User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User longedge
(experienced) Fri 26-Mar-21 20:22:36
Print Post

Re: Talktalk price rise from April 2021

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

See my post earlier in the thread. I'm sure it will apply to all customers smile

plusnet FTTC 55/10
Using a Fritz!Box 7530
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(experienced) Sat 27-Mar-21 13:11:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
In reply to a post by gary333:
A bit naff of Talk Talk to rise the prices in the middle of contracts, even if they did give people a chance to leave, they would have had a shock if they lost a load of customers.

Many broadband customers will be hit by price hikes of £2 a month (£24 a year).

This will affect all broadband customers except the following who won't face any rise:

- Customers who took out a Fibre 35 or Fibre 65 tariff between 10 November 2020 and 1 March 2021.

- Customers on TalkTalk's 'Fixed Price Plus' tariff.

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Sat 27-Mar-21 13:12:36)

Standard User zyborg47
(legend) Sun 28-Mar-21 09:11:35
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by longedge:
See my post earlier in the thread. I'm sure it will apply to all customers smile

But still a bit naff in mid-contract, why did they not wait until each person came out of contract? ok, people can leave, but not the best way to do business.

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered with windows 10 , reluctantly.

Plusnet FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Futaura
(experienced) Mon 29-Mar-21 14:46:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
In reply to a post by longedge:

But still a bit naff in mid-contract, why did they not wait until each person came out of contract? ok, people can leave, but not the best way to do business.

Indeed. That's what they have done in the past when they change all their plans, etc (i.e. either stay on out of contract prices or renew contract on a new slightly different plan, which is cheaper), which used to be quite a common occurance before the fixed price plans were introduced.

Those paying for the UK calls boost were already hit by a £2 increase for that in January, and a further £2 increase for broadband in April is unimpressive to say the least.

However, I would recommend customers call 0345 1725157 (free from a TalkTalk line) if their current contract price is not particularly competitive, especially after the price rises. You should get straight through to the loyalty team. There are some great deals still to be had (£20 for Fibre 65 and free UK calls boost, both for 24 months, for example). I normally use live chat to renew my contract, but they were offering pathetic deals (more than my current contract price, after price rises!) this time around. I was surprised to find that I got through to a UK call centre on the above number, and it was a much better experience than all the upselling nonsense I had to endure last time I renewed by phone many years ago.
Standard User zyborg47
(legend) Tue 30-Mar-21 08:02:15
Print Post

[re: Futaura] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Futaura:
Indeed. That's what they have done in the past when they change all their plans, etc (i.e. either stay on out of contract prices or renew contract on a new slightly different plan, which is cheaper), which used to be quite a common occurance before the fixed price plans were introduced.

Those paying for the UK calls boost were already hit by a £2 increase for that in January, and a further £2 increase for broadband in April is unimpressive to say the least.

However, I would recommend customers call 0345 1725157 (free from a TalkTalk line) if their current contract price is not particularly competitive, especially after the price rises. You should get straight through to the loyalty team. There are some great deals still to be had (£20 for Fibre 65 and free UK calls boost, both for 24 months, for example). I normally use live chat to renew my contract, but they were offering pathetic deals (more than my current contract price, after price rises!) this time around. I was surprised to find that I got through to a UK call centre on the above number, and it was a much better experience than all the upselling nonsense I had to endure last time I renewed by phone many years ago.

£20 for fibre 65 is pretty good to be honest, not that I would use talk talk myself, not that I can get it here anyway. I was chatting to someone, and they told me plunset done the same thing to them a couple of years ago, tried to change their price in mid-contract, that is naff and I would not be impressed. I suppose it depends on the contract you sign, mine was no price rise while in contract.

I am fine as I am at the moment, not that I can move without costs.

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered with windows 10 , reluctantly.

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(experienced) Tue 30-Mar-21 14:42:07
Print Post

£20 for fibre 65 is pretty good to be honest,

I phoned and got it for £24 for 18 months so am happy and the speed is good.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User BLaZiNgSPEED
(member) Fri 02-Apr-21 08:06:23
Print Post

[re: KINGMUZZAUK] [link to this post]

Same here. 24 month contract since February 2020. I have 10 months remaining on the contract Contract end date: 02 Feb 2022.

I pay £21.95, which was meant to be a fixed price until remainder of the contract.

I believe this is a breach of contract. Strangely I got a £2 refund Credit for some reason. 31 Mar 2021 Adjustment Credit
-£2.00
01 Apr 2021 Adjustment BACS Refund
£2.00

Nothing was cut on my transaction history, but I got £2 for free. At least if I count it this way then that £2 is off for another month.

That means my price will increase to £23.95 for the remainder of the 10 months. Or maybe it will be like 9 months if it is from 25th of April.

Having looked at the packages on Uswitch. I don't see much point in leaving TalkTalk even if it is penalty free as I don't have much of an advantage switching elsewhere at this stage. Prices of other ISP's are more or a less the same. Can't really get cheaper than £24 for 80/20 Mbps.

There are also some talks from my housing estate that they are looking to make an agreement for FTTP this year. If this happens, then tying into a new contract with another ISP may be a mistake. There's a building next to me that just went live 3 days ago with FTTP from Community Fibre here in Central London.

If FTTP comes by then I may as well migrate to FTTP from FTTC later should that happen.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to