Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User homer79
(learned) Wed 18-Sep-19 19:46:48
Print Post

BT line fault keeps getting closed

[link to this post]

Had a line fault for over a week, first symptom the HG612 wouldnt sync 2am in the morning. So I tried another HG612, wouldnt sync. So tried a ECI modem, sync'd again. done a speed test only 11Mb/s, down from 53Mb/s.
checked the master socket in the morning, no 50V, checked it against earth 50V, so its the neg line that broke.
Got my misses to log a fault calls, twice they say the fault is inside the building and clear down the fault.
Whats the best way to get BT to get the fault fixed?
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Sep-19 20:10:22
Print Post

Re: BT line fault keeps getting closed

[re: homer79] [link to this post]

It sounds like you’ve an HR fault, hence it testing OK on remote tests, and them closing it off.

Get a phone, actually confirm you have no dial tone. Ring up and report it as a voice fault.

If testing OK, then they’ll insist on threatening charges and raising a CDTA task ... await your appointment. Sorted.

Standard User homer79
(learned) Wed 18-Sep-19 20:21:34
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

There is deffo no dial tone, even on my fluke butt phone there isnt any dial tone on the
incoming pair. I work with alarms, so I connect to phone lines all the time. Think I might
book the day off work when the BT engineer comes so I don't get charged for a legit
line fault.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 18-Sep-19 21:15:33
Print Post

With no dial tone it should be a slam dunk fault to find. So report the voice fault and in the course of fixing that the broadband should come back

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Sep-19 21:16:55
Print Post

Then report it to your voice provider .... good luck.

Print Thread

Jump to