effects as you go faster, also VDSL is pushing very different frequencies down the line and behaves different to interference and other options.

People would suggest the usual checks, but based on the widespread postings the presumption from many (and maybe incorrect) is that you've done these checks and ruled out anything to do with PC, extension wiring, Wi-Fi etc

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to