User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Sat 15-Sep-18 16:42:15
Print Post

Re: Talktalk out of 10

[re: sosodef] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sosodef:
I have sky dish and wires left over from previous owners, anyone know if that will plug into the youview box from TT and receive digital freeview channels?

My aerial is in the loft otherwise and maybe a bit old.

The TT tv box uses an areal not the dish.

If i was in your position i would not take the TV package and instead work a deal on the broadband only then get a Humax Foxsat HD PVR which you connect to the sky dish, i have the older one (i think its a 1000s) which uses Ethernet to connect to the internet the newer ones use Wi-Fi.

1000s - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yplMxwm45Ak

1100s - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51ruvmdpQ74

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Sat 15-Sep-18 17:05:28)

Standard User neo_wales
(regular) Mon 17-Sep-18 16:56:08
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

I've used TT for years, very good solid connection. I pay for extra's like international calls and calls to mobiles. I'm happy with the TV service...that said I don't watch that much TV these days.

My grown children and many chums use TT and they don't get the issues zyborg's pals seem to have...very strange LOL

Robert
South Wales UK
Talk Talk FTTC
i7 PC
i7 Surface Pro 4
Standard User sosodef
(newbie) Mon 17-Sep-18 19:09:42
Print Post

[re: neo_wales] [link to this post]

Thanks Chippy. Nice idea. I didnít know about Freesat boxes. Just hope that the sky satellite points at Astra 28.2E. That said 50 pounds is not bad for a cheap box.

I like the videos you provided. But those boxes seem a little above my budget. At least the sky satellite is fixed and newer than the old aerial in the loft.

Thanks Neo-Wales. That is useful to know. I am glad I have found another person happy with TT FTTC.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(committed) Tue 18-Sep-18 17:32:37
Print Post

Thanks Chippy. Nice idea. I didnít know about Freesat boxes. Just hope that the sky satellite points at Astra 28.2E. That said 50 pounds is not bad for a cheap box.

I like the videos you provided. But those boxes seem a little above my budget. At least the sky satellite is fixed and newer than the old aerial in the loft.

The original Foxsat HD HDR is a great box (i used to have one) and they are now going for sensible money on ebay (ignoring buy it now)

If you do get one make sure its not plugged into the mains when you screw the leads from the dish into the box as it can ruin it. (believe me many have done this)

If you search ebay for Foxsat HDR HD Digital Box there are some good priced ones going

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0...
Standard User neo_wales
(regular) Sat 22-Sep-18 19:00:08
Print Post

Thanks Neo-Wales. That is useful to know. I am glad I have found another person happy with TT FTTC.

Millions are happy with TT, its just forums tend to attract some members with fixed views and other issues frown

Robert
South Wales UK
Talk Talk FTTC
i7 PC
i7 Surface Pro 4
(committed) Sun 23-Sep-18 12:49:06
Print Post

[re: neo_wales] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by neo_wales:

Millions are happy with TT, its just forums tend to attract some members with fixed views and other issues frown

I agree, what people don't realise is TT have (or had last time i looked) 4.5 million customers and as no ISP has 100% customer satisfaction 100% of the time there are bound to be unhappy customers voicing their frustration on forums like this its a shame more of the happy ones don't bother to give suggestions (in these threads) on how to avoid the main problem with TT and that is phone support.

Standard User sosodef
(newbie) Mon 24-Sep-18 18:56:43
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

Itís good to hear positives too Neo_Wales and Chippy_Tea. Hopefully others that visit this forum will see the comments you have posted which is great to hear the other side of the story.

Apparently in 2016 TT had 3.9 million subscribers, BT at 9.2 million, Sky at 6.2 million and VM at 5.2 million.

So TT have got to be doing something right to get that kind of subscriber base.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to