User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User disz4me
(regular) Thu 28-Feb-19 16:52:27
Print Post

Changing from EE to TalkTalk?

[link to this post]

i've been using ee for the past 18 months but they've put my price up from £39 to £47.
i looked around online and the cheapest provider i could find was talktalk at £30 a month for basically the same service.
i've signed up with talktalk but now ee have come back to be with a pricematch for the next 18 months, so the question is do i stay with ee (have had a couple of issues with speeds dropping but they did fix it after a couple of visits) or go with talk talk who we have no experience with? we also have the added incentive of an £85 quidco payment if we swap.

what are other people's experiences, especially if you've had experience of both providers in the past?

synced at 8128 / 448 with SNR 10 Loop Atten. 19.5.
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Thu 28-Feb-19 17:27:03
Print Post

Re: Changing from EE to TalkTalk?

[re: disz4me] [link to this post]

If you have been happy with the service from EE stick with them as switching could be a bad move and there is no need to switch if you haven't had problems.

I am a happy TT customer who has been with them 10 years.

Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Thu 28-Feb-19 18:09:57
Print Post

I'd stay where you are if I were you. I have always shopped around and asked current ISP to pricematch as I do with insurances etc. This avoids the hassle of switching, setting up new billing system etc with all the potential for snags in the process.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User iefbr14
(learned) Thu 28-Feb-19 23:07:46
Print Post

TalkTalk for £30 ?

I thought TalkTalk were running an offer of 40/10 fibre for £19.95 per month, and only £2.50 extra for the 80/20 service.

Just a thought if price is one of your major concerns.

Edited by iefbr14 (Thu 28-Feb-19 23:08:19)

Standard User disz4me
(regular) Fri 01-Mar-19 09:33:51
Print Post

[re: iefbr14] [link to this post]

we added in the anytime calls which pushed the price up.

Standard User iefbr14
(learned) Sat 02-Mar-19 10:32:56
Print Post

Anytime calls are £7.50 a month at present, so still a price gap, but if you are happy with the deal then that is ok.

But be aware, add-ons like Anytime calls are not part of the "fixed price" contract and TT can change the price (with 30 days notice).
Standard User disz4me
(regular) Sat 02-Mar-19 20:07:18
Print Post

i didn't know that!

Standard User iefbr14
(learned) Sun 03-Mar-19 16:38:52
Print Post

Was the £4 per month "TV Access Charge" mentioned to you ?
Standard User disz4me
(regular) Sun 03-Mar-19 17:19:44
Print Post

no, what is that?

(committed) Sun 03-Mar-19 17:28:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by disz4me:
no, what is that?

Have a look at this - http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/favlinker.php?Entry...
Standard User disz4me
(regular) Sun 03-Mar-19 21:12:28
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

just had a read through the thread and left more confused than ever - some say they're charging £4 for tv and others say they aren't.
i'm baffled - why would they charge £4 for a tv package? i don't have a freeview box.

(committed) Mon 04-Mar-19 16:15:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by disz4me:
just had a read through the thread and left more confused than ever - some say they're charging £4 for tv and others say they aren't.
i'm baffled - why would they charge £4 for a tv package? i don't have a freeview box.

I cannot answer your question as i opted out using live chat (on the TT website) and have not been charged (i do have a box) so If you do decided to join TT i would advise you go on their site and go to live chat and ask every question that concerns you and keep a log of the conversation as backup. .
(committed) Mon 04-Mar-19 18:46:55
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

From the TT community forum -

Lawrie-lpv Newbie

57 minutes ago Post 1 of 1
£4 / month and TalTalk TV unilaterally added to my bill...2 months into 'no change promise'
This additional £4/month charge for Talktalk TV which I’ve never used or agreed to have appeared on my bill with no warning or explanation on the 2nd month of my contract, during which time TalkTalk TV appeared on my BT YouView box, but was never used as we have a Netflix contract.!!!
Ten minutes after they agreed to remove the charge which they unilaterally applied, I get an email which said:
‘The advertised download speed for your TalkTalk package was 36Mb/s. As part of our mission to make broadband fairer for everyone, we’re giving you a clearer look at the speeds you can expect’

The guaranteed speed figures stated in the email were 0 Mb!.
My contract didn’t mention the guaranteed speed only applied to TALKTALK TV subscribers, which I never signed up to!
I can’t check my new ”fair policy” speed till I get back home in mid March, but should the speed be compromised I consider that a breach of my original contract speed ( again, there was no initial reference originally in the agreement to the speed being linked to my having, at any time, the TalkTalk TV facility).
Sorry all, but I see this as a very sneaky way of *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* us for an additional £4/month on pain of a reduction in speed if not taking up the TalkTalk TV option.
If so, I’m off to report to OFCOM and BBC Watchdog and cancelling my contract for breach of contract on TalkTalk’s part.
Im we’ll pd off with all of this and having to waste my time dealing with it.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to