Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User deleted
(deleted) Sat 18-Mar-17 18:11:12
Print Post

How to stop my e-mail Server kept sending Invalid e-mail war

[link to this post]

I'm using Thunderbird for my e-mail App in Windows 10. Recently I had sent an e-mail, but also mistakenly copied to an Invalid e-mail address as well after sending it. Every since then I keep on receiving from my Server a "warning-promt" that my C.C e-mail address is INVALID and should repeat send it again later. See below "quote":

There was a temporary problem while delivering your message to ************@o2.co.uk. Gmail will retry for 47 more hours. You'll be notified if the delivery fails permanently.

So how to stop this ERROR Prompts from kept on sending to me from my Server please?? In particular apparently GMail also involved which I have no clue at all!. Alternatively how to "delete" sending this C.C e-mail again in Thunderbird and/or GMail as a mean of stop addressing to this Invalid e-mail address??.
Standard User deleted
(deleted) Sat 18-Mar-17 20:41:55
Print Post

Re: How to stop my e-mail Server kept sending Invalid e-mail

[re: deleted] [link to this post]

This is your mail server telling you that it is still unable to deliver your original message with the invalid address. This will stop in due course and you should receive one final delivery failed message. Many servers are configured to try to deliver an e-mail for 5 days before sending a delivery failed message.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 19-Mar-17 02:52:08
Print Post

What server are you using as your SMTP?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User deleted
(deleted) Sun 19-Mar-17 10:27:19
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
What server are you using as your SMTP?

According to my Thunderbird Setups indication,

Outgoing Server (SMTP): smtp..googlemail.com

OR

Server Type: imap mail server
Server Name: imap.googlemail.com

Thanks for asking
Standard User deleted
(deleted) Sun 19-Mar-17 10:34:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by MCM:
This is your mail server telling you that it is still unable to deliver your original message with the invalid address. This will stop in due course and you should receive one final delivery failed message. Many servers are configured to try to deliver an e-mail for 5 days before sending a delivery failed message.

Unfortunate this is NOT the case for me! Initially I was thinking the same as you did . However I have been receiving the SAME warning message/e-mail ever since, which is at least 2 weeks ago and is still receiving daily at present! It is quite "annoying" for me as I have to delete s string of same warning e-mails EACH day!

Thanks
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 19-Mar-17 10:42:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by OCdragon:
apparently GMail also involved which I have no clue at all!.
Outgoing Server (SMTP): smtp.googlemail.com
That's why! You're using GMail's SMTP to send your emails, presumably from your GMail addy.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 19-Mar-17 10:46:49
Print Post

still receiving daily at present! It is quite "annoying" for me as I have to delete s string of same warning e-mails EACH day!
You could add a filter to TB to delete them from server & then you never need see them.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 19-Mar-17 10:54:47
Print Post

Set up a Message Filter in Thunderbird Tools to move them straight to either your Junk folder or one set up for the purpose. Then empty it in bulk daily or whenever you feel like it.

Re the google SMTP, as others say.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65618/13914Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 19-Mar-17 10:55:50
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

+1
I lost the draft of mine posted following yours. Your idea of just dropping them is better. I didn't think of that.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65618/13914Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 19-Mar-17 11:06:27
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

All my spammers get deleted from server so I never see them.

I have discovered that GMail, unlike others, doesn't actually delete from server even when the mail client tells it to frown.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to