Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 12-Aug-19 10:23:30
Print Post

Re: Is this the effect of Crosstalk?

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

If there was astrange mask/profile, or failure to use ports then I would still expect to see an SNR value rather than 0 ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User DanielCoffey67
(regular) Mon 12-Aug-19 10:32:38
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

I do still have my HH6 but I don't think it is possible for a home user to view the tones on the HH6?

I could put the HH6 on overnight and query it through its user screen to view the current sync speed and max attainable as we enter the nightly trough. If the behaviour on the HH6 matched the behaviour on my Zyxel, we could presumably eliminate the Zyxel as being faulty?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 12-Aug-19 10:35:06
Print Post

Not had time to chase this down, but just wondering if your bin to frequency figures are correct, as I thought this was VDSL2 and should start at around 2.2 MHz and you've been talking about ADSL2+ type frequencies

Maybe need more coffee at this end, but just wanted to mention

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 12-Aug-19 10:54:23
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

FTTC still starts down at 25kHz (or there abouts) ... Up0 uses tones 6 or 7 to 32; Dn1 tones 33 to 850 (ish)

Tone 0 is at 0Hz and tone 7 at around 30KHz

M H C

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 12-Aug-19 12:34:36
Print Post

If FTTC was to start down at 25 KHz it would be stomping all over ADSL and ADSL2+ where ADSL is 25 KHz to 1.1 MHz and ADSL2+ is 25 KHz to 2.2 MHz

UK is Profile 17a for VDSL2

So are you saying that VDSL2 is operating in the ADSL spectrum, if so it should pretty much have ADSL length and speed performance which it does not.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User DanielCoffey67
(regular) Mon 12-Aug-19 12:46:54
Print Post

I can confirm that I am on VDSL2 Profile 17a according to DSLStats.

When I look at the Bits graph I see the green (upload?) band is from tones 5 to 32 (21.5kHz to 138kHz) and the red (download) tones start from 47 to 295 (202.7kHz to 1272kHz) and then 522 to 647 (2251kHz to 2790kHz).
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 12-Aug-19 12:53:09
Print Post

[re: DanielCoffey67] [link to this post]

Brain was not fully working, there is some use down at that end but the ANFP power mask is used to avoid trashing ADSL/ADSL2+ signals via cross talk.

Performance wise VDSL2 only kicks in at 2.2 MHz once clear of the ADSL/ADSL2+ frequencies.

The power mask in use on that cabinet may go towards explaining why some blocks are not in use.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 12-Aug-19 12:54:09
Print Post

Yes, it does start down at 25kHz.

https://images.slideplayer.com/11/3315602/slides/sli... shows the spectrum usage.

M H C

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 12-Aug-19 12:55:40
Print Post

But like most online resources they don't reflect the impact the ANFP in the UK has on VDSL2

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 12-Aug-19 13:09:40
Print Post

The power mask in use on that cabinet may go towards explaining why some blocks are not in use.

“A first hunch might be some strange mask or profile”

Ooooh, do I win anything ? grin

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to