User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User KINGMUZZAUK
(regular) Thu 25-Mar-21 20:04:26
Print Post

Talktalk price rise from April 2021

[link to this post]

Still 14 months left on my fixed price contract (obviously no longer a fixed price contract)...But at least i can leave penalty free smile

TalkTalk For Everyone

Our prices are changing. Our commitment to great value isn't.

Dear Mr ***********,
Giving you the best value service is our top priority. Over this extraordinary last year, we've seen broadband usage soar. We’ve invested more heavily in our network, to keep up with demand and to continue offering resilient, totally unlimited usage as standard. Now, alongside other broadband companies, we’ve had to review our prices.
From 25th April 2021, your monthly price will go up by £2 for your Faster Fibre Plan. We’ve also made some changes to your terms and conditions. From 2022, each April we’ll increase the amount you pay per month by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation plus 3.7%, which is lower than BT’s latest CPI based price increase*. Click here to find out more. To see your full terms and conditions, click here.
We’ve also introduced a choice of payment options:

Our Standard Plan
We’ll never increase your price more than once a year and as a value provider, you can rely on your prices to start low and increase less than those of BT, Plusnet and EE*.

Fixed Price Plus
Pay a little more each month throughout your minimum contract term and we guarantee to completely fix your broadband price. Head to My Account to find out more.
Thanks for being a loyal TalkTalk customer. We want you to stay with us, but you can choose to leave us before 25th April 2021 without any charges. You need to contact us directly via phone to ensure you are not charged. After this date, there will be an early termination charge if you cancel your broadband within your minimum contracted term. Click here for more information.

We hope you’ll keep relying on us to provide you with a high quality, great value service that consistently helps you save versus other broadband companies.
Your TalkTalk Team

Edited by KINGMUZZAUK (Thu 25-Mar-21 20:13:03)

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 25-Mar-21 23:39:53
Print Post

Re: Talktalk price rise from April 2021

[re: KINGMUZZAUK] [link to this post]

TTB is increasing prices by £2 also.

Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80/20 Meg Fibre
Speed Test

Highest Sync: 79993/19661

BQM
Standard User zyborg47
(legend) Fri 26-Mar-21 06:33:26
Print Post

That is awful in mid-contract, See, get us hooked online, so we have to do everything online and then put prices up smile

The problem is none of the other are any different, they will give you low prices to start with and then hike them up after.

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered with windows 10 , reluctantly.

Plusnet FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User neo_wales
(member) Fri 26-Mar-21 09:25:50
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Most of the ISPs are doing it, we're 'lucky' with TT, Plusnet is up by 3.9% and BT/EE 4.5%.

At the moment internet usage has gone up 40% so their costs go up, then they all need to make a profit etc.

I've had no price hikes for a long time so I'm not moaning about this rise.

Robert
South Wales UK
Talk Talk FTTC
i9 main PC
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Mar-21 11:22:02
Print Post

Most services are not fixed price. They agree a price but T&C's state that prices may go up once a year.

Same as VM or Sky TV contracts. It's annoying but legal.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk, upgraded to fibre 40/10
Standard User longedge
(experienced) Fri 26-Mar-21 11:35:43
Print Post

[re: neo_wales] [link to this post]

According to the email I got, it's an annual increase equal to the current RPI + 3.9% so it's cumulative price hikes year on year.

plusnet FTTC 55/10
Using a Fritz!Box 7530
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(experienced) Fri 26-Mar-21 15:37:41
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

I moved to fibre 65 in February on an 18 month contract and have had no email about a price rise in fact i have been on one TT contract or another for more than 10 years and cannot remember them ever increasing the cost mid contract.
Standard User gary333
(experienced) Fri 26-Mar-21 16:37:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by KINGMUZZAUK:
Still 14 months left on my fixed price contract (obviously no longer a fixed price contract)...But at least i can leave penalty free smile

TalkTalk For Everyone

Our prices are changing. Our commitment to great value isn't.

Dear Mr ***********,
Giving you the best value service is our top priority. Over this extraordinary last year, we've seen broadband usage soar. We’ve invested more heavily in our network, to keep up with demand and to continue offering resilient, totally unlimited usage as standard. Now, alongside other broadband companies, we’ve had to review our prices.
From 25th April 2021, your monthly price will go up by £2 for your Faster Fibre Plan. We’ve also made some changes to your terms and conditions. From 2022, each April we’ll increase the amount you pay per month by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation plus 3.7%, which is lower than BT’s latest CPI based price increase*. Click here to find out more. To see your full terms and conditions, click here.
We’ve also introduced a choice of payment options:

Our Standard Plan
We’ll never increase your price more than once a year and as a value provider, you can rely on your prices to start low and increase less than those of BT, Plusnet and EE*.

Fixed Price Plus
Pay a little more each month throughout your minimum contract term and we guarantee to completely fix your broadband price. Head to My Account to find out more.
Thanks for being a loyal TalkTalk customer. We want you to stay with us, but you can choose to leave us before 25th April 2021 without any charges. You need to contact us directly via phone to ensure you are not charged. After this date, there will be an early termination charge if you cancel your broadband within your minimum contracted term. Click here for more information.

We hope you’ll keep relying on us to provide you with a high quality, great value service that consistently helps you save versus other broadband companies.
Your TalkTalk Team

Quick look the other way, other companies are doing the same. We like to give you the best value by increasing our prices above inflation. Oh, you signed a contract did you, yeah, well that's for our benefit not yours.

Switch suppliers at every opportunity and get them back at their own game. For consumers (not businesses) the rules should be simple when it comes to contracts for basic utilities like this. Yep, you agree not to leave, and we agree to bill you the same amount for x amount of time. About time this was a mandatory requirement for all utilities. If they want to be in a given position financially they should load the price up front, not sneakily do it later on.
Standard User zyborg47
(legend) Fri 26-Mar-21 17:53:12
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gary333:
Quick look the other way, other companies are doing the same. We like to give you the best value by increasing our prices above inflation. Oh, you signed a contract did you, yeah, well that's for our benefit not yours.

Switch suppliers at every opportunity and get them back at their own game. For consumers (not businesses) the rules should be simple when it comes to contracts for basic utilities like this. Yep, you agree not to leave, and we agree to bill you the same amount for x amount of time. About time this was a mandatory requirement for all utilities. If they want to be in a given position financially they should load the price up front, not sneakily do it later on.

While Plusnet is not perfect, they have never raised their prices for me in the middle of a contract, they did at the end of the contract. The last contract ended, and they sent me a few emails to get me to sign up again, I did not right away as I was looking at other providers. In the end they gave me a good price, and hopefully they will not rise it until the end of the contract, I will then decide about going for full fibre.

A bit naff of Talk Talk to rise the prices in the middle of contracts, even if they did give people a chance to leave, they would have had a shock if they lost a load of customers.

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered with windows 10 , reluctantly.

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(experienced) Fri 26-Mar-21 18:18:53
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chippy_Tea_:
I moved to fibre 65 in February on an 18 month contract and have had no email about a price rise in fact i have been on one TT contract or another for more than 10 years and cannot remember them ever increasing the cost mid contract.

I found this that explains why i haven't had the email.

TalkTalk is hiking broadband and landline bills by up to £36 a year from 1 April

TalkTalk has been sketchy about what info it's giving us as the news is still fresh, but here's what we know so far:

Many broadband customers will be hit by price hikes of £2 a month (£24 a year).

This will affect all broadband customers except the following who won't face any rise:

- Customers who took out a Fibre 35 or Fibre 65 tariff between 10 November 2020 and 1 March 2021.

- Customers on TalkTalk's 'Fixed Price Plus' tariff.

In addition, other broadband costs may rise - such as certain bolt-on features - but TalkTalk hasn't given full details.

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Fri 26-Mar-21 18:25:00)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to