User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Fri 08-Feb-19 16:37:27
Print Post

Talktalk Most Popular Broadband Provider 2019.

[link to this post]

That should silence some of their bandwagon jumping haters.

TalkTalk

@TalkTalk

We’re delighted to have been voted Most Popular Broadband Provider 2019 at last night’s
@uSwitchUK

Broadband and Mobile Awards. This is a particularly proud moment for us as this award is voted for by you, the UK public. #uSwitchAwards

https://twitter.com/TalkTalk/status/1093905938187194375

Standard User Scientistnsaint
(newbie) Sat 02-Nov-19 21:54:41
Print Post

Re: Talktalk Most Popular Broadband Provider 2019.

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

"Bandwagon"?

According to Which? they were joint last in their last survey.

"Alongside Sky, TalkTalk received the lowest customer score in our spring 2019 survey: 50%. TalkTalk customers accounted for the highest percentage of customers who reported issues with slow speeds and frequent connection dropouts, and people also reported to us that they had problems getting their issues resolved by TalkTalk. TalkTalk even receives a below-average rating for the value for money it offers, which is notable given its deals are some of the cheapest on the market."

"Ofcom complaints information

The telecoms regulator, Ofcom, publishes information on the number of complaints it receives about the biggest internet service providers. TalkTalk generated 23 complaints per 100,000 customers in the third quarter of 2018, which was above the industry average of 15 complaints per 100,000 customers. Sky had just five complaints per 100,000 customers, while Vodafone generated 27 per 100,000."

Obviously not every TT customer has problems and is dissatisfied, so if you find them OK then good luck to you.

But it does seem as though choosing them is a risky move.
(committed) Sun 03-Nov-19 11:59:46
Print Post

[re: Scientistnsaint] [link to this post]

A little history, we have had members slagging talk talk in the forum for years and it has turned out many had moved to other providers some time ago yet they still jumped on the bandwagon every time someone posted negative comments here, take a look at the isp unhappiness forum if TT were as bad as some say they are the majority of thread would be slating them and that honour at the moment goes to plusnet.

https://forums.thinkbroadband.com/unhappiness.html

TalkTalk generated 23 complaints per 100,000 customers in the third quarter of 2018, which was above the industry average of 15 complaints per 100,000 customers. Sky had just five complaints per 100,000 customers, while Vodafone generated 27 per 100,000."

TT do have a bad reputation for customer support and i no longer use phone support if i need help (i rarely have had to use it in 10 years) i prefer live chat on their site or the community forum which has always worked for me.

These figures are 12 months out of date do you have any recent ones?

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Sun 03-Nov-19 12:04:34)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zadeks
(experienced) Sun 03-Nov-19 14:38:55
Print Post

Very happy with my TT 40/10 service.
Standard User stepdey
(newbie) Sun 03-Nov-19 17:05:00
Print Post

[re: Zadeks] [link to this post]

I too am very happy with my 40/10 service.The speed seems to have slightly improved over the last couple of months.
And in respect of some of those who are getting a "slow" service from talktalk, I do sometimes wonder that if their ISP was not talktalk, would they still be getting the same slow speed ?
(committed) Sun 03-Nov-19 19:09:23
Print Post

[re: stepdey] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by stepdey:
I too am very happy with my 40/10 service.The speed seems to have slightly improved over the last couple of months.
And in respect of some of those who are getting a "slow" service from talktalk, I do sometimes wonder that if their ISP was not talktalk, would they still be getting the same slow speed ?

Thanks Stepdey and Zadeks.

I was happy with the 40/10 service and when i got the new wi-fi router hub offer email i rang and asked if i could renew and i got the 80/20 boost for £2:50 per month, more than happy here.
Standard User rego
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 04-Nov-19 12:37:51
Print Post

I totally agree with you Chipy. I have been a Taltalk customer for over 9 years and the only problems I have were caused by Openreach. Talktalk got my line sorted and over the years have always been most helpful. What a lot of people don't realise is their broadband and phone line is often provided by Taltalk. e.g. First utility broadband
Standard User stepdey
(newbie) Mon 04-Nov-19 12:58:58
Print Post

[re: rego] [link to this post]

Thats a good point rego, that surprised my mates wife ( a talktalk hater ) shes just signed up to Shell Energy because it was cheaper, she was previously with BT and only getting 2.3 Mbs download speed, she now gets exactly the same !
They do live in the sticks and is just about as far from the exchange at Brundall (NFK) as its supply area goes.
Standard User Scientistnsaint
(newbie) Mon 04-Nov-19 16:56:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by Chippy_Tea_:
These figures are 12 months out of date do you have any recent ones?
Latest on Ofcom's site are for Q1 2019, and they show TT as 3rd worst for fixed broadband, 2nd worst for landlines and in first place for the worst pay TV provider.

Given that over the last 4 years TT have always been above the industry average, and only once outside the top 3, and have the highest number of worst places in the quarterly results I don't see that it is "bandwagon jumping" to refer to their track record.

What is interesting to note from that historic data is what an improvement EE have made over time, and how if you ignore them is has been the same 3, TT, BT and PlusNet, jockeying for position in the top 3 places. And that the Post Office, Sky and Virgin have always been better than the industry average.
(committed) Tue 05-Nov-19 12:36:32
Print Post

[re: Scientistnsaint] [link to this post]

Well you cannot argue with stats having said that if you didn't know about these figures and read a forum like this you would not suspect they were in the top 3 of the worst, as i said above one of the biggest issues they have is customer support (phone) its always been frustrating and it would appear from the TT community forum it still is and thats why i never use it.

I have been with TT for over 10 years and my parents have been with them 5 years neither of us have had major issues i am getting FTTC 80/20 Fibre for £27:50 per month for the next 12 months (6 months into the contract) and i will be renewing when the time comes.

TT also guarantee the speed and if you cannot get it you can leave so worth trying if you are out of contract with a different ISP -

Love your new TalkTalk fibre connection,or you’re free to leave -

We’re so confident you’ll love our totally unlimited fibre, that we’ve introduced a Great Connection Guarantee. That means if you switch to TalkTalk, take our Faster Fibre Broadband and aren’t completely satisfied, you’ll be free to leave at any time over the first 30 days of your service being live.

Not loving your new fibre broadband? Follow these steps.
If your new fibre connection isn’t living up to your expectations, we’ll do all we can to make things right. If however you still want to leave under the Great Connection Guarantee, please follow the steps below.

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/content/30day
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to