User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Sun 09-Sep-18 13:48:16
Print Post

Re: Talktalk out of 10

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
the TalkTalk HG635 range was better than the HomeHub 5, shame they changed that router to the HG633 which is nowhere near as good WiFi wise.

I had the HG633 and asked (on the support forum) for a D-Link 3782 as the wi-fi signal was weak and we struggled to connect to the HG633 in the furthest room from it, they sent me a D-Link 3782 and it solved the problem.

Watch the TT video here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-...
Standard User sosodef
(newbie) Sun 09-Sep-18 15:50:19
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

Oh I see tthom. Did they charge you for leaving? They say they wont charge if they cant give you the speed they quote.

MrSaffron~ BTwholesale says FTTH is available and FTTC but samknows says FTTH isnt available. Downstream high is 64MB and low is 44MB/upstream high is 17.4 and low is 11.7MB on FTTC. So maybe it will be alright?

FTTP is downstream 330Mb and upstream 30MB, but I dont know who is offering this. Though I wouldnt need it is useful to know where it is offered and by whom.....

Thanks Chippy Tea and Ukhardy07 so you guys and baby are in the same happy boat. Yea ChippyTea I think 35MBs will be enough for me too. I just want to stream and use video cam calling too. So should be okay.

So I should look out for the D-Link 3782~~~useful to know. They should just send that out as standard. Ah yes I dont mind the online chat if the internet works at least smile Although I have BT openreach socket I cant see how it connects to any wires outside the house like other houses. I think the phone line might have been cut off. But all the houses along the street dont have a phone wire connecting the top of their home to a pole.

I thought for FTTC it would be a thick cable coming in to your home then connecting a D-Link.

Edited by sosodef (Sun 09-Sep-18 16:00:48)

Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Sep-18 18:06:21
Print Post

[re: sosodef] [link to this post]

Re: FTTH/P, I suspect you are referring to 'FTTP On Demand' on the BT dsl checker which you have to pay £1000s (often £10000+) to get installed and which then costs £100+ per month in service charges on top

TalkTalk let you leave within 30 days of going live under their '30 day connection guarantee' penalty free.

Re: their router, their latest wifi hub is supposed to be quite good (made by Sagemcom)
https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/wifiHub

But you are free to use any third party router on TT if you want so router choice isn't that big of a deal on TT.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 09-Sep-18 19:33:20
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Thought you were with TT Business - didn't think they had a forum? How would you rank phone/forum support for TT Business?
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Sep-18 19:50:28
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Spud2003:
Thought you were with TT Business - didn't think they had a forum? How would you rank phone/forum support for TT Business?

Yep, also took out a second line with TTB (direct) in 2014 and their phone support was pretty good - Warrington based & many of their support staff are ex-Zen. Though they donít offer a support forum.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by baby_frogmella (Sun 09-Sep-18 19:51:54)

Standard User tthom
(committed) Sun 09-Sep-18 19:50:34
Print Post

Initially they did but I left due to mid contract price rise but charged me anyway till I told my bank to cancel it

Broadband Providers Aoll/O2/Virgin Media(Cable)/BE/BT infinity/Talktalk/BT Infinity 60/11 Sync
[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/3798886040.png[/img]
(committed) Mon 10-Sep-18 16:02:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by sosodef:
I thought for FTTC it would be a thick cable coming in to your home then connecting a D-Link.

FTTC uses the normal copper phone line to connect to the router and it meets the fibre cable at the cabinet, there is no thick cable entering your house on FTTC.

Have a look at this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlAREbdx9iI

Standard User sosodef
(newbie) Tue 11-Sep-18 13:11:38
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

Oh thanks Chipp-tea that is a useful video.

It is still a shame that FTTC cant quite become FFTP....it doesnt seem like that much effort once the fibre has reached the cabinet.
(committed) Tue 11-Sep-18 13:36:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by sosodef:
Oh thanks Chipp-tea that is a useful video.

It is still a shame that FTTC cant quite become FFTP....it doesnt seem like that much effort once the fibre has reached the cabinet.

Its not quite that simple - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-6LKAPlEyk

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 11-Sep-18 14:06:46
Print Post

For an individual premises it may simple, but look at it this way

Fibre to 80,000+ cabinets
Fibre to 26,000,000+ premises

And you can see the difference in the amount of work needed very quickly

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to