User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sosodef
(newbie) Sat 08-Sep-18 19:10:40
Print Post

Talktalk out of 10

[link to this post]

Dear all,

I am in the Redbridge area and looking to move to Talktalk from VM due to price increases.
How do rate Talktalk fibre 35mb or 63mb.

I have about 2 devices that connect to the internet and occasionally stream and download.

My cabinet says I can get 63MB fibre downloads.

Also would I need a phone line? As I donít have one at the moment....except the one from virgin.

Many thanks,

Chris

Edited by sosodef (Sat 08-Sep-18 19:41:47)

Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Sat 08-Sep-18 20:41:52
Print Post

Re: Talktalk out of 10

[re: sosodef] [link to this post]

I have the faster fibre package capped at 38Mbps and these are my speeds, i have been a TT customer more than 10 years and am not looking to move.

There are 3 of us and we use the internet a lot.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/_assets/speedtest/but...

I haven't a clue about the Virgin line but am sure someone will advise soon.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Sep-18 21:37:20
Print Post

I was with TT from 2010 to 2017 and very happy with the service, only left them as I paid to get a FTTP line installed and obviously TT don't do Openreach flavoured FTTP.

My TT experience:

Line speeds and service reliability: 9/10

Phone Support: 5/10

Forum Support: 8/10

If you don't mind using their forum for support then TT offer excellent value for money smile

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Brunel
(experienced) Sun 09-Sep-18 01:37:50
Print Post

You would need to have a new 'phone line installed. T.T. can arrange this.
Standard User sosodef
(newbie) Sun 09-Sep-18 09:05:43
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

Thanks all for your replies. Really useful info. Didn't know I need a phone line Brunel, even though I am looking for just the broadband. I guess I will have to pay for the phone line even though I dont use it. So they can't use the phone line from virgin?

Wow baby_frogmella that is encouraging. I see....FTTP is much better than FTTC. My local exchange says FTTC is available in some areas. How much of a difference in download will this mean?

Chippy Tea that is good to hear. All i read online is that people have bad experience of TT. Do you have have FTTC aswell?

I have VM at the moment but they keep hiking the price even after negotiating and I dont use TV hardly. Anyone got the TT 63MB package?
Standard User tthom
(committed) Sun 09-Sep-18 10:04:17
Print Post

All depends on the exchange. I lasted 1 month with them into a 12 month contract.

Speed 63meg during the day 3meg at night. Flip side my friend is on another exchange and gets full speeds always

2 out of 10 since I was last with them

Broadband Providers Aoll/O2/Virgin Media(Cable)/BE/BT infinity/Talktalk/BT Infinity 60/11 Sync
[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/3798886040.png[/img]

Edited by tthom (Sun 09-Sep-18 19:48:14)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 09-Sep-18 11:00:37
Print Post

Worried you are mixed up on the speeds you can get...

What does https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm give for the FTTC speed range, pick the address checker then type in your postcode and it will offer a list of addresses

The 63 Mbps is the advertised speed, not your individual estimate

FTTP is better than FTTC, but apart from a small area of York TalkTalk do not sell FTTP. So difference in speed is irrelevant unless moving to the York.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(committed) Sun 09-Sep-18 12:41:45
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
My TT experience:

Line speeds and service reliability: 9/10

Phone Support: 5/10

Forum Support: 8/10

If you don't mind using their forum for support then TT offer excellent value for money smile

I forgot to add a score to my original post and agree with the above.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Sep-18 12:57:06
Print Post

I had BT and TalkTalk in my home, one for business one for personal, they both ran just as well as one another. Most of the family used the TalkTalk one in the end as the TalkTalk HG635 range was better than the HomeHub 5, shame they changed that router to the HG633 which is nowhere near as good WiFi wise.

Out of 10, everything a 10 (speed, reliability etc), apart from phone customer services which gets a 2/10, it is awful.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Sun 09-Sep-18 12:57:27)

(committed) Sun 09-Sep-18 13:36:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by sosodef:
Wow baby_frogmella that is encouraging. I see....FTTP is much better than FTTC. My local exchange says FTTC is available in some areas. How much of a difference in download will this mean?

Chippy Tea that is good to hear. All i read online is that people have bad experience of TT. Do you have have FTTC aswell?

Most of the moaning about bad experience is done by TT customers who have problems and struggle with phone support, if you have issues try the online live chat on the TT webpage which i have used and prefer to phone support, the support forum is also very good but is not 24/7 as they do not work weekends.

I have FTTC and the faster fibre package which is capped at 38 Mbps if you add the speed boost (£5 per month last time i looked) the cap is taken off and you can get up to 76 Mbps, i average 35 Mbps using the TBB speed tester and that is more than enough for what our family need and we do use it a lot.
(committed) Sun 09-Sep-18 13:48:16
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
the TalkTalk HG635 range was better than the HomeHub 5, shame they changed that router to the HG633 which is nowhere near as good WiFi wise.

I had the HG633 and asked (on the support forum) for a D-Link 3782 as the wi-fi signal was weak and we struggled to connect to the HG633 in the furthest room from it, they sent me a D-Link 3782 and it solved the problem.

Watch the TT video here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-...
Standard User sosodef
(newbie) Sun 09-Sep-18 15:50:19
Print Post

Oh I see tthom. Did they charge you for leaving? They say they wont charge if they cant give you the speed they quote.

MrSaffron~ BTwholesale says FTTH is available and FTTC but samknows says FTTH isnt available. Downstream high is 64MB and low is 44MB/upstream high is 17.4 and low is 11.7MB on FTTC. So maybe it will be alright?

FTTP is downstream 330Mb and upstream 30MB, but I dont know who is offering this. Though I wouldnt need it is useful to know where it is offered and by whom.....

Thanks Chippy Tea and Ukhardy07 so you guys and baby are in the same happy boat. Yea ChippyTea I think 35MBs will be enough for me too. I just want to stream and use video cam calling too. So should be okay.

So I should look out for the D-Link 3782~~~useful to know. They should just send that out as standard. Ah yes I dont mind the online chat if the internet works at least smile Although I have BT openreach socket I cant see how it connects to any wires outside the house like other houses. I think the phone line might have been cut off. But all the houses along the street dont have a phone wire connecting the top of their home to a pole.

I thought for FTTC it would be a thick cable coming in to your home then connecting a D-Link.

Edited by sosodef (Sun 09-Sep-18 16:00:48)

(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Sep-18 18:06:21
Print Post

Re: FTTH/P, I suspect you are referring to 'FTTP On Demand' on the BT dsl checker which you have to pay £1000s (often £10000+) to get installed and which then costs £100+ per month in service charges on top

TalkTalk let you leave within 30 days of going live under their '30 day connection guarantee' penalty free.

Re: their router, their latest wifi hub is supposed to be quite good (made by Sagemcom)
https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/wifiHub

But you are free to use any third party router on TT if you want so router choice isn't that big of a deal on TT.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 09-Sep-18 19:33:20
Print Post

Thought you were with TT Business - didn't think they had a forum? How would you rank phone/forum support for TT Business?
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Sep-18 19:50:28
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Spud2003:
Thought you were with TT Business - didn't think they had a forum? How would you rank phone/forum support for TT Business?

Yep, also took out a second line with TTB (direct) in 2014 and their phone support was pretty good - Warrington based & many of their support staff are ex-Zen. Though they donít offer a support forum.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by baby_frogmella (Sun 09-Sep-18 19:51:54)

Standard User tthom
(committed) Sun 09-Sep-18 19:50:34
Print Post

Initially they did but I left due to mid contract price rise but charged me anyway till I told my bank to cancel it

Broadband Providers Aoll/O2/Virgin Media(Cable)/BE/BT infinity/Talktalk/BT Infinity 60/11 Sync
[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/3798886040.png[/img]
(committed) Mon 10-Sep-18 16:02:16
Print Post

I thought for FTTC it would be a thick cable coming in to your home then connecting a D-Link.

FTTC uses the normal copper phone line to connect to the router and it meets the fibre cable at the cabinet, there is no thick cable entering your house on FTTC.

Have a look at this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlAREbdx9iI

Standard User sosodef
(newbie) Tue 11-Sep-18 13:11:38
Print Post

Oh thanks Chipp-tea that is a useful video.

It is still a shame that FTTC cant quite become FFTP....it doesnt seem like that much effort once the fibre has reached the cabinet.
(committed) Tue 11-Sep-18 13:36:39
Print Post

Oh thanks Chipp-tea that is a useful video.

It is still a shame that FTTC cant quite become FFTP....it doesnt seem like that much effort once the fibre has reached the cabinet.

Its not quite that simple - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-6LKAPlEyk

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 11-Sep-18 14:06:46
Print Post

For an individual premises it may simple, but look at it this way

Fibre to 80,000+ cabinets
Fibre to 26,000,000+ premises

And you can see the difference in the amount of work needed very quickly

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(committed) Tue 11-Sep-18 20:06:39
Print Post

With G.fast you get the extra speed without having fibre to your property - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOF6Wimj9Gg

G.fast generally offers two primary wholesale service tiers at 160Mbps (30Mbps upload) and 330Mbps (50Mbps upload), which ISPs are likely to market using slower speeds due to the current advertising rules. The service also attracts a fault threshold 100Mbps (here), which helps to ensure that only consumers able to get an ďultrafast broadbandĒ (100Mbps+) speed will be able to order it.

At retail we tend to observe that G.fast packages are around +£10-£15 per month more expensive than the previous generation of VDSL2 based Fibre-to-the-Cabinet (FTTC) services (those offered max speeds of up to 80Mbps) and the installation will also attract an engineer visit. However some ISPs will no doubt adopt aggressive pricing in order to encourage early uptake (e.g. TalkTalk).

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/06/openre...

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Tue 11-Sep-18 20:15:23)

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 12-Sep-18 08:51:20
Print Post

Never used them myself, but I have had to deal with them in the past for other people and you do not want to contact their customer service, they are worse than BT if that is possible.
Over the years I had to try and sort out a lot of people internet who was on Talk Talk, because Talk Talk could not provide a decent service, even to someone who was down the road from the telephone Exchange.
Granted that was in ADSL days and TT seemed to be better with FTTC, but saying that most of the people who was having problems with Talk Talk have left them and gone elsewhere, only 2 of them are still Talk Talk and they seem to be ok.

But after all the hassle I had with their customer service, after them being hacked and seeing their sales reps in town and the way they chase after people, I would not touch Talk Talk with a barge pole.

But that is just my opinion.

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered and back to windows 8.1, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
(knowledge is power) Wed 12-Sep-18 12:19:59
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
I would not touch Talk Talk with a barge pole.

Many wonít touch Plusnet with an even larger barge pole wink

On a serious note, why do you have to troll TalkTalk threads/articles when youíve never been a customer of theirs? Youíve already told us 10,000,000,000 times that youíre not a fan of them...whoopeeee do

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by baby_frogmella (Wed 12-Sep-18 12:22:45)

(committed) Wed 12-Sep-18 16:29:56
Print Post

I would not touch Talk Talk with a barge pole.

On a serious note, why do you have to troll TalkTalk threads/articles when youíve never been a customer of theirs? Youíve already told us 10,000,000,000 times that youíre not a fan of them...whoopeeee do

Well said and i was thinking exactly the same, he has popped up in threads i have posted in before and i do not believe his "i have contacted talktalk numerous times for other people" story i think as you its just him trolling but if he would like to share some proof i will gladly admit i am wrong, i will not be holding my breath. wink

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 12-Sep-18 20:18:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by Chippy_Tea_:
[

Well said and i was thinking exactly the same, he has popped up in threads i have posted in before and i do not believe his "i have contacted talktalk numerous times for other people" story i think as you its just him trolling but if he would like to share some proof i will gladly admit i am wrong, i will not be holding my breath. [wink]

How the hell am I going to get proof that I have contacted Talk Talk, do you want me to have recordings of when I talked to them? that is a pathetic thing to say.

I talked to them more than you have I expect, same with Sky for different people, but not for broadband, the same with BT. People ask me for help and I have to phone these companies on their behalf.

Like my Neighbour who was wondering why they was getting charged so my by BT and did not realise they could have unlimited. TBH, BT was good about that, they gave a good discount for 12 months, more than paid for the extra cost.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 12-Sep-18 20:24:22
Print Post

Many wonít touch Plusnet with an even larger barge pole wink

If it was not for the fact that I needed a provider quickly when the provider i was with at the time decided they could not cope, I would not have touched Plusnet with a barge pole either. they was cheap and they could get my phone line up and running pretty quickly. My idea was to stay with them until the end of my contract and find somewhere else, but to be honest they have been pretty good to me. They sent BTOR out 4 times to try to solve a fault, they even sent me a pretty expensive router compared to what they normally send out to try to solve the problem.

Sadly the problem is not really solved, but it is a BTOR problem and they do not know what the problem is, which is why I am now going to stick with the old BTOR modem as that seems to work fine.

As for Talk Talk, just saying my piece, since the OP is a newbie.

i did say that Talk Talk do seem to be better with Fibre.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
(committed) Wed 12-Sep-18 20:40:47
Print Post

[

Well said and i was thinking exactly the same, he has popped up in threads i have posted in before and i do not believe his "i have contacted talktalk numerous times for other people" story i think as you its just him trolling but if he would like to share some proof i will gladly admit i am wrong, i will not be holding my breath. [wink]

How the hell am I going to get proof that I have contacted Talk Talk, do you want me to have recordings of when I talked to them? that is a pathetic thing to say.

You portray yourself as the in the know internet problem solving guy everyone trusts to sort their problems and yet you choose to do so using phone support even though everyone who "is in the know" wouldn't touch it with a barge pole because of its bad reputation and because there are far better ways of getting help, online live chat and the community support forum are the best means of contacting Talk Talk and have been for quite a while so i ask myself why such a switched on guy would use the worst method when there are better alternatives.

Standard User sosodef
(newbie) Thu 13-Sep-18 16:40:02
Print Post

Thanks again Chippy_tea for the videos very useful insight. That is the first time I have seen FTTP actually linked to a house before. Looks pretty conveniet via a telephone pole. Thats a lot of cabling inside the guys house smile

I never heard of Gfast before. Looks great but will have to wait a little longer before that arrives in my area.

26,000,000 is a lot of premises I guess MrSaffron but they should get started sooner rather than later. THere doesnt seem to be anything better than Fibre at the moment.

Thanks Zyborg for your opinion. Understandable~~~~ I think I will try them after my VM as they are cheaper and thats quite important to me at the moment with half decent speeds. I think as others said we always voice our complaints rather say it is working which is why i was looking for a good independent forum.

I think the new router from TT looks promising as I can see a neighbour broadcasting their wifi whereas my VM is barely detectable beyond my front door.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Sep-18 16:43:08
Print Post

You portray yourself as the in the know internet problem solving guy everyone trusts to sort their problems and yet you choose to do so using phone support even though everyone who "is in the know" wouldn't touch it with a barge pole because of its bad reputation and because there are far better ways of getting help, online live chat and the community support forum are the best means of contacting Talk Talk and have been for quite a while so i ask myself why such a switched on guy would use the worst method when there are better alternatives.

No connection, so how is it possible to get online support?

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Sep-18 16:57:41
Print Post

Just because a router is blasting the Wi-fi out in the street, does not mean it is better. My router is far better than the BT one and yet my next door neighbours signal reaches over the other side of the street,m while mine don't. that is because my router is further away from the windows than my neighbours.
i am not saying the TT router Wi-fi is not better, just saying there are other reason for you thinking it is.

Try TT by all means, but to be honest if I was on a cable network I do not think I would use a BT based network, unless Virgin is really bad.

At the end of the day you can suck it and see, the one problem I do have is the long contracts that we have these days, this is not a Talk Talk thing, but seems to be most providers.

Good luck with which ever way you fly,

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
(committed) Thu 13-Sep-18 16:58:17
Print Post

No connection, so how is it possible to get online support?

Mobile phone!

Have all the people you have helped lost connection so you couldn't use any other method of contacting TT or are you just trolling?

I think everyone reading this knows the answer to that question.

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Thu 13-Sep-18 16:59:42)

Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 13-Sep-18 17:50:11
Print Post

Really the only issue with TalkTalk is foreign customer service on TalkTalk residential - if you can speak to UK staff there's typically not much of a problem - speaking of which TalkTalk Business(UK support staff - sosodef) have an offer on at the moment and you can get £73 cashback from Topcashback. It's a two year contract but I believe you can end it early in the second year by paying an early termination fee of £100(?).
(knowledge is power) Thu 13-Sep-18 18:38:48
Print Post

Yup, TTR use overseas call centres when requiring phone support and it can be frustrating having to deal with them. However their forum support staff and twitter staff are all Uk based and are pretty good when it comes to resolving issues.

Re:TTB, no idea what their early termination charges are mid-contract, however They usually increase their prices 1-2 times each year and that allows you to leave penalty free provided you leave within 30 days of them informing you of price increases.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User stepdey
(newbie) Fri 14-Sep-18 09:27:49
Print Post

Didn't they switch from call centers based in India to ones in South Africa ?
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Sep-18 13:13:14
Print Post

[re: stepdey] [link to this post]

You may well be correct, the last time(last few months) I spoke to staff about possible migration they were indeed South African(who I rank better than Indian cs).
Standard User sosodef
(newbie) Fri 14-Sep-18 19:24:00
Print Post

Thanks for the heads up spud. Is TTB seems to be about 30 pounds a month and 2 yr contract. Speeds seem good but am swaying towards to the cheaper home broadband.

Also since I donít have a business will they still let me have it?
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Sep-18 23:02:39
Print Post

TT Business have UK based customer service, TT residential have UK staff on their forums(not phone AFAIK) - but they take a couple of days to respond to a post in my experience. If customer service is likely to be important to you, if you want to just pick up the phone and speak to a British person, you should probably avoid TT residential.

Many businesses are sole traders, people trading under their own name, not aware of any reason TT Business would bar you from purchasing their product.
(knowledge is power) Sat 15-Sep-18 08:53:13
Print Post

I've been with both TT Residential and TT Business in recent years and can explain the main differences between the 2:

TTB + points:

* 7 Day phone support, Warrington based. Any issues are usually resolved in a single phone call - their tech support are very good.

* Option to have a static IP address if req'd. This used to be free but is now charged at £1 per month. No such option on TTR.

* Option to have advanced line calling features on your landline, eg conference calling. These features are chargeable if going for the basic 'simply' package but come free if going for the 'complete' service. The latter also comes with inclusive calls from your landline phone.

* Free new line installation, if req'd.

TTB - points:

* Increased cost. Their cheapest 80/20 FTTC service costs £36 pm incl line rental (£29.95 + vat) versus £25 pm for TTR

* Increased min contract length of 24 months (18 months on TTR)

* No fixed price guarantee, ie TTB can (and usually do) increase services charges mid-contract. At least once a year in my experience.

* AFAIK they still give out the old Technicolor router which is a bit meh, unlike TTR who give out their latest Sagcom router which is supposed to be quite good. However on both TTB and TTR you are free to use your own router so its not that big of a deal.

At the end of the day, you will be paying more on TTB primarily for better phone support - line performance & reliability will be the same.

Only you can decide whether the extra cost can be justified...

(Btw TTB do allow non-Business users to use their services.)

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30
Linksys EA9500v2

Edited by baby_frogmella (Sat 15-Sep-18 09:02:35)

(committed) Sat 15-Sep-18 13:02:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by Spud2003:
TT Business have UK based customer service, TT residential have UK staff on their forums(not phone AFAIK) - but they take a couple of days to respond to a post in my experience. If customer service is likely to be important to you, if you want to just pick up the phone and speak to a British person, you should probably avoid TT residential.

Having been a TT customer for more than ten years i can honestly say people shouldn't be put off by phone supports reputation you may never need to contact support * and if you do and find phone support lacking there is Online chat, the community forum, Twitter and facebook.

* remember customers rarely visit forums like this to tell others how good an ISP is but always do to tell everyone how bad they are!

Online chat is very good as the language barrier is not an issue i have used this in the past and was very impressed you also have the option at the end to copy the conversation as evidence.

The support forum is not manned by their staff at weekends but they have experienced customers who can answer most things and if its an emergency can flag up other customers threads so the OCE's see them at the front of the queue on Monday morning.

TalkTalkVerified account
@TalkTalk
Welcome to our official feed. Follow us for service updates and latest offers. We're here to help from 8am-10pm Mon-Fri and 9am-5.30pm at weekends.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/TalkTalk/

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Sat 15-Sep-18 13:04:42)

Standard User sosodef
(newbie) Sat 15-Sep-18 15:03:12
Print Post

Cheers Baby, Chippy and Spud.

I think i will go with the TTR when my discount on VM runs out. I will try to use the online chat or forums for help. I guess i can use the internet on my phone to contact via these platforms if all else fails. Would you recommend buying over the phone or online? The guy on the phone seemed to offer me 25 pound for tv freeview box and 76MB internet.

I dont like the idea of mid-contract price rises and the 24 month contract. Even the 18month contract is a bit long but sometimes I think if the service works well, then its a good thing.

I have sky dish and wires left over from previous owners, anyone know if that will plug into the youview box from TT and receive digital freeview channels?

My aerial is in the loft otherwise and maybe a bit old.
(committed) Sat 15-Sep-18 16:42:15
Print Post

I have sky dish and wires left over from previous owners, anyone know if that will plug into the youview box from TT and receive digital freeview channels?

My aerial is in the loft otherwise and maybe a bit old.

The TT tv box uses an areal not the dish.

If i was in your position i would not take the TV package and instead work a deal on the broadband only then get a Humax Foxsat HD PVR which you connect to the sky dish, i have the older one (i think its a 1000s) which uses Ethernet to connect to the internet the newer ones use Wi-Fi.

1000s - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yplMxwm45Ak

1100s - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51ruvmdpQ74

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Sat 15-Sep-18 17:05:28)

Standard User neo_wales
(regular) Mon 17-Sep-18 16:56:08
Print Post

I've used TT for years, very good solid connection. I pay for extra's like international calls and calls to mobiles. I'm happy with the TV service...that said I don't watch that much TV these days.

My grown children and many chums use TT and they don't get the issues zyborg's pals seem to have...very strange LOL

Robert
South Wales UK
Talk Talk FTTC
i7 PC
i7 Surface Pro 4
Standard User sosodef
(newbie) Mon 17-Sep-18 19:09:42
Print Post

[re: neo_wales] [link to this post]

Thanks Chippy. Nice idea. I didnít know about Freesat boxes. Just hope that the sky satellite points at Astra 28.2E. That said 50 pounds is not bad for a cheap box.

I like the videos you provided. But those boxes seem a little above my budget. At least the sky satellite is fixed and newer than the old aerial in the loft.

Thanks Neo-Wales. That is useful to know. I am glad I have found another person happy with TT FTTC.
(committed) Tue 18-Sep-18 17:32:37
Print Post

Thanks Chippy. Nice idea. I didnít know about Freesat boxes. Just hope that the sky satellite points at Astra 28.2E. That said 50 pounds is not bad for a cheap box.

I like the videos you provided. But those boxes seem a little above my budget. At least the sky satellite is fixed and newer than the old aerial in the loft.

The original Foxsat HD HDR is a great box (i used to have one) and they are now going for sensible money on ebay (ignoring buy it now)

If you do get one make sure its not plugged into the mains when you screw the leads from the dish into the box as it can ruin it. (believe me many have done this)

If you search ebay for Foxsat HDR HD Digital Box there are some good priced ones going

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0...
Standard User neo_wales
(regular) Sat 22-Sep-18 19:00:08
Print Post

Thanks Neo-Wales. That is useful to know. I am glad I have found another person happy with TT FTTC.

Millions are happy with TT, its just forums tend to attract some members with fixed views and other issues frown

Robert
South Wales UK
Talk Talk FTTC
i7 PC
i7 Surface Pro 4
(committed) Sun 23-Sep-18 12:49:06
Print Post

[re: neo_wales] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by neo_wales:

Millions are happy with TT, its just forums tend to attract some members with fixed views and other issues frown

I agree, what people don't realise is TT have (or had last time i looked) 4.5 million customers and as no ISP has 100% customer satisfaction 100% of the time there are bound to be unhappy customers voicing their frustration on forums like this its a shame more of the happy ones don't bother to give suggestions (in these threads) on how to avoid the main problem with TT and that is phone support.

Standard User sosodef
(newbie) Mon 24-Sep-18 18:56:43
Print Post

Itís good to hear positives too Neo_Wales and Chippy_Tea. Hopefully others that visit this forum will see the comments you have posted which is great to hear the other side of the story.

Apparently in 2016 TT had 3.9 million subscribers, BT at 9.2 million, Sky at 6.2 million and VM at 5.2 million.

So TT have got to be doing something right to get that kind of subscriber base.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to