User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 03-Nov-19 14:58:54
Print Post

My experience of TalkTalk

[link to this post]

I've been with TalkTalk twice. Both times after joining, my ADSL2+ connection would drop every two or three days. Multiple routers tested.

Both times after leaving TalkTalk, the issue disappeared. TT were are a loss to explain what was causing this, as am I. Both times I was moved to a new TT port at the exchange.

To their credit they let me leave my contract penalty-free both times.

Oliver.
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Mon 04-Nov-19 14:55:09
Print Post

Re: My experience of TalkTalk

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Could i ask why after the first bad experience you went back when when as you say "Both times after leaving TalkTalk, the issue disappeared" did you have connection problems with the new provider and decide to give TT another chance?
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 04-Nov-19 15:59:02
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chippy_Tea_:
Could i ask why after the first bad experience you went back when when as you say "Both times after leaving TalkTalk, the issue disappeared" did you have connection problems with the new provider and decide to give TT another chance?

I move around occasionally to find good deals, try different ISPs and whatever hardware they supply, out of curiosity more than anything else. I've had infrequent line issues while on other ISPs but Openreach have always fixed it without me having to change ISP (joint corrosion).

I returned to TT because I was baffled by the incident the first time, and my assumption was that it was a hardware issue on TT's exchange hardware and that whatever issue was causing it was fixed in the intervening 4 years. Evidently it wasn't.

Literally my next door neighbour has months of uninterrupted uptime on TT. Having been around these forums and having dealt with REIN issues a long time ago, I'm still at a loss as to what was causing it.

Incidentally the second time I left TT is wasn't just a broadband drop, any active voice call would drop too. That would almost certainly rule out REIN, even if the chances of developing severe REIN just after joining TT, and losing severe REIN as soon as I left were extremely unlikely anyway. I never tested for voice drops the first time as the drops were more random.

I find it a bit frustrating really, as I think TT are a good value ISP and I like their latest router (which I still have) so I would have happily stayed with them both times were it not for this issue.

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(committed) Tue 05-Nov-19 11:56:47
Print Post

Thanks for explaining, how long ago was this, was it fibre?
(committed) Tue 05-Nov-19 12:39:16
Print Post

I have just posted this in another thread may be worth trying next time you are out of contract.

Love your new TalkTalk fibre connection,or you’re free to leave -

We’re so confident you’ll love our totally unlimited fibre, that we’ve introduced a Great Connection Guarantee. That means if you switch to TalkTalk, take our Faster Fibre Broadband and aren’t completely satisfied, you’ll be free to leave at any time over the first 30 days of your service being live.

Not loving your new fibre broadband? Follow these steps.
If your new fibre connection isn’t living up to your expectations, we’ll do all we can to make things right. If however you still want to leave under the Great Connection Guarantee, please follow the steps below.

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/content/30day
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 05-Nov-19 13:09:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by Chippy_Tea_:
Thanks for explaining, how long ago was this, was it fibre?

Both times ADSL2+. The second time I left was about 3 months ago. The first time I was with them was about 4 years ago.

Oliver.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 05-Nov-19 13:11:17
Print Post

Thanks, handy to know. I finally decided to go to fibre for my most recent move so I'd be eligible for this guarantee if I tried them again.

Oliver.
(committed) Tue 05-Nov-19 13:14:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
Thanks, handy to know. I finally decided to go to fibre for my most recent move so I'd be eligible for this guarantee if I tried them again.

Let us know if you switch it'll be interesting to see how it goes.
  Print Thread

Jump to