Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 28-Jun-20 12:38:38
Print Post

Re: Can't connect to openreach modem on PC

[re: InTheMood] [link to this post]

What did BT DSL Checker say here https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL click address and post back but make sure u deleted door number and post code.

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014

Edited by adslmax (Sun 28-Jun-20 12:39:19)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 28-Jun-20 12:41:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by InTheMood:
Also a funny note; the OR engineer who came after my GFast install told me that actually I should have never been sold GFast in the first place because my house is too far away from the cabinet, which means I will never reach much more than 80Mb/s downspeed as opposed to 120-150 advertised by TalkTalk.

The OR Engineer should never go ahead and will tell talktalk this Gfast order is cancelled and void.

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014
Standard User InTheMood
(newbie) Sun 28-Jun-20 13:11:42
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Sure, here you go

https://imgur.com/a/YQkikAa

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 28-Jun-20 13:19:32
Print Post

That's pretty look like your cabinet is bit far away from G.fast. You are better off stay as FTTC with Zen Internet but have to warn you if your G.fast has completed migration to Zen from TalkTalk then u are stuck with 12 months contract as Zen won't allow you to downgrade to FTTC until your contract has completed first.

I think OR Engineer are correct as it look appear you are around 300m or more away from the pcp cabinet to your property for G.fast (don't get mix up with Fibre Cabinet and PCP Cabinet)

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 28-Jun-20 13:50:10
Print Post

Not as black and white as ADSLmax makes out

If the line was able to perform at 120 Mbps sync speeds then the upgrade compared to VDSL2 might be worth while

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 28-Jun-20 14:15:42
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I don't think his line would get 120Mbps. Plus his upload will be lots worsen than VDSL2. I think OR engineer know this!

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 28-Jun-20 14:55:35
Print Post

No one really knows until the line has synced up.

We can all think what we want, but behaviour once synced trumps the checker

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User InTheMood
(newbie) Sun 28-Jun-20 15:02:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

When the GFast was working for 2 hours with TalkTalk, I got 80Mb/s at most. Might have been more at times but difficult to say when only working for a few hours.

Anyway with Zen I was told straight away that I was a bit too far and so they don't offer me their GFast contract. Instead, they put me back to FTTC. I did tell them I was on GFast at TT and they didn't seem to care so hopefully they're able to sort it out.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to