User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Athers
(newbie) Tue 18-Dec-18 20:29:58
Print Post

Talktalk problems

[link to this post]

My sister went over to talktalk broadband 40mb she was told she would get minimum 32mb
Since sheís joined , over 6 months , itís worse bb Iíve ever had the misfortune to use , sheís lucky to get 8mb , sheís had talktalk engineers (lol) around and they just scratch their heads , then a bt engineer who said itís the router , changed it then couldnít believe that speed was do bad and the only time he could connect via WiFi was if he put his laptop against router . Sister only uses tablet/iPad which isnít bad when sheís 74 but she phones talktalk who just keep saying connect a computer/laptop direct to router SHE DONT HAVE EITHER !!!
Iím going to phone them tomorrow as I believe if they canít supply speed they said would be minimum speed she should get compensated till they do

Iím with sky and if they ever tried this [email protected] they would get an ear bashing which is what talktalk have to look forward to 😀😀😀

Why do broadband companies treat customers especially the elderly ( I hope she donít read this otherwise Iím in big trouble lol ) like [censored]

Edited by Athers (Tue 18-Dec-18 20:31:20)

Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Wed 19-Dec-18 10:18:43
Print Post

Re: Talktalk problems

[re: Athers] [link to this post]

Why do broadband companies treat customers especially the elderly ( I hope she donít read this otherwise Iím in big trouble lol ) like [censored]

Generally speaking they don't, have a look through the ISP unhappiness forum and try to find any other example.

Iím with sky and if they ever tried this [email protected] they would get an ear bashing

What [email protected] do you refer to?

They have tried to test the connection but your sister doesn't have a means of connecting directly to the master socket to eliminate the problem being Wi-Fi related which makes trouble shooting difficult from the start but it looks like they have escalated the problem as they have sent engineers out, you do not explain why they have sent both a TT engineer and a BT engineer which as far as i know is unusual and what has happened since their visits.

Phone support has a bit of a bad reputation and in the very few instances (i have been with them 10 years) i have had to contact TT i have found using online support (see chat box on their website home page) or the community forum (see link below) much better.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/authentication/f...

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Wed 19-Dec-18 11:23:24)

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Dec-18 13:24:49
Print Post

[re: Athers] [link to this post]

Can you get us line statistics from the router? If unsure how - which router do you have?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User burble
(member) Wed 19-Dec-18 21:14:12
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

I've had 'bright sparks' from TalkTalk around to try and sort my connection speed, all they do is check the internal set up and maybe swap out the router, if they then find no problems internally but still a slow speed they recommend OR to check it out, the first OR engineer blamed the TT router and then went on to try a reset at a much to high a speed which wiped out our internet completely, it wasn't until after TT sent two more routers and we had a second OR visit that we got internet back.
p.s. I think the OP shows what happens with secondhand info, there will have been no BT engineers, which then leads to question what other info is not quite correct.

Edited by burble (Wed 19-Dec-18 21:18:29)

Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Thu 20-Dec-18 19:27:49
Print Post

[re: burble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by burble:
p.s. I think the OP shows what happens with secondhand info, there will have been no BT engineers, which then leads to question what other info is not quite correct.

Thanks for the helpful post. (how your problems were sorted)

I thought it strange his sister had visits from a TT and BT engineer hence my earlier comment, i also wonder if he has got that so wrong what other info in the OP is wrong.

At least he will feel better when he gives phone support a bollocking on his sisters behalf.

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Thu 20-Dec-18 19:28:42)

Print Thread

Jump to