User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Tue 11-Sep-18 20:06:39
Print Post

Re: Talktalk out of 10

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

With G.fast you get the extra speed without having fibre to your property - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOF6Wimj9Gg

G.fast generally offers two primary wholesale service tiers at 160Mbps (30Mbps upload) and 330Mbps (50Mbps upload), which ISPs are likely to market using slower speeds due to the current advertising rules. The service also attracts a fault threshold 100Mbps (here), which helps to ensure that only consumers able to get an “ultrafast broadband” (100Mbps+) speed will be able to order it.

At retail we tend to observe that G.fast packages are around +£10-£15 per month more expensive than the previous generation of VDSL2 based Fibre-to-the-Cabinet (FTTC) services (those offered max speeds of up to 80Mbps) and the installation will also attract an engineer visit. However some ISPs will no doubt adopt aggressive pricing in order to encourage early uptake (e.g. TalkTalk).

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/06/openre...

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Tue 11-Sep-18 20:15:23)

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 12-Sep-18 08:51:20
Print Post

[re: sosodef] [link to this post]

Never used them myself, but I have had to deal with them in the past for other people and you do not want to contact their customer service, they are worse than BT if that is possible.
Over the years I had to try and sort out a lot of people internet who was on Talk Talk, because Talk Talk could not provide a decent service, even to someone who was down the road from the telephone Exchange.
Granted that was in ADSL days and TT seemed to be better with FTTC, but saying that most of the people who was having problems with Talk Talk have left them and gone elsewhere, only 2 of them are still Talk Talk and they seem to be ok.

But after all the hassle I had with their customer service, after them being hacked and seeing their sales reps in town and the way they chase after people, I would not touch Talk Talk with a barge pole.

But that is just my opinion.

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered and back to windows 8.1, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Wed 12-Sep-18 12:19:59
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
I would not touch Talk Talk with a barge pole.

Many won’t touch Plusnet with an even larger barge pole wink

On a serious note, why do you have to troll TalkTalk threads/articles when you’ve never been a customer of theirs? You’ve already told us 10,000,000,000 times that you’re not a fan of them...whoopeeee do

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by baby_frogmella (Wed 12-Sep-18 12:22:45)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(committed) Wed 12-Sep-18 16:29:56
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
I would not touch Talk Talk with a barge pole.

On a serious note, why do you have to troll TalkTalk threads/articles when you’ve never been a customer of theirs? You’ve already told us 10,000,000,000 times that you’re not a fan of them...whoopeeee do

Well said and i was thinking exactly the same, he has popped up in threads i have posted in before and i do not believe his "i have contacted talktalk numerous times for other people" story i think as you its just him trolling but if he would like to share some proof i will gladly admit i am wrong, i will not be holding my breath. wink

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 12-Sep-18 20:18:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by Chippy_Tea_:
[

Well said and i was thinking exactly the same, he has popped up in threads i have posted in before and i do not believe his "i have contacted talktalk numerous times for other people" story i think as you its just him trolling but if he would like to share some proof i will gladly admit i am wrong, i will not be holding my breath. [wink]

How the hell am I going to get proof that I have contacted Talk Talk, do you want me to have recordings of when I talked to them? that is a pathetic thing to say.

I talked to them more than you have I expect, same with Sky for different people, but not for broadband, the same with BT. People ask me for help and I have to phone these companies on their behalf.

Like my Neighbour who was wondering why they was getting charged so my by BT and did not realise they could have unlimited. TBH, BT was good about that, they gave a good discount for 12 months, more than paid for the extra cost.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 12-Sep-18 20:24:22
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
Many won’t touch Plusnet with an even larger barge pole wink

If it was not for the fact that I needed a provider quickly when the provider i was with at the time decided they could not cope, I would not have touched Plusnet with a barge pole either. they was cheap and they could get my phone line up and running pretty quickly. My idea was to stay with them until the end of my contract and find somewhere else, but to be honest they have been pretty good to me. They sent BTOR out 4 times to try to solve a fault, they even sent me a pretty expensive router compared to what they normally send out to try to solve the problem.

Sadly the problem is not really solved, but it is a BTOR problem and they do not know what the problem is, which is why I am now going to stick with the old BTOR modem as that seems to work fine.

As for Talk Talk, just saying my piece, since the OP is a newbie.

i did say that Talk Talk do seem to be better with Fibre.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
(committed) Wed 12-Sep-18 20:40:47
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

[

Well said and i was thinking exactly the same, he has popped up in threads i have posted in before and i do not believe his "i have contacted talktalk numerous times for other people" story i think as you its just him trolling but if he would like to share some proof i will gladly admit i am wrong, i will not be holding my breath. [wink]

How the hell am I going to get proof that I have contacted Talk Talk, do you want me to have recordings of when I talked to them? that is a pathetic thing to say.

You portray yourself as the in the know internet problem solving guy everyone trusts to sort their problems and yet you choose to do so using phone support even though everyone who "is in the know" wouldn't touch it with a barge pole because of its bad reputation and because there are far better ways of getting help, online live chat and the community support forum are the best means of contacting Talk Talk and have been for quite a while so i ask myself why such a switched on guy would use the worst method when there are better alternatives.

Standard User sosodef
(newbie) Thu 13-Sep-18 16:40:02
Print Post

Thanks again Chippy_tea for the videos very useful insight. That is the first time I have seen FTTP actually linked to a house before. Looks pretty conveniet via a telephone pole. Thats a lot of cabling inside the guys house smile

I never heard of Gfast before. Looks great but will have to wait a little longer before that arrives in my area.

26,000,000 is a lot of premises I guess MrSaffron but they should get started sooner rather than later. THere doesnt seem to be anything better than Fibre at the moment.

Thanks Zyborg for your opinion. Understandable~~~~ I think I will try them after my VM as they are cheaper and thats quite important to me at the moment with half decent speeds. I think as others said we always voice our complaints rather say it is working which is why i was looking for a good independent forum.

I think the new router from TT looks promising as I can see a neighbour broadcasting their wifi whereas my VM is barely detectable beyond my front door.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Sep-18 16:43:08
Print Post

You portray yourself as the in the know internet problem solving guy everyone trusts to sort their problems and yet you choose to do so using phone support even though everyone who "is in the know" wouldn't touch it with a barge pole because of its bad reputation and because there are far better ways of getting help, online live chat and the community support forum are the best means of contacting Talk Talk and have been for quite a while so i ask myself why such a switched on guy would use the worst method when there are better alternatives.

No connection, so how is it possible to get online support?

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Sep-18 16:57:41
Print Post

[re: sosodef] [link to this post]

Just because a router is blasting the Wi-fi out in the street, does not mean it is better. My router is far better than the BT one and yet my next door neighbours signal reaches over the other side of the street,m while mine don't. that is because my router is further away from the windows than my neighbours.
i am not saying the TT router Wi-fi is not better, just saying there are other reason for you thinking it is.

Try TT by all means, but to be honest if I was on a cable network I do not think I would use a BT based network, unless Virgin is really bad.

At the end of the day you can suck it and see, the one problem I do have is the long contracts that we have these days, this is not a Talk Talk thing, but seems to be most providers.

Good luck with which ever way you fly,

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to