General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User moggy68
(learned) Mon 06-Aug-12 21:08:52
Print Post

Re: fed up withTalk Talk problem for 14 days now

[re: ukp] [link to this post]

hi,

If you drive into Mayflower Road from Chaff Station go past all the schools etc, go round the bend, then up the hill what is the NEW cabinet going in Cab No: ?

Moggy

Regards

Moggy smile
Standard User ukp
(member) Mon 06-Aug-12 22:15:42
Print Post

[re: moggy68] [link to this post]

That is a FTTC cabinet and it is connected to PCP (Cab) 13. I had a quick look and I can't even see the PCP anywhere so I'm assuming it is off the road somewhere.

Just leaves PCPs 11 and 12. I emailed Ian Livingston (head guy at BT) asking about cabs 11 and 12 and he said to speak to thurrock council about BDUK funding for these 2 cabs - So I assume they are not in the next ~1 year plans at all.
Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Mon 06-Aug-12 22:19:36
Print Post

[re: moggy68] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by moggy68:
..... go round the bend......

shocked

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Sevenfour
(newbie) Wed 08-Aug-12 08:07:19
Print Post

I have just completed the survey/registered my interest
smile
Standard User Sevenfour
(newbie) Sun 07-Oct-12 12:15:40
Print Post

Some developments it seems. Postcode checker which was showing FTTC due in September is now showing no FTTC due for postcodes around Swiftsure or Swallow close even though the cabinet is in place. Any ideas?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 07-Oct-12 13:27:09
Print Post

[re: Sevenfour] [link to this post]

Probably, (not certainly), be live within a couple of days. If you listen at the vents can you hear the cooling? (No-one has yet been taken off to a padded cell for doing that. Or maybe they have which is why we don't know).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User ukp
(member) Sun 07-Oct-12 13:49:01
Print Post

I've just rechecked the some of the postcodes that are served by cab 10 and it shows that fttc is available.

Swiftsure road and swallow close are both served by 2 cabinets, cab 10 and cab 12 although in both cases it is 99% for cab 10.

Cab 12 is currently not in BT's plan for FTTC frown
Standard User Sevenfour
(newbie) Sun 07-Oct-12 17:13:00
Print Post

But the thing is, the postcode for the whole of Swallow Close is RM166RH and this is showing just ADSL, no FTTC mentioned at all on the BT Wholesale checker. Seeing as 99% of Swallow Close should be on Cab 10 this doesn't make much sense to me ? Possibly a website glitch? A couple of months ago this whole postcode was showing FTTC around Sept time.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 07-Oct-12 17:23:01
Print Post

Ah, I forgot that. Sorry frown.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User ukp
(member) Wed 17-Oct-12 07:55:34
Print Post

Soon after your post I did notice that all references to FTTC had been removed for the cab 10 postcodes. I think this happens just before the cab starts to accept orders.

Yesterday I received an email from bt openreach saying that I 300mbit fibre is now available following the Chafford exchange being enabled - but the exchange was enabled back in March so I suspect this was a glitch email. However, this morning BT are out working on the fibre node again next to cab 12.

I think BT are taunting us. How can they have the fibre cable and node literally 2 metres from cab12 yet they won't upgrade the cab?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to