General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 11-Feb-12 19:39:06
Print Post

Re: fed up withTalk Talk problem for 14 days now

[re: moggy68] [link to this post]

smile
So what are the stats like now?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User moggy68
(learned) Wed 15-Feb-12 19:32:29
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi,

will post the stats back on here later.

Day 1, 2, 3 after SNR margin Reset speed 2.12mbps
Day 4 no internet for over 24 hours
Day 5 only getting 0.75mbps

So think i am going back to where it all began.....

Router Stats 15th Feb - @ 21.12 - 5 days after SNR Margin Reset

SNR 13.5db downstream / 6.0db upstream
Line Att 61.0db downstream / 31.5db upstream
Data Rate 2016kbps downstream / 352kbps upstream
Power 18.5 dbm downstream / 12.5dbm upstream
CRC 14 downstream / 17 upstream

thanking you

Edited by moggy68 (Wed 15-Feb-12 21:14:24)

Standard User ipad2
(newbie) Tue 21-Feb-12 17:30:51
Print Post

Re: fed up withTalk Talk problem for 14 days now *DELETED*

[re: moggy68] [link to this post]

Post deleted by MrSaffron

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Sevenfour
(newbie) Thu 23-Feb-12 20:19:55
Print Post

[re: ukp] [link to this post]

Hi. Can to this thread though a google search. I also live station side of Chafford and get a max of 2.7meg. i was really really hoping that we would be getting Infinity so was slightly depressed when I opened the map you made.
I actually phoned BT last weekend to enquire about Infinity as Sam Knows states enabled 01/03/12 but BT Wholesale checker makes no mention of it. They assured me that I would be getting Infinity at my address but Im now really not sure if I was being fobbed off. The cabinet at the end of my street has not been upgraded. I will be fuming if they give it to the side of Chafford which is 1) already getting good speeds as they are close to the exchange and 2) have the option of Virgin. It doesnt seem fair, or even good business!!!
Have you heard any more news on this?
Standard User ukp
(member) Thu 23-Feb-12 23:21:00
Print Post

[re: Sevenfour] [link to this post]

Up until last weekend, the BT checker reported FTTC speeds for all postcodes in chafford. Now it doesn't report any FTTC but phone numbers do. The exchange actually went live last Monday so those luckily enough to be on cabs 1 through 9 can order. You're right it is unfair, as homes served by cabs 1 through 9 are also served by virgin media for cable.

About a month ago, there was a lot of activity by Telent and another contractor on cabs 10 and 12 (these are the two cabs on the corner directly opposite the railway station). They were putting in fibre cable. There was an engineer working on the new FTTC cab 7 (opposite Sainsburys) and I asked about the rest of Chafford. He seemed to think all of Chafford would get FTTC and the other cabs would be done by April. I have a feeling he either didn't really know or was just telling me what I wanted to hear. Time will tell.

I have emailed ian livingston at BT but had no reply. They are now working in South Ockendon which is due to be enabled by June, so maybe after then.
Standard User Sevenfour
(newbie) Fri 24-Feb-12 07:05:51
Print Post

Thanks for your reply, I can't understand why BT wouldn't enabled the cabs for the customers who currently get the worst speeds, I would think more customers would order fibre in these poor areas. It is encouraging that 10 & 12 have fibre put in them, I should think they are planning to enable these cabs at some point (but why not now!). Its just a case of waiting I suppose. If you have contact details for someone at BT I could complain to then I would be happy to do that.

Its funny as about a year and a half ago I had an openreach engineer around my house who told me they were giving fttc to the other side of chafford and fttp to our side of Chafford. Looks like he was wrong or plans have changed for some reason. Unless we will get fttp and thats why our side hasn't been upgraded....whens the rollout plan for that now...2014?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 24-Feb-12 09:28:14
Print Post

At a guess the view would have been taken that

1. They want to compete with Virgin, rather than hand over an area to them
2. The cabinets with slowest speeds are the smaller less populated ones
3. Openreach is trying to get best possible speeds, so a cab with lots of long lines from cab to home is less likely to get enabled at this time. In short the pressure for speed headlines means they feel better to keep average speed up on the new technology.
4. The planning department will have little visibility of actual local area, beyond maps and some line data. Think grey man/lady in a boring office planning this, and not an broadband evangelist.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ukp
(member) Fri 24-Feb-12 15:00:55
Print Post

Competing with virgin media is probably the real reason those 9 cabs have been enabled. Back when BT first announced Chafford in their fibre plans they said FTTC and FTTP were coming. At the time I hoped they would provide FTTP to those not served by virgin to level the playing field a little, but sadly they removed the FTTP part around a year later.

I emailed Ian Livingston at BT and asked about any future plans for the remainder of Chafford. I didn't want specifics, just whether they had 100% ruled out the 4 cabs or maybe there was a chance once they start doing in-fills. I had no reply.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 24-Feb-12 15:52:05
Print Post

You cannot rule out ever providing FTTC from the cabinets,as in three years the economics may be very different.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Sevenfour
(newbie) Fri 24-Feb-12 17:28:29
Print Post

Yes you are probably right abput trying to compete with VM. Although if I had a choice between thr new 100meg VM or the 'maybe' 40meg BT then I would know which one I would pick so I cannot see them gaining many VM customers. The 5 cabs that haven't been upgraded serve a hell of a lot of people in a tightly packed community such as Chafford so I really think they have missed a big opportunity there. Hopefully the cabs will get enabled by the summer.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to