Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User longedge
(experienced) Fri 19-Jun-20 21:04:18
Print Post

Re: REIN tracking/prevention

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Yes that's pretty much what the engineer said yesterday, the thing being that appointments are made for the times when disconnections occur.

Just had my first drop of the day at 20:57hrs, well since first thing this morning anyway.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
... known to some as George
plusnet FTTC

Edited by longedge (Fri 19-Jun-20 21:05:02)

Standard User kevindb
(regular) Fri 19-Jun-20 21:34:35
Print Post

Re: REIN tracking/prevention

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Report a broadband issue, hopefully the Openreach bod will understand, and can get a REIN case raised ... then you can get visit from your local REIN engineer who can hopefully trace the issue for you.

I'm intrigued, has the Openreach attitude to REIN changed? In my dealings with Openreach there was considerable reluctance to accept/believe that REIN could be an issue. All engineers were singing the tune 'very rare/never encountered a case'. Stupid dances of E&D side swaps, lifts& shifts, such a waste of time when I had recordings of the issue. I should think it's less of a problem now with VDSL since the relative signal strengths are much more in VDSL's favour (local cabinet TX/RX) than ADSL (exchange based TX/RX) but an 'investigative' cycle around the local estates with an AM radio reveals a small but significant population of houses with very obviously noisy switch mode PSUs.

Of course, all this goes away with proper light pipe.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to