Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User konrado5
(member) Tue 04-Sep-18 00:42:12
Print Post

My ban on forum.kitz.co.uk is unfair

[link to this post]

1. Indeed I had put burakkucat on pressure to respond for a long time. However In this thread I had got final warning and I didn't put on burakkucat pressure to respond since then.
https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,21921.msg37...

2. This thread was locked
https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,22097.0.html
I haven't put pressure on burakkucat to response. However burakkucat have written "I have nothing else to say on this subject. Please do not bring it up again.". I don't understand. I haven't called out burakkucat. I merely explained to kitz that burakkucat has excluded bridge taps on my circuit. However, moderators locked this thread. It caused that I protested against locking of threads.
https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,22114.0.html
https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,22116.0.html
I got ban after this protest.

Edited by konrado5 (Tue 04-Sep-18 01:09:15)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 04-Sep-18 08:24:56
Print Post

Re: My ban on forum.kitz.co.uk is unfair

[re: konrado5] [link to this post]

Why is this a technical issue? This is going to get you banned here to as it has no relevance to this site or this particular forum. Please stop posting about being banned on other unrelated sites.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 04-Sep-18 10:13:01
Print Post

Your repeated posting of things such as your post above can be construed as putting pressure on people to reply, and the double whammy of scaring off anyone who might have something to contribute.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 04-Sep-18 11:16:48
Print Post

How many times do you have to be told?

You were banned because you defied the forum rules and caused Kitz considerable issues. From a post by Kitz in one of the topics you linked:
You also blatantly ignored where I deleted a link to a self proclaimed pirate site and despite the explanation why I wont allow such links, you posted it again asking people to respond demanding their thoughts on the paper and god-damn it you ignored the fact I'd previously removed the link and posted it again and you were given a final warning.

Two days later I get a DCMA notice from Google and find out they have penalised this site as a direct result of your thread. I now have to go through a process of a counterclaim which I am not best pleased about, because this site has always fully complied with DCMA and now I have a black mark with Google. Several forum members have also seen the DCMA penalty notification email rec'd last w/e and its not something I'm just making up for the sake of it.

I don't think you have any idea of how much hard work you cause and time you take up. B*cat has been extremely patient with you and I will not allow you to abuse his good nature any more.

This is the final straw, despite being asked to leave it, you continued to open more and more threads saying you had a right to post. No you don't - you need to obey the forum rules just like everyone else and you pushed the limits too far. The rules are quite clear here. I have had enough.

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Tue 04-Sep-18 13:24:10
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

From five years ago:

PMing me 3 times every time you dont get a response wont get you a quicker reply

https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,12783.msg24...

Just saying.
Standard User micksharpe
(legend) Tue 04-Sep-18 13:33:03
Print Post

No one cares.

'Sir, please,' she said ... 'Will you not share your wisdom with us?'
'I have no wisdom,' he told her.
'Your experiences, then?'
'They have been trivial, uninteresting, and full of error.'
Iain M. Banks -- Feersum Endjinn
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 04-Sep-18 13:33:16
Print Post

Closed

Because the crowd feeling is that you are attempting to continue the pestering that got you banned elsewhere and doing that when you have clearly been told to stop is unfair and actually approaches harassment.

If you have technical questions, then you are free to post, but there is never any guarantee you will get an answer.

If you want guaranteed answers, then the answer is to pay someone for their time, and be prepared that the answer may not be the one you want.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to