User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rabd
(regular) Mon 29-Jun-20 10:12:34
Print Post

Closure of Legacy email accounts

[link to this post]

I refused to pay TTs extortionate fee to retain email accounts that I've had for 20 something years (Lineone & Tiscali) and finally got round to organising my contacts using multiple accounts on my own domain.

I expected TT to do as they said they would - close the old accounts when they said they were going to but no... they still are working six months later BUT they have switched off the spam filters.

Thats just PETTY
Standard User Brunel
(experienced) Tue 30-Jun-20 20:19:37
Print Post

Re: Closure of Legacy email accounts *DELETED*

[re: rabd] [link to this post]

Post deleted by Brunel
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Tue 30-Jun-20 22:44:29
Print Post

Re: Closure of Legacy email accounts

POP3 access to my ancient screaming.net e-mail account stopped on the date TT had said they were going to shut the account.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rabd
(regular) Wed 01-Jul-20 06:04:42
Print Post

I have 4 legacy accounts that should have terminated on various dates in January & February. All are still 'active' - I sent test emails from and to all 4 just 10 minutes ago and all mails were delivered. Only one account was widely used to send mail (over a period of 20 some years) and that now receives 7 - 10 spam emails daily up from 1 or twop when the account was 'active'.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 01-Jul-20 11:31:15
Print Post

I have a couple which are still open. I assume they delayed the shut down due to being understaffed and therefore unable to deal with support queries arising from shutting down accounts.

Oliver.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 13-Jul-20 03:31:48
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

My Tiscali POP3 also shut down about when they said it would but SMTP send still works (& is received at recipient).

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 13-Jul-20 13:38:20
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Here's an email I got in Feb: https://imgur.com/lXRULBK

Two more in emails in March saying it will be closed "soon", but it's still open.

Oliver.
  Print Thread

Jump to