User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User TrevorSP
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-May-15 10:24:19
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk Support

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Which is why I agreed with Spud2003 who posted after the OP, Unless you drag yourself through the attic, difficult when you are registered disabled with a fractured spine in three places, they will NOT touch your line, not even investigate it.

Whilst I see the sense in this, it should be a suggestion, not a RULE, and they were totally inflexible in my case, disabled or not..........

Quote...."Then get the person who put it up there to get it down for you". UnQuote
Why? The N66U was at the time far superior to what they had supplied and all their tests would work fine, as confirmed by one of their operators in a "weak" moment!

I eventually, after week 1 of our dispute, put the TT router back on after the help from an off duty friendly Fire Officer I know. Of course the signal around the house immediately dropped and the majority of the kit that worked before couldn't pick up its signal anymore, so that was a major pain in itself until I used the N66U as an AP!

Like I said, TT are OK, and supply a very decent service UNTIL something goes wrong and you might as well leave, unless you are one of the lucky ones. It is also worth noting that regardless of the day of the week or the time I rang, I never actually spoke to a fluent English speaking operator in the UK, and don't call me racist, because I am not, end of story!

Regards,
Trevor

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14087...
2 x TalkTalk upto 40mb FTTC lines, current speeds a good 37-38mbps on each one.(hiding behind an assortment of Asus RT-N66U Dual Band, DGND3700v2 Dual Band, DG834PN and DGN2000 routers) on: a Win7sp1 64 Ult. Desktop, Win8 x64 Pro (RTM) ) Desktop & Win 8 x64 Pro (RTM) Laptop. 5 x iPads, 1 x Archos 700, 3 x DELL C1760cn Wi-Fi Colour Laser Printers, Assorted Windows and iPhone Mobile phones, an 8ch CCTV system embedded into the Network along with an LG Smart TV, an LG Smart Blu-ray Player Recorder and an LG Smart Sound System.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 06-May-15 11:01:36
Print Post

[re: TrevorSP] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TrevorSP:
It is also worth noting that regardless of the day of the week or the time I rang, I never actually spoke to a fluent English speaking operator in the UK, and don't call me racist, because I am not, end of story!

This is actually a significant problem. I have spoken with one or two TalkTalk foreign call centre staff who have clear accents that would not sound out of place in the UK but normally I get someone with a significant accent that makes the conversation difficult as I have to keep asking them to repeat themselves - and I am never quite sure whether they completely understand what I'm requesting. A very frustrating business.

One way around this is to use online chat - if possible - where accents don't matter. Now I would never use an ISP that did not have UK based support.
Standard User Sylcol
(member) Wed 06-May-15 11:22:51
Print Post

The billing bit from TT worked very well. They advise not to cancel your DD before all charges or credits have been sorted out. If you do cancel early and there is something to pay you will be hit with a charge for non collection from bank and a late payment charge.

In my case I was due a credit and this was returned to me through the DD still in place. Then I cancelled it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 06-May-15 11:54:13
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

TT residential is fine if you're happy with using their online forums all manned by UK based staff- they have 4,000,000+ customers so they must be doing something right. However if you want top class Warrington based phone support almost as good as AAISP (and certainly as good as the likes of Zen, IDNET) then TT business are your best bet.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business Fibre 79999/20000 kbps
Powered by Asus RT-AC87R
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 06-May-15 12:57:18
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

And following the recent residential price increase, TTB and TTR are pretty much the same price now.

Oliver.
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 06-May-15 21:33:46
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Or TT reseller, which can give superb customer service.

Standard User AAuser27
(regular) Fri 08-May-15 16:29:23
Print Post

When I had my A&A line connected the engineer used the TT fibre router as I didn't have one at the time and it did look decent.
Standard User TrevorSP
(knowledge is power) Tue 12-May-15 14:32:26
Print Post

[re: Sylcol] [link to this post]

Well my experience of BT so far since the transfer has been superb!
I think we can see from my TBB speed checks the difference very clearly !!!
I won't go on as I think it speaks for itself !!!
HERE !!!

Regards,
Trevor

2 x TalkTalk upto 40mb FTTC lines, current speeds a good 37-38mbps on each one.(hiding behind an assortment of Asus RT-N66U Dual Band, DGND3700v2 Dual Band, DG834PN and DGN2000 routers) on: a Win7sp1 64 Ult. Desktop, Win8 x64 Pro (RTM) ) Desktop & Win 8 x64 Pro (RTM) Laptop. 5 x iPads, 1 x Archos 700, 3 x DELL C1760cn Wi-Fi Colour Laser Printers, Assorted Windows and iPhone Mobile phones, an 8ch CCTV system embedded into the Network along with an LG Smart TV, an LG Smart Blu-ray Player Recorder and an LG Smart Sound System.
Standard User NUTTER44444
(committed) Fri 19-Jun-15 23:07:08
Print Post

I have talktalk for my fibre and calls (switched in Janurary) Last friday for seemingly no reason my phone line died (I only found out when I tried to phone my partner at 6 as our usual time) phone was ringing but I wasn't getting any incoming tone and I couldn't make calls either. Submitted a fault via online (now this was after 6 at night) The openreach engineer was rather surprisingly at my house 11 next morning (on a saturday) and I was back to normal by 12 (He did say though that the fibre had seemingly caused it perhaps whatever he meant as the exchange here is still over capacity (despite the fact we now have 2 cabinets) Still I impressed with the fact it got fixed so quickly. Completely unexpected and been very impressed with the service I have received in general from talktalk
Standard User TrevorSP
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-Jul-15 15:09:53
Print Post

[re: Sylcol] [link to this post]

I did note everyone's comments and took them on board, it must be just me that had a bad experience with them then. The fact is our outage was long and I had chalk marked the pavement outside where the fault was. BT agreed with me.
TT support would NOT call out anyone for me, insisting that the fault was inside the premises! I have all the routers unopened that they sent me!!!

When BT took over, not only did they do the pavement, but my speeds have been far better and more consistent with better latency than with TT.

I WILL PRAISE TalkTalk's billing process. I left my DD in place as advised by you and it was a dream. Somehow I got a £37.50 refund, which doesn't make rhyme not reason, but I then closed the DD and have heard nothing from them since.

Like I say, must have just been me with their support department. Suffice to say, everyone is happy now and the Grandson can resubmit his homework etc. saving a stack of printing!!! and we can watch all our HD films etc. in the living room from Now TV, iTunes and Amazon or whichever the Partner chooses for the coming month!!! smile

Now if TT could produce a remote for my Partner or Grandson, of course I would be back, like a shot!.

Regards,
Trevor

Edited by TrevorSP (Wed 22-Jul-15 15:11:37)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to